[TV] The Walking Dead

I think the Governor's motivation is pretty straightforward. Paranoia. He can't allow anyone that could challenge his leadership, it's why he killed off the soldiers as well.

I agree. He was a nobody in his former life. An average Joe. Now he's the king of the world.

In the novel Rise of the Governor, that guy had failed as a husband and as a music store owner before the outbreak. He was a sickly and timid sort of man living in his relatively successful younger brother's shadow.

And this isn't a spoiler. You learn this in the first few pages.

fade

Staff member
I'm just happy to see a southerner not portrayed as a retarded monkey for once...even if he started out as a walking stereotype.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Rewatching the series now with my wife. She spends most of each episode with her eyes wide and her fists pressed against her teeth.

New trailer for the FPS game...

While I'm glad they got the actors from the show to reprise their parts, dear god this looks generic. Zero effort has been put into this game.

New trailer for the FPS game...

While I'm glad they got the actors from the show to reprise their parts, dear god this looks generic. Zero effort has been put into this game.
It's got Daryl in it, what effort do you need? ;)

Seriously though, a FPS was a highly stupid idea.

Seriously though, a FPS was a highly stupid idea.
No, it COULD have worked. It's just you'd have to handicap the player so significantly (weapons are hard to find, ammo is almost no existent, melee rules the day) that it would alienate all the dew-chuggers and that's the market they are trying to hit. So the game is bad because the economics of gaming are absolutely shit right now.

Good lord, the Woodbury folks are totally useless. You have to be totally clueless to allow a zombie to sneak up on you, in broad daylight, in an open city street.

Yeah, it's kind of the point. They mostly survived because of the guys on the wall, who cleaned out of most of town once the walls were up. I'm not exactly sure what everyone else in town does, unless they are things like nurses, farmers, and mechanics.

fade

Staff member
Welp. That was kind of a boring episode. Wonder how long it will be until Daryl comes back. There's no way they don't know that's their money character.

Welp. That was kind of a boring episode. Wonder how long it will be until Daryl comes back. There's no way they don't know that's their money character.
He won't come back for a while. They'll probably do parallell episodes, showing what's going on with the Govenor, then show what's going on with Rick/Tyrese group, then showing what's going on with Merle/Daryl.

I'm also thinking that Andrea is still incredibly stupid. The Governor tried to force one of her friends to fight to the death, and she STILL stuck around.