[TV] The Walking Dead

While I thought it was a good episode overall and Andrea was actually being a decent person/decision maker this round, she has like the worst situational awareness ever. She lets zombie in the crunchy ground wilderness sneak up on her, and then I imagine while she did not expect the Governor to survive he probably had to make some ground to catch up to her after dealing with the zombies(again in crunchy wilderness.) Considering she spent 8 months out in the wild with Michonne I figured she would be better at survival by then.
I'll actually buy the final capture because she was just so completely weak and barely hanging on when she got there. As for bad situational awareness? Agreed, but it's about TV tension I guess.

Oh yeah, the final portion made more sense considering the 'going ons',
though in that scene I was more amazed by The Governor being able catch back up without his truck(I assumed he did not use it because you can here it from the next town over) considering while he does do dirty work on occasion he seems like the guy who delagates alot so I figured he would not be fit enough to catch up + maintain some aspect of stealth.

However all told it was a good episode and I didnt curse Andrea really this time. hehe

I knew what was going to happen (thanks for the spoilers, 4chan) but I was still shook up.
It was all in
Daryl's
reaction. I knew it was coming because of how it was building, but not because it was poorly directed, but because of how the character was shifting.

It was all in
Daryl's
reaction. I knew it was coming because of how it was building, but not because it was poorly directed, but because of how the character was shifting.
Oh yeah, any character coming out of their shell and being humanized is a sure-fire way to get killed.

As soon as Merle let Michonne go, I pretty much knew where it was going. What I didn't expect was Merle being all badass and taking out eight - EIGHT! - of The Governor's men. I mean, that was a brilliant plan. He didn't even need to kill them with a headshot or anything. Just wound them long enough for the zeds to get them. But yeah, Daryl's reaction was just heartbreaking.

I also found it interesting how Zombie Merle moved almost lazily just like Alive Merle did. The slow and methodical style that Merle always had and I never realized how close to a zombie he moved in his own kind of way. It makes you realize all the more that he was a monster (though one that redeemed himself in the end) just as much as the zombies were.

I'm fairly certain Ben's dad is going to commit suicide or something next episode. Kid got slaughtered by Merle in that attack. This is assuming he doesn't go nuts and try to kill Tyreese or the Governor first.

fade

Staff member
Was Merle already bitten by the time the governor bit him? Any chance of the governor slowly devolving into a zombie? I doubt it, but it could be interesting.

Was Merle already bitten by the time the governor bit him? Any chance of the governor slowly devolving into a zombie? I doubt it, but it could be interesting.
I think he died of "natural" causes when The Governor shot him. That was my impression, anyway. Didn't look like he got bit when that zombie jumped him.

I'm just wondering who from the Prison is going to be in the body count by the end of next episode, there's noone left to be a -shrug off and move on with life- kill. Even this last episode with
Merle
dying has left
Daryl
a changed person for sure.

If anyone else were to die, it'd affect another current living character beyond the point of moving on. With the exception of
Carol
who died in the comics before the Governor even hit the prison in the comics.

My prediction for the dead pile?

-Herschel and his younger daughter
-Carol
-Tyreese's sister
-Ben's dad
-The Governor
-Ramirez (or whatever the second in command's name is)
-Milton

Of those that I think might POSSIBLY survive are Carol and Milton. Carol could live because Daryl needs someone to play off of. Milton might live and ether take over the town or join up with Rick because they need a new "smart guy" since I'm predicting Herschel will buy it.

I can't even click spoilers now since I don't know what's "stuff about last episode" spoiler vs "this stuff happened in the comics and will probably happen in the show" spoiler. So I'll just wait until the finale's over.

For this episode:
Daryl had me at the end. The fucking Governor...

I'm hoping they do wrap up the season 3 story arc and don't leave it dangling to be taken care of next season.

I can't even click spoilers now since I don't know what's "stuff about last episode" spoiler vs "this stuff happened in the comics and will probably happen in the show" spoiler. So I'll just wait until the finale's over.
As per Dave's request back in Season 2, we don't post comic related spoilers here unless it's like "Hey, did you guys read the latest issue? I thought THIS was cool." We clearly label those too. This is just sort of the catch-all thread for Walking Dead stuff right now. We'll probably make one for the Tell-Tale game once Season 2 hits though.

As for comic spoilers... after next season, I don't think it will matter. They literally blew through 2+ years of comics this season. If they keep up that pace (and I think they will), they will outpace the comics next year and everything after will probably be it's own thing. The two are hardly comparable at this point anymore.

Regardless, I can confirm that there are NO comic related spoilers on this page, so don't feel shy about looking at the spoilers. We're all just predicting what we think will happen.

Seriously though, the comic and the show are so far apart this season about the only comparison I can even make between the two are the location and the names of some of the characters. As for similar things playing out? Maybe 1 in 20 are similar as far as events playing out the same.

To be honest, with the exception of Andrea's character, I actually like the show a lot more than the comic. The comic doesn't have Darryl, for starters. Going back to Andrea, though, I really, truly hope she redeems herself by the end of this season. If Carl can win me over by being more useless in two minutes than two seasons, then Andrea can do the same by being the badass I know her as in the comics.[DOUBLEPOST=1364311741][/DOUBLEPOST]But Gil's right. The show is very different from the comic, which is what I like about it. Half the fun of the comic is not knowing what's going to happen next. They couldn't adapt it straight from the comic and have the same enjoyment for everyone by making it predictable.

Two things that have set in with me following this season finale.

1. It's obvious the plotline (despite being good) is really getting dragged out.
2. The commercials for this show are the worst I've ever seen for a TV drama. I get it, the network needs money. Extend each episode by 20 minutes and make it an hour and a half, so we get an hours actual footage please!

And Andrea was annoying to the very end. I don't know if it was done on purpose for fans of the series and the overall Anti-Andrea sentiment the internet has shown, but WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU STOP TRYING TO GET THE PLIERS TO TALK TO MILTON!?!???!??!?!??!? She got herself free just as Milton turned. That means if she would have just shut the fuck up and tried getting the pliers instead of pausing for like 10 minutes to chat with Milton, she would have made it.

Well, that was some kind of episode.

My face when he lost his shit and gunned them all down.

no.gif

And yes I agree, I hope next season they get a better budget.

Also

WTF ARE THEY DOING WITH ALL THOSE PEOPLE?

So, the Governor is down to just himself and his two remaining lieutenants (who may jump ship at this point) and the crew decides to move everyone left in Woodbury to the prison.

Why didn't they just move in to Woodbury?