[TV] The Walking Dead

It honestly entirely depends on how much time they spent clearing roads to get from Atlanta to the CDC HQ and then from there to the farm and how long Rick was on the road when he tried to get to Atlanta. He had a horse for some of the trip, but who knows for how long. Then add in 2-3 months for winter.

So it's probably been more like 3-4 months since Sophia bit it.
At three months, a woman as thin as Lori would be showing. Four at best. She wasn't at the end of season 2. Now she's due. It's been at least five months, if not six.

This seems like another continuity error and it makes me think they are going to be ether cramming or skipping a lot of events this season... which is bad because this is the slow part of the comic. This is where your supposed to get your breath after months on the road, as they try to make some kind of normalcy in their life. That's what this arc is all about. If they are just going to have them rush back into the action again, it kinda defeats the purpose of finding a long term shelter.

It also makes me fear for Season 5, as the comic isn't exactly THAT far ahead of the show anymore and by then I think they'll be caught up.

I'm often surprised that they skip stuff as much as they do. I'd like to see more of them on the road, between places. I was kind of surprised that the show jumped from the end of one shelter straight to the start of another. Yeah, it's not that way for the characters, but it is for us viewers.

More stuff from the premiere:

- I liked how efficiently the group burst into the house at the beginning.
- I LOVED how they pulled out the map and learning that not only have they been keeping track of the walker herds, but that they're in danger of getting pinned.
- That one walker with the face mask ... and then when Rick tears off the mask, the face goes with it. That thing fucking got under my skin, and it was something to see even Rick recoil in disgust after he's been killing so many of them.

Herschel!!!

I still can't get the hallway out of my head. I couldn't even go to bed right after the episode; I had jitters.

I'll be vague on this, but there was one story in the comics either before Herschall's farm or before the prison that showed them more on the road. It was a little similar to the start of this last episode where they discovered a new place, only it was much more disastrous.

I'll be vague on this, but there was one story in the comics either before Herschall's farm or before the prison that showed them more on the road. It was a little similar to the start of this last episode where they discovered a new place, only it was much more disastrous.
Oh right... that was pretty brutal. That was also before they had done much more than sneak into a few stores on the outskirts of Atlanta for supplies and really hadn't hardened the fuck up to their new world. Then again, they didn't really start getting smart in the comics until a little after getting to the prison, so it's not like they didn't have tons of chances to learn it sooner. They got smart much faster in the TV show.

They still get scared as fuck in the dark.

And I'd like to know where the fuck all those walkers came from because I've been to prisons (professionally) and they ain't mazes of cell blocks. It's linear as fuck as intended that way.

They still get scared as fuck in the dark.

And I'd like to know where the fuck all those walkers came from because I've been to prisons (professionally) and they ain't mazes of cell blocks. It's linear as fuck as intended that way.
The set is a converted factory, I believe. They talked about it in one of their Making of Season 3 things. So yeah... it wouldn't be like that in Real Life.

I've only been to one prison, and that was Alcatraz when I was on vacation. It's definitely no maze. It's basically a big square.

I don't have a problem with them screwing with the layout of a prison if it improves the mise en scene. That sequence played really well, so no problem there. You have to bend reality a little every now and then, I think.

I've only been to one prison, and that was Alcatraz when I was on vacation. It's definitely no maze. It's basically a big square.

I don't have a problem with them screwing with the layout of a prison if it improves the mise en scene. That sequence played really well, so no problem there. You have to bend reality a little every now and then, I think.
Bend reality in my zombie apocalypse?
1348940201519.jpg

Oh I agree completely, I'm sure they bent the reality on a prison blueprint due to the fact that such a small percentage of the population would know that it wouldn't be right. It wouldn't be a stretch for them to believe it.

I just felt it was a bit much. Every way they went 30 walkers were walking towards them while they were PERFECTLY fine till they met the first group.

The walkers looped around to cut them off. That's why it's stupid--no prison would be designed that way. The number of walkers was fine, but that they could zip around in this maze was overdoing it.

BUT I wasn't thinking about that during the scene, because I was so caught up in the heavy atmosphere and tension.

Exactly. It's the cliff in Jurassic Park, the exploding oxygen tank in Jaws, or Indiana Jones riding on the outside of a submarine. Work the audience up a bit, they'll buy whatever you sell them. Except for Jay. He's thrifty.

It actually didn't occur to me until you pointed it out that all the examples that leaped to my mind were Spielberg.
Spielberg also has my favorite quote on the effect from the making of Jaws. He told Peter Benchly about the oxygen tank and Benchly said that a shark would never do that. Spielberg told him, "It doesn't matter. I've got them. I've had them for two hours, they'll stay with me for three more minutes."

North_Ranger

Staff member
Watched the first episode today. Looking good so far.

I'm hoping they don't bump off Hershel too soon, even though he's now apparently an expy of Dale. I guess two old men was one too many...

Glad they kept in the prisoners in the diner. Can't wait to see what comes out of that.

And yes, someone needs to lose their job for that shitty-ass prison design. I mean, getting flanked by walkers? The prisoners would have had a field day with design like that...

Prisons are mazes....mmmkay?

Good episode all in all.

Almost got lucky with Lori dying.... but didn't happen. :(

Everything about this episode was amazing. This season is fantastic so far. Has me on the edge of my seat screaming at the TV every few minutes.

Rick did NOT fuck around anymore. Welcome to the Ricktatorship folks!

I was seriously surprised he killed that asshole with the gun as quickly as he did. There was drama there and they killed it for the name of sanity, which I appreciate.

I like how Kirkman was smart enough to let us know the skinny black guy died this time. In the comics, all you saw was him running out past the fence and Kirkman offhandedly mentioned he bit it later in the letters section years later. This time? They trap him in a tiny courtyard, Rick locks him in, and the last thing you hear is the guy screaming as he's being eaten. That little moment had to be a nod to the comic fans.

And Lori was finally useful FOR ONCE. Too bad it was doing something that should have gotten her killed.

Lori's usefulness was pretty minor for the amount of accolades she got for it. Carl saved everyone. Also he's handy with a pistol when necessary.

I stopped watching the show an episode before the mid-season finale of season 2 because the crying about Sofia had gotten to me. Finally came back to it with my buddy who I watch this kind of shit with and we were pretty ok with the rest (almost all) of the rest of the second season. The break was needed. The first half of season 2 wasn't very good. This latter half has been a vast improvement.

I stopped watching the show an episode before the mid-season finale of season 2 because the crying about Sofia had gotten to me. Finally came back to it with my buddy who I watch this kind of shit with and we were pretty ok with the rest (almost all) of the rest of the second season. The break was needed. The first half of season 2 wasn't very good. This latter half has been a vast improvement.
You liked the end of the 2nd season? You're going to freak over the third season. Two episodes in and holy shit.

I'm loving this season so far. I was going to give it a few episodes but was seriously considering dropping it, but I've enjoyed the hell out of it since the premier.

Although I do have to admit to screaming "BITE HER FACE OFF!" at the TV last night.

I'm loving this season so far. I was going to give it a few episodes but was seriously considering dropping it, but I've enjoyed the hell out of it since the premier.

Although I do have to admit to screaming "BITE HER FACE OFF!" at the TV last night.
My line " You're going to get bit you stupid bitch. Don't put your face... oh shit you're so getting bit you stupid bitch. BITE HER oh god just get this shit over with BITE HER! Oh you stupid bitch."