[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

figmentPez

Staff member
Cops are flagged down to stop a store from being looted.... The cops proceed to handcuff and arrest the store's black owners.

figmentPez

Staff member
Allegations of police looting:

And planting the bricks:

And tear gassing a private residence that took in protestors who had been driven off the street by the police:

It seriously saddens me that we've somehow gone from "testimony of a cop is worth more than that of an average citizen in court, because they're vetted and trustworthy" to "a cop better have a camera running for every move he makes, or whatever he says can pretty much be considered BS".
And I'm not saying "we should all just trust cops more again", to be clear, I'm saying "cops have seriously lost pretty much all respect and trust they had".
If you really want your mind blown ask yourself if they had ever deserved that respect or were the cops of yesteryear as brutal, racist and dishonest as the cops of today.

This is attempted murder:

Because I haven't been to work in...forever, I didn't find out until yesterday morning that GR was undergoing the same sort of upheaval and violence as other large cities...heck, turns out it's even more confrontational than Detroit! But even though GR's westernmost neighbors might be among some of the most conservative-leaning in the country, at least the cops in GR aren't as insane as I keep seeing everywhere else, right?

Ok, now I'm disappointed.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
So there was a meeting in Omaha yesterday. Black leaders met with the mayor, the police chief, and Nebraska governor (and enormous human thumb) Pete Ricketts.

In the meeting Ricketts said, "The problem I have with you people..." and the black leaders just walked out.

He has not denied this and has issued an apology, but it speaks volumes. With racism at the very top, there will be no change at the bottom.

So there was a meeting in Omaha yesterday. Black leaders met with the mayor, the police chief, and Nebraska governor (and enormous human thumb) Pete Ricketts.

In the meeting Ricketts said, "The problem I have with you people..." and the black leaders just walked out.

He has not denied this and has issued an apology, but it speaks volumes. With racism at the very top, there will be no change at the bottom.
The Ricketts family owns the Cubs. Not a chance MLB does to them what the NBA did to Donald Sterling.

Sterling getting kicked out was the combination of a lot of factors beyond the racist recording. 0.0% chance MLB does the same.

:notes:"I went down to the de-mon-stra-tion
To get my fair share of abuse
Singin' we're gonna vent our frustration
If we don't we gonna blow
a 50-amp fuse...":notes:

Fuck Trump. He had nothing to do with Minneapolis starting to calm down. It only happened because the exact opposite of what he wanted to do happened.