[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

Well, if he'd shown aggressive behavior, they'd have just shot him and said they were afraid for their lives like police usually do with black kids.

I want to point out that sometimes a person is so freaked out that they become a danger to themselves, and being restrained is for their safety. But, you've already gotten you mind made up about this, even though, as has been pointed out, we don't have all the story to go along with what happened.
Of course, they only cuffed him because he was freaking out over the fact that the cops though he was a dangerous criminal... clearly the cops where just helping a poor kid that was scared for reasons out of their control...

Dave

Staff member
I can almost understand her reasoning. She had her windows open and basically someone else's kids were standing outside yelling for a pretty long time. She handled it terribly and used the absolute bullshit excuse of "selling without a permit", but it still stemmed from not wanting to hear someone yelling outside of your window for hours.

Screaming kids are one of those things that if they are yours you can tune out, but if someone else's it grates on the nerves like nails on the chalkboard. She just broke. :rofl:

I can almost understand her reasoning. She had her windows open and basically someone else's kids were standing outside yelling for a pretty long time. She handled it terribly and used the absolute bullshit excuse of "selling without a permit", but it still stemmed from not wanting to hear someone yelling outside of your window for hours.
After reading this, I expected the incident to have occured on a leafy suburban street.

But that street in the video? She's just lucky it ain't turn of the century London with newsboys 'ollering the 'eadlines on every corner.

But that street in the video? She's just lucky it ain't turn of the century London with newsboys 'ollering the 'eadlines on every corner.
Eh wot, guv? Some chit is cross with us 'cause we be 'avin' a gas, eh? A nasty jar for 'er, that is.

Mid-Victorian London boasted around 400 residents per acre too. That's four times what modern Manhattan has. She wouldn't last two days.

Last edited:
After reading this, I expected the incident to have occured on a leafy suburban street.

She would need to call the police on a lot more people. Someone selling marijuana illegally probably shouldn't draw attention to herself either way.

The girl who was selling water to afford tickets to Disneyland/world? Someone bought them for her and her family.

Ethnicity and such haven't been disclosed for this case, but it seems terrifying enough to post here.

AP News - Police: Dallas officer mistakes apartment for own, kills man
DALLAS (AP) — Dallas police say an officer returning home from work shot and killed a neighbor after she said she mistook his apartment for her own.

Police issued a news release Friday saying the shooting happened Thursday night. Police say the officer had arrived at her apartment complex in uniform after working a shift.

Authorities say the officer called dispatch to report the shooting. She told responding officers that she believed the victim’s apartment was her own when she entered it.

The man was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead.

The officer, who was not injured, will be placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.

By the time I saw it... first sentence in story now.

DALLAS (AP) — A white Dallas police officer who said she mistook a black neighbor’s apartment for her own fatally shot that person and will be charged with manslaughter, police said Friday.

Dallas Morning News is reporting the officer will be charged with manslaughter, and once they have a warrant they'll release the officer's name.

By the time I saw it... first sentence in story now.

DALLAS (AP) — A white Dallas police officer who said she mistook a black neighbor’s apartment for her own fatally shot that person and will be charged with manslaughter, police said Friday.

Dallas Morning News is reporting the officer will be charged with manslaughter, and once they have a warrant they'll release the officer's name.
Funny thing is, if he'd've been in a position to "Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground", he would have most likely been put on the fast track to Death Row for shooting a cop.

Funny thing is, if he'd've been in a position to "Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground", he would have most likely been put on the fast track to Death Row for shooting a cop.
This has actually been tried before with officers in uniform after they broke into the wrong house for a raid. The occupant jumped from his bed, grabbed his gun and returned fire before realizing it was the cops and taking a hit from their return fire. He and his wife sued the department afterwards and the results were basically "We're not charging you for attempted manslaughter because of Castle Doctrine and because you had a good faith reason to believe you needed to defend yourself. However, because you fired on the officers in a good faith commission of their duties, we can't find them guilty ether. They had just as much justification to fight for their lives as you did."

This is different though; if she wasn't in uniform and wasn't there in an official capacity, she's toast. That's just B&E with manslaughter.

Appears that he opened the door for her, because someone was trying to get in his apartment, and she was one floor up from her actual home.

Texas Rangers apparently asked for a warrant to NOT be issued... I'm really getting suspicious about what we haven't been told yet.

I just don't really understand why they're dragging their feet. If the police officer wasn't in uniform and this was off duty, she's a regular civilian. If I get so drunk I go to the wrong house, get in, and shoot the person in there, that's definitely purely on me and I'm not sure what it'd be classed as - manslaughter or another legal term - but I'm definitely going to see the inside of a jail. My job, my color, the other person's color, they all really don't seem relevant whatsoever.

I just don't really understand why they're dragging their feet. If the police officer wasn't in uniform and this was off duty, she's a regular civilian. If I get so drunk I go to the wrong house, get in, and shoot the person in there, that's definitely purely on me and I'm not sure what it'd be classed as - manslaughter or another legal term - but I'm definitely going to see the inside of a jail. My job, my color, the other person's color, they all really don't seem relevant whatsoever.
*This is America*

Finally charges and arrest... From the Dallas Morning News, copied the story because they've gotten really weird about letting people read their articles.

The Dallas police officer accused of fatally shooting Botham Jean in his apartment Thursday night has been arrested, officials said Sunday.

A warrant was issued for Amber Guyger, 30, and she was arrested Sunday and booked into the Kaufman County jail on a manslaughter charge, the Texas Department of Public Safety said.
Guyger fatally shot Jean, 26, after authorities said she mistook his apartment at the South Side Flats in the Cedars for her own.

The Texas Rangers took over the investigation from the Dallas Police Department and the warrant was issued after "subsequent coordination with the Dallas County District Attorney's Office," DPS said.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BErt

BREAKING: Extremely Relevant and Important News That in No Way is Being Released to Try to Demonize an Innocent Victim

Dave

Staff member
That looks like something you'd see on Fox Ne-oh.

No surprise. Fucking stupid and evil, but no surprise.

And this "news" was released on the day of Botham Jean's funeral. Because clearly his family don't deserve to get a day to grieve & show their respect.

Da mariwana? Clearly he had it coming... he was probably acting violent and crazy IN HIS OWN HOME!!!

Why counld't he stick to imbibing alcohol, like normal, non-shootable-in-their-own-home people?

I still don't understand how this happens. You're not at your correct door. Therefore your key doesn't work. You look up a bit, realize you're an idiot, and go back one floor down. How does "my key doesn't work" translate into "this is still mine, whomever is in there should be shot, since they changed the locks somehow." Or... what?

Hell, the first part HAS HAPPENED TO ME. Once. I was really REALLY confused as to why my key didn't work, as the hallway is identical. But then I looked a little harder at the number on the door, then felt like an idiot for punching the wrong button on the elevator. Then I went to my correct floor, and I laughed at myself for a few minutes, and haven't told a soul until now.

I still don't understand how this happens. You're not at your correct door. Therefore your key doesn't work. You look up a bit, realize you're an idiot, and go back one floor down. How does "my key doesn't work" translate into "this is still mine, whomever is in there should be shot, since they changed the locks somehow." Or... what?
Conflicting accounts abound:
Crime-scene evidence from Botham Jean’s apartment supports Dallas police Officer Amber Guyger’s account that she shot Jean from across the room as she stood inside his apartment door, (..) [t]he evidence, at least so far, doesn’t conclusively determine whether the door was unlocked or ajar.

(..) Guyger told police the door was open and ajar and she thought Jean was an intruder.

(..) A search warrant obtained by Dallas police says “an unknown male, inside the apartment confronted the officer at the door.” The warrant affidavit obtained by the Texas Rangers to arrest Guyger on a manslaughter charge three days after the shooting says Jean was “across the room” when the officer walked through the door.

(..) An attorney for Jean’s family, Lee Merritt, has said two independent witnesses had come forward to say they heard knocking on the door in the hallway before the shooting. Merritt said one witness reported hearing a woman’s voice saying, “Let me in, let me in.” Then they heard gunshots, he said.
Source

This story reads far more likely that someone had some sort of beef with her upstairs neighbor and, with judgement impaired by alcohol (and no doubt emboldened by her position as a police officer), she decided to confront him about it and things then escalated due to additional poor decision making and got out of hand, and her buddies are trying to cover for her. It’s (probably) not really about race, pot, police, guns, or even gender*.

I mean, I can’t be the only one seeing this as the most likely story, right?

—Patrick
*well, it actually could be about any of these things, but let’s assume the best, ok?

Dave

Staff member
I would TOTALLY believe the police reports on this. Yup. I would not think for a second that they'd be written in such a way as to cast the murderer in a better light because she's a cop.

This story reads far more likely that someone had some sort of beef with her upstairs neighbor and, with judgement impaired by alcohol (and no doubt emboldened by her position as a police officer), she decided to confront him about it and things then escalated due to additional poor decision making and got out of hand, and her buddies are trying to cover for her. It’s (probably) not really about race, pot, police, guns, or even gender*.

I mean, I can’t be the only one seeing this as the most likely story, right?

—Patrick
*well, it actually could be about any of these things, but let’s assume the best, ok?
Seems a bit too much for "just" neighbours...

Hell, the first part HAS HAPPENED TO ME. Once. I was really REALLY confused as to why my key didn't work, as the hallway is identical. But then I looked a little harder at the number on the door, then felt like an idiot for punching the wrong button on the elevator. Then I went to my correct floor, and I laughed at myself for a few minutes, and haven't told a soul until now.
They have keyless entry systems, so you're not necessarily trying to fit a key. Some reports have said they door may have been not completely locked closed. I'm really not sure what the hell actually happened. I believe that she is at fault, that possibly there is more between them than has been reported. It's a big mess that I'm not sure we'll ever get the full story in the public eye.

Honestly, what exactly happened doesn't even matter. I mean, it might have been murder instead of manslaughter if it was on purpose, but other than that, she still killed someone without any reason or warning, in their own home. Maybe breaking and entering should be added, maybe not; maybe she was drunk and maybe not. That's for the DA to decide what to charge with, and for a jury to decide.
Whether he had pot in his house or not doesn't matter. Even if he was a cross of Al Capone and Bin Laden, doesn't matter - he was sitting in his house, she went and killed him - off duty, in plain clothes, so as a civilian. She's clearly in the wrong, no matter what else - only the degree can be in question...and even "wrongful death" would be BS.

Last edited: