[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

A smart 9th grader built a homemade digital clock, took it to school to show it off, and told everyone "it's a clock".

Unfortunately, his name is "Ahmed"

Even at the best interpretation, it is an example of unintelligent officials deciding to punish someone for their mistake (similar to the Mooninite Hoax, but actually more on point with the Star Simpson case of 2007). The worst implication is pretty obvious.

Fortunately, Ahmed is receiving a lot of support. Even Hilary Clinton has tweeted her support.
(via GeekDad, Vox, USAToday)

#IstandWithAhmed

In 5th grade, I legitimately built a fake time bomb as a prank and left it on my desk when we went to recess. Cardboard tubes painted red, wires, a loudly-ticking wind-up alarm clock (the kind with the two bells on top), colored popsicle sticks, the whole deal.
"Hah ha, very funny," was the response, and then I took it home. That's all that happened.

--Patrick

HOW IN THE FUCK TO PEOPLE SEE A CIRCUIT BOARD AND THINK BOMB!?!?!?

Shit, a kid took an actual, functional, contact explosive, bomb to school and they did nothing to him. But that was 20 years ago in an all white school.

figmentPez

Staff member

Shit, a kid took an actual, functional, contact explosive, bomb to school and they did nothing to him. But that was 20 years ago in an all white school.
I'm not sure that they did think it was a bomb.

Ahmed didn't have a bomb.jpg

I don't know if they thought those were the parts to build a bomb, and were legitimately concerned, but they certainly didn't think he had explosive materials on him, or they wouldn't have treated the clock the way they did.

Wait wait wait...

"They told me 'No, you can't call your parents,'" Ahmed said. "'You're in the middle of an interrogation at the moment.' They asked me a couple of times, 'Is it a bomb?' and I answered a couple of times, 'It's a clock.'"
Not provable beyond his word (which is BS), but if they actually told him he couldn't call his parents, isn't that illegal? Or does the principal count as a guardian? He shouldn't, but that sounds EXTREMELY sketchy.

In many states the school counts as a guardian during the time the children are there, which is why Child Protective Services can interview children at school without ever contacting or notifying parents.
However, this doesn't extend to some official police stuff. The school has to notify the parents if the police are called on their child or if their child has been removed from the premises by the police.

Remember the Moonanite bomb scare when Cartoon Network did a viral ad campaign for ATHF? Yeah, people are that stupid.

fade

Staff member
Remember the Moonanite bomb scare when Cartoon Network did a viral ad campaign for ATHF? Yeah, people are that stupid.
The Mooninite thing was different. They were suddenly taped up in a bunch of conspicuous location with exposed circuitry and no context. I probably would've thought they were suspicious as well. I was living in Boston when it happened, and it's one of those cases of the media blowing things out of proportion. People weren't running in the streets or anything. There were suddenly a bunch of devices pasted up all over the city, which was freaky.

GasBandit

Staff member
So in South Carolina a girl refused to leave her class.

So cops brutally ripped her out of the desk.

Brutally attacking young girls is a bit of a theme for the police this year.
Cop got fired. Turns out he has a history of violent behavior.
http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/...ory-of-violent-arrests-including-army-veteran

Meanwhile, in another school, here's a picture of a principal getting tossed when he tried to stop a fight between students in the cafeteria.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article41673117.html

Sometimes a strong arm might be a little warranted.

Yes, just not in the case where it was, you know, actually used. When a brawl is in progress, then yes, taking a belligerent down and subduing them is absolutely justified. When a girl is mouthing off at her desk? Not so much. Some people might consider the circumstances to be slightly different.

No one would give two shits about that principal being attacked if the student was white.

The only reason that story has become widespread is so racists can say "What that cop did was ok. Look at what these ni urban thugs do! If one does this, they all do this!"