[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

He shot up a black church, but people are still going "let's not make this about race."

If that doesn't qualify as a race issue, then what the fuck does?
And he told the people in the church, "You are raping our women and taking over our country, so I have to kill all of you," according to a survivor.

Every arrest is equal. No matter if they resist or not. Lets choke them all to death. So they all can be equal to the vision of a few.
Yeah...I mean, mind you, of course this is a race issue and a hate crime. The picture of his arrest, though? He...threw down his weapon and surrendered. I don't know the guy "selling cigarettes", but I'm guessing he didn't.

Yeah...I mean, mind you, of course this is a race issue and a hate crime. The picture of his arrest, though? He...threw down his weapon and surrendered. I don't know the guy "selling cigarettes", but I'm guessing he didn't.
Eric Garner, the "I Can't Breathe" guy. He was put in a chokehold and pinned to the ground until he died. Officially the six plainclothes officers were questioning him about selling loose cigarettes.

Ah. Sorry, I know this is a fairly horrible thing to say, but there's too many black guys getting savagely beaten up, violently arrested and "accidentally" killed by white cops in the US these days, I can't keep them apart at all anymore.

Ah. Sorry, I know this is a fairly horrible thing to say, but there's too many black guys getting savagely beaten up, violently arrested and "accidentally" killed by white cops in the US these days, I can't keep them apart at all anymore.
Kind of says it all, doesn't it?

GasBandit

Staff member
Take a wild guess about how many people are concerned with perspective at the moment? (I'm not saying you're wrong).
Well, there sure seems to be a lot of handwringing about how apparently racism is the worst it's ever been since slavery because of this mass murder, and I just thought some people might want to know that such things are still, in fact, statistical outliers.

Agreed with more numbers needed. Deaths per year each category. And where are the "other" races there? Even if you say "white" means all of European decent except Spain, that still leaves middle East, Asia, and Hispanic at the least. Where are those?

GasBandit

Staff member
Why is it per 1000000 members of the murderer's race? Seems like it should be framed around the victims instead. And you would still get a healthy dose of perspective, I think. The same-race columns wouldn't change, for example.
Because it's trying to present the data as a function of racism, as fallacious as that might seem at first glance. To display tendencies of two groups, an equivalent scale is needed.

It's showing that any given white person, as a percentage of all white people, is far less likely to be someone who kills a black person than someone who kills a white person by a factor of 10 to 1. Black on black murder also outnumbers black on white murder 5 to 1. Black people are murderers of white people and vice versa at about the same rate per capita.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Agreed with more numbers needed. Deaths per year each category. And where are the "other" races there? Even if you say "white" means all of European decent except Spain, that still leaves middle East, Asia, and Hispanic at the least. Where are those?
Those aren't the cultures involved in the current racism debate.

Because it's trying to present the data as a function of racism, as fallacious as that might seem at first glance. To display tendencies of two groups, an equivalent scale is needed.

It's showing that any given white person, as a percentage of all white people, is far less likely to be someone who kills a black person than someone who kills a white person by a factor of 10 to 1. Black on black murder also outnumbers black on white murder 5 to 1. Black people are murderers of white people and vice versa at about the same rate per capita.
Yeah, but if you have a majority race (like white people) then a large number of them don't need to act on it. They can let a small percentage of the population do the dirty work, so to speak. If you have 99 people for every one [insert ethnic group here], for example, you only need 1% of the population to kill another 1% for it to be total genocide.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, but if you have a majority race (like white people) then a large number of them don't need to act on it. They can let a small percentage of the population do the dirty work, so to speak. If you have 99 people for every one [insert ethnic group here], for example, you only need 1% of the population to kill another 1% for it to be total genocide.
Here are totals for 2011 from the FBI.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u...s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6

Why is it per 1000000 members of the murderer's race? Seems like it should be framed around the victims instead. And you would still get a healthy dose of perspective, I think. The same-race columns wouldn't change, for example.
This. What's more important, how likely I am to kill due to race (which is what you get by normalizing to the murderer's race) or how likely I am to be killed due to race?

Still, these raw numbers don't tell much in the current debate, do they? Yes, you have a lot of killings each year. Yes, most of them aren't race motivated. What would it look like if you could break down that into a few categories (I don't know which ones that would be)? What about establishing some correlation (unfeasible in practice) between how many people of a race you see each day and how likely are you to kill them or be killed by them (because this surely biases a lot that data you show)? What about people killed by police (which is the main motivator of all this isn't it?)?

GasBandit

Staff member
This. What's more important, how likely I am to kill due to race (which is what you get by normalizing to the murderer's race) or how likely I am to be killed due to race?

Still, these raw numbers don't tell much in the current debate, do they? Yes, you have a lot of killings each year. Yes, most of them aren't race motivated. What would it look like if you could break down that into a few categories (I don't know which ones that would be)? What about establishing some correlation (unfeasible in practice) between how many people of a race you see each day and how likely are you to kill them or be killed by them (because this surely biases a lot that data you show)? What about people killed by police (which is the main motivator of all this isn't it?)?
Well, that's the main point of the thread, yes, but not why I posted that picture... I posted the picture in response to common reactions from the church shooting, especially the Jon Stewart piece that Nick linked. There's a narrative in the media which would have us believe that racially motivated violence is rampant (especially white-on-black), and violent crime in general is on the rise - where the fact is, racially motivated violence is comparatively rare (especially white on black), and violent crime in general has been trending downward since 1990 - and murder has followed that trend.

It's just now everything is reported 24/7 with supersaturation.

Are your charts taking into account police-on-minority violence, which isn't reported as murders or assaults, and is defacto white-on-whatever violence?

GasBandit

Staff member
Are your charts taking into account police-on-minority violence, which isn't reported as murders or assaults, and is defacto white-on-whatever violence?
Well obviously, assuming they're not being reported as murders or assaults, then they wouldn't be on charts tracking murders and assaults. Since you asked, I tried tracking down trend charts for it, but it's a little trickier to come by. I managed to find, however, in this piece by the Indy Star, a graph of "justifiable homicide involving the killing of a suspected felon by law enforcement" but with a caveat that the data is incomplete because not all agencies report data. It also doesn't do a breakdown by race.

shootings.png

Necronic

Staff member
Uhm. Yeah sorry I don't buy what that guy is saying at all. Oh the COC may have lots of gang members show up at it BUT I SWEAR IT IS NOT A GANG THING and the violence was totally unrelated to our organization which brought together a bunch of gangs. Sorry. You have an organization filled with gang members and you take zero responsibility with it erupting in violence?

I am happy that most of those people are in jail with ridiculous bonds. They are criminals and dangerous as hell. People seem to give them some kind of pass based on some ridiculous concept of nobility in the "outlaw culture". Its bogus. These are gangbangers no different from Bloods and Crips, except that they are white and ride bikes. 8 people died over a freaking parking spot at a Twin Peaks of all places. Nothing romantic here. They make money on the suffering of others and are generally just massive wastes of our countries resources. Let them rot.