[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/unmasking-Ferguson-witness-40-496236

TL;DR - a key witness in Darren Wilson's grand jury hearing, Sandra McElroy (Witness 40), turns out to be a heavily racist bipolar woman with a history of making false statements to police in order to be involved with high-profile cases. Almost all of the details of her statement matched previously published accounts from local newspapers.
Yeap prosecutor took a dive. Didn't have the skill or balls to make it a particularly convincing dive.

GasBandit

Staff member

When veteran K-9 officer Joe Avila picked up a box containing 4 to 5 pounds of marijuana from a UPS store, he radioed in to say he would file an incident report. Instead of placing the box into an evidence locker, it ended up in his Oakley home. The matter ONLY came to attention when an officer was assigned to investigate Avila’s failure to write more than three dozen police reports. Authorities said his future at the department still remains unclear but he “likely won’t be charged”.

So lets get this clear. He stole evidence, was found with 4 to 5 pounds of Marijuana, failed to file at least 36 police reports, won’t be charged and may still keep his job? Sweet gig.

Via ContraCostaTimes

(Of course, the whole rigamarole could just be avoided by legalization...)

http://www.click2houston.com/news/c...ter-officer-uses-taser-76yearold-man/30233296

TL;DR version: A police officer in Victoria, Texas pulled over a 76-year old man driving a dealer vehicle for expired inspection stickers, despite said vehicles being exempt. When the septegenarian grandfather attempted to explain that and pulled his arm away from being cuffed, he was slammed against the hood of the police cruiser, thrown to the ground, and tasered in the chest. Officer Nathaniel Robinson then tells the freshly electrocuted senior citizen to get up, and when Pete Vasquez failed to rise, he was tasered again. Then he was driven to a local hospital in handcuffs and detained by police.

He wasn't charged with anything.

The Police Chief offered an apology but didn't admit to any wrongdoing. There are now 2 investigations ongoing - the Texas Rangers performing a criminal investigation, and the local police doing an internal investigation on whether or not the officer violated training and force guidelines (the answer is almost certainly yes).

GasBandit

Staff member
He should still probably be completely fired and charged with obstruction of justice EVEN IF Marijuana was a million times legal.
... if it was legal, it never would have been "picked up" for evidence in the first place, and he could get his weed at the dispensary like everybody else.

Any one here about this witness 40 stuff?

Interesting read.

Guys, I think they didn't really try at all.

Just a suspicion.
Yeah, I posted an article about it like 8 posts up.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/unmasking-Ferguson-witness-40-496236

TL;DR - a key witness in Darren Wilson's grand jury hearing, Sandra McElroy (Witness 40), turns out to be a heavily racist bipolar woman with a history of making false statements to police in order to be involved with high-profile cases. Almost all of the details of her statement matched previously published accounts from local newspapers.

I'm waiting until a law enforcement organization sues the state over the law, siting the lost income they can no longer claim from busting people for weed.

Here is an interesting back-and-forth on protesting police use-of-force:

Andrew Hawkings of the Cleveland Browns wore a T-shirt to warm-ups on Sunday which called attention to the two recent shooting cases in Ohio. (Deadspin)

Jeff Follmer, the Police Patrolman Union President, has gone on record demanding an apology:

It's pretty pathetic when athletes think they know the law. They should stick to what they know best on the field. The Cleveland Police protect and serve the Browns stadium and the Browns organization owes us an apology. (newsnet5)​
The Browns have refused this demand. (CBSSports)

And, interestingly enough, Cleveland Police Chief Calvin Williams has issued a statement against the union's demand (TheBigLead) :

It is important to note that the comments made by Mr. Follmer do not represent the views of the Cleveland Division of Police. The Division of Police respects the rights of individuals to peacefully demonstrate their personal views and opinions. Mr. Hawkins was certainly well within his rights to express his views and no apology is necessary.​
Andrew Hawkins' response to the controversy is thoughtful and fairly eloquent:

Cajungal

Staff member
That's incredible. He really said it all. I especially liked the part where he said there's no reason for the many good police officers out there to be offended, because he isn't referring to them. That's what a lot of people are trying to say right now, but there's so much noise that it doesn't get through.

That's incredible. He really said it all. I especially liked the part where he said there's no reason for the many good police officers out there to be offended, because he isn't referring to them. That's what a lot of people are trying to say right now, but there's so much noise that it doesn't get through.
I feel like throwing on my devil's advocate* hat tm

That's an argument that could be stretched the other way. If someone wears a t-shirt saying that all N-words should be arrested and thrown in jail, when pushed, they could say, "Well, I'm only talking about the bad black people, if they aren't N-words, then they shouldn't be offended."**

*The devil's advocate's view does not reflect the opinions, views or beliefs of of the poster wearing the hat.
** I've actually heard this dumbass argument about use of the word.

Necronic

Staff member
Jeff Follmer is gearsimple as hell. That interview he did was shocking, I can't imagine even his own union was happy about what he said.

Yeah one of the Jacksonville Jaguars wore a jersey in practice that said "I Can't Breathe" (referring to Eric Garner). An oft repeated response was "Well if he wanted to breathe he should have obeyed the law"... yeah, because for some people resisting arrest is a perfectly reasonable reason for death.

Yeah one of the Jacksonville Jaguars wore a jersey in practice that said "I Can't Breathe" (referring to Eric Garner). An oft repeated response was "Well if he wanted to breathe he should have obeyed the law"... yeah, because for some people resisting arrest is a perfectly reasonable reason for death.
I'm pretty sure that was Steinman's argument back a ways.

Some police department actually had shirts made up that said "Breathe easy. Obey the law."
What role models they make! I'm certain the citizens will be ever so complicit with police now that they have satirized a tragedy which resulted from a gross misconduct of force on their behalf. /Charlie :p

Whether the police are justified or not - this was done in poor taste.

Blind obedience to authority is seldom a good thing...

004-0207071013-nazi.jpg

Boom, GOODWIN'D!

But for really real, though, for a better example, see the Milgram experiments.

http://www.wkbw.com/news/fired-buffalo-cop-id-do-it-again

Horne and about 10 other officers who arrived at the scene helped drag Mack out of the home. But once outside Horne says Officer Kwiatkowski was out of control.
"Gregory Kwiatkowski turned Neal Mack around and started choking him. So then I'm like, 'Greg! You're choking him,' because I thought whatever happened in the house he was still upset about so when he didn't stop choking him I just grabbed his arm from around Neal Mack's neck," said Horne.

If that choke hold of a handcuffed suspect caught Horne off guard, it didn't prepare her for what she says Kwiatkowski did next.

"He comes up and punches me in the face and I had to have my bridge replaced," said Horne.

When Horne tried to defend herself other officers pulled her back and her shoulder was injured.

Following the incident, Horne was fired and charged with obstruction for "jumping on officer Kwiatkowski's back and/or striking him with her hands."
But officer Kiwatkowski's own words seem to conflict with the charges. In a sworn statement he says, "she never got on top of me."

Nonetheless, Horne lost every appeal and with her 19 year career over, she didn't qualify for a pension.
hahhahahahahahhaha

Officer Kwiatkowski was forced to retire from the police department after he was suspended for choking another officer on the job, and in a separate incident, punching another officer when he was off the clock.
In May 2014, Kwiatowkski and two other officers were indicted on federal civil rights violations against black teen suspects.
I am so surprised

I feel like throwing on my devil's advocate* hat tm

That's an argument that could be stretched the other way. If someone wears a t-shirt saying that all N-words should be arrested and thrown in jail, when pushed, they could say, "Well, I'm only talking about the bad black people, if they aren't N-words, then they shouldn't be offended."**

*The devil's advocate's view does not reflect the opinions, views or beliefs of of the poster wearing the hat.
** I've actually heard this dumbass argument about use of the word.
Even that doesn't work, because 1. the shirt makes no reference to anyone except the victim--it blanket demands justice, and someone speaking against that needs to reassess their priorities, especially if they're in any arm of the judicial branch. 2. that word has never been used to apply to any particular black person; it's any and every. 3. I didn't get into with steinman because his big post that he deleted was leaking garbage from every orifice, but since this is small, I'll get into that singular point with the idiots you've heard this from--to lobby it that way assumes that there is a system of control, its inherent workings being "bad black people" and a lack of consequence/repercussions for the actions that make them "bad". No such thing exists.