[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

Uh, maybe we need the UN now. Explains why Trump was so hell bent on demonizing them.
Especially since the court based its ruling partially on the finding that "disallowing the feds from assaulting press and legal observers will harm the feds, and that the feds are probably correct that journalists and legal observers cannot be exempted from dispersal orders."

Also, RevRibs, dRevolutionRibs, and RiotKitchen206 crews have all been taken into federal custody in Kenosha without being charged with anything, and Jeva/SnackVanTm is there now, expecting to be arrested at any moment.

GasBandit

Staff member
Apologies if this has been posted already, but here's the Sheriff of Kenosha County, in 2018, advocating building concentration camps.

The amount of support, just rabid, outright blind support that I've seen for this kid in the last 48 hours has finally hammered the point home. This isn't a protest. This isn't a civil rights movement. This is the years-long, cold civil war finally going hot. And one side, through many, many words and actions, has deemed themselves to be fascist. And my side has declared itself to be antifascist and to stand against them no matter the cost. I'm sorry that the country has come to this, but the answer to the demand for an end to police brutality and racial disparity has been more brutality, more overreach, more federal interference, hate speech, nooses, threats, and killings.

If you're going to go out to protest, be prepared. Wear body armor - for impact rounds at least. If your city is currently experiencing lethal attacks, wear ballistic armor. Buy an IFAK and learn how to use every item in it. Find a cheap but reputable source and buy extras for medics. Buy extra tourniquets. Buy extra pressure dressings. Buy Hyfin chest seals and learn how to use them. Get brushed up on your CPR skills. Everyone should already be wearing masks because of covid, but definitely wear a mask to a protest so the cops can't ID you as easily. Just remember that they WILL pull your mask down and mace you right in the face just for shits and giggles.

My first set of helmets has finally arrived (things escalated so quickly that I bought non-ballistic helmets and while waiting for them to come in, had to order "used" NATO Kevlar helmets which are due in next week), so tonight or tomorrow I'll grab all of my gear and throw it on for pics, then go through and list it all out (probably tonight because I've had three bottles of Bai and I'm feeling a little jittery).

The amount of support, just rabid, outright blind support that I've seen for this kid in the last 48 hours
Most still parrot the "fact" that someone threw a molotov at him, even in a thread where they posted a HD video that clearly showed it couldn't have been one (since glass full of inflammable liquid doesn't bounce off back and into concrete without making a sound or any flames), and then they never edit their original post even if they then admit it wasn't a molotov later.

Well, I guess for some reason my phone just refuses to capture photos of my gear. Literally took it all out, laid it out on a table, took pictures from multiple angles, my new Pixel 4 didn't save a single one of them OR upload them to my drive. No idea what the hell happened. Regardless, here's a list:

Underlayer:
  • Hip and tailbone pads - I have a set of shorts, Aislynn has a full pair of padded football pants.
  • Athletic cup and supporter if you have a penis - the cops have been firing on people's groins this entire time. I know three people who've been shot in the nuts. Wear your cup.
  • Knee support wraps - the kind with the hole for your kneecap and three straps to hold it in place.
  • Shin guards - preferably the hard plastic kind
  • Elbow sleeves - preferably with some padding over the elbow.
  • Mouthguard - you don't want to be spitting chicklets at the cops.
  • Ear plugs - the high the NRR the better. I have a set of silicone plugs that have a 32dB NRR, this is equivalent to shooters' ear protection. LRAD devices can create sound at up to 180dB.
  • Bracers for your forearms - cops love to hit forearms, especially if you're holding a shield or a staff.
Overlayer, Impact:
  • Helmet - this can be anything relatively secure. Bike helmets, motorcycle helmets, airsoft helmets, riot helmets, even hard hats, as long as they strap down tight.
  • Shoulder pads - I prefer football pads because I lead with my shoulder a lot, but there are also lacrosse pads, hockey pads, biker armor, stout leather clothing, and derby gear.
  • Chest protector - Along the same lines as the shoulder pads.
  • Knee pads - the hard plastic kind.
  • Elbow pads - see above.
  • Gloves - you want good fitting gloves that offer protection from the elements and from people trying to break your fingers. I picked mechanics gloves because they're a good all-around glove and offer cut resistance, some heat resistance, padding in the palms, and armor for your finger bones. These are not, however, heat resistant enough to be lobbing gas canisters back at the cops unless you're very quick about it. For that, you generally want welding gauntlets.
  • Wrist protection - even though your gloves should add some padding to your palms, you're going to be wearing a good bit of weight and don't want to break your wrist coming down on it wrong, so get yourself some hard plastic, strap-on wrist braces to go over your gloves.
  • Sturdy boots, steel toed if possible - these will keep you from getting your feet trampled, and can give you that extra little bit of oomph if you need to make someone stop hurting you.
  • Mask - if you're going into an area with a lot of gas, you're going to want a gas mask. This counts for smoke too. I'll do a munitions thread in a bit to explain just exactly why smoke and gas are so bad, and why smoke is no safer than gas. Personally, I have two masks. One for gas - it's a Moldex 9000 w/ Organic Vapor cartridges - and one for looking sinister - it's a hard poly face shield with welder's goggles built in.
  • Neck armor - you're going to want something to protect your neck from slashing weapons and ricocheting munitions. You can look for a hard gorget (and good luck with that) or you can do what everyone else does, and settle for a dashiki draped around your throat in several layers.
  • Long sleeved shirt.
  • A turtleneck really wouldn't hurt.
  • Long pants.
  • Long socks.
Overlayer, Ballistic:
  • Helmet - this needs to be Kevlar or equivalent.
  • Body Armor - this comes in multiple levels. If you're going to be on the front lines, you want Level IIIs at least - I have an Italian made set of composite plates that conform to NATO Level IV ceramics, Aislynn has Hungarian Level IV Ceramic plates. These plates need to go in something - like a plate carrier. You can get plate carriers damn near anywhere these days because airsoft enthusiasts love them, because everyone shoots back. Levels are as follows:
    • Level IIa - tested to stop 9mm and .40 S&W from short barrel handguns.
    • Level II - tested to stop 9mm and .357 Magnum ammo from short barrel handguns.
    • Level IIIa - tested to stop .357 SIG and .44 Magnum ammo from longer barrel handguns.
    • Level III - tested to stop 7.62mm FMJ lead core rifle rounds.
    • Level IV - tested to stop .30cal steel core armor piercing rifle rounds.
  • Mask - your masks should have ballistic rated lenses/face coverings. This is more common that you may think, however, since most industrial applications are aimed at industries with high speed flying objects.
Plate carriers are NOT the only way to get ballistic armor, however. There's also the milsurp market. Sportsmansguide.com and other sites sell used/surplus military armor from around the world. That's how I have Italian plates and Ais has Hungarian plates. For less than the price of two sets of JUST Level IIIa plates from Spartan or DFNDER, we were able to pick up an Italian surplus vest and a Hungarian surplus vest. The vests themselves are rated to level IIIa protection, and have gorgets for neck protection, with pouches for plates for extra protection. Theoretically, I could rock up without any of my plates in and still have IIIa protection, but if you just have a carrier, you have NO protection. Plus, if you show your carrier off, you will be made a target, so if you're going to wear a carrier, wear plates in it.

Also of note about armor plates and vests - they don't like to be soaked with mace/sweat/rain. Wrap your plates in plastic wrap and wear a plastic rain poncho over your full outfit if you can. This will also help cut down on bruising from impact rounds.

You will want to be covered from head to toe in clothing. Wear loose fitting, long sleeved shirts and pants.

Brief break in the gear and munitions threads for this breaking news - a reporter in Seattle has received credible intel that hundreds of right-wing militiamen are coming to Seattle this weekend to kill protesters. So far the city council, the FBI, the SPD, King5, and the Mayor's office have all turned him away and refused to even look at the data. He is begging anyone in a position of authority to take this information because he doesn't want to see Seattle become the next Kenosha, but the news staff actually literally laughed him out of the building. They are now calling the cops to come arrest him for trespassing.

And another break in the munitions thread for this breaking news - we have alt-right militia on site in Portland at the KGW headquarters. Counter protesters are on site and we are attempting to mobilize our mutual aid networks.

Alright - time for some tough talk about munitions. The government is using everything and anything in its arsenal except (so far) live lethal rounds. The alt-right militias are using live, lethal rounds. I still don't really know much about firearm ammo, so I'm going to leave that to individuals to research online. Check our guns thread first and go from there.

Munitions:
  • Hand-to-hand. We've seen metal asps, police batons, broom handles, punching, kicking, hair pulling, grappling, brawling, street-fighting, and jumping on people. Two nights ago feds jump-curb-stomped people's legs and broke at least on person's leg - tib and fib.
  • Impact - this is very different from being hit by a baton. This is being shot by a baton.
    • Pepperballs - like paint balls, but half full of pepper powder or pepper gel. They hurt when they hit you, because they're meant to be shot at the ground and then disperse their payload when they break apart. Cops are firing them directly at people's heads, eyes, hands, and genitals.
    • Pepperdivets - these are outdated, haven't been manufactured in decades rounds that look like small red golf balls, but are entirely made of powdered pepper and other less-active ingredients. These shouldn't be used AT ALL anymore because they're so old, but our opponents are trying to get on the scoreboard for crimes against humanity.
    • Plastic training rounds - Yeah. Training rounds. These are for target practice against metal targets for sighting in a paintball gun. They're being used on people instead. They're solid plastic, of a density high enough to dent metal targets. They cause massive welts, they will break the skin, and they can break small bones. A PDX videographer nearly lost his finger after being shot with one for the crime of taking video of a canister that the cops had shot at him.
    • Baton rounds - these are 37mm or 40mm rounds that are blunt on the receiving end. They come in many, many flavors.
      • Blunt - these are blunt plastic rounds that are just meant to hurt like fuck and get you to comply. Impact armor defeats them.
      • Marking rounds - these are usually foam tipped, but the foam has a density higher than most plastics, and come in a number of colors. The marker does NOT wash out and can be used for weeks by your enemies to track you. This is why it's important to have a plastic poncho to wear over everything. It's disposable.
      • Pepper batons - the tips on these are hard plastic shells full of pepper gas, meant to hit you and dispense pepper directly into your face.
      • OC batons - the grown up version of pepper batons, these are actual OC (oleoresin capsaicin) as opposed to Pepper Brand pepper products. The main difference is the concentration of the chemical active ingredient. OC batons have been coming in anywhere from 40% to 80% concentration, while Pepper brand sticks to like... 10%.
    • Rubber balls - these are like rubber bullets, but can be shot from a paintball gun.
    • Rubber Bullets - these come in a couple of flavors, but the ones they use in PDX are several layers of very hard rubber wrapped around a steel bullet core. They're meant to be shot at the ground and then ricochet up at a lower velocity and hit legs. They're being shot at people's heads, eyes, torsos, and legs. Getting hit in the forehead with one of these will tend to cause open sinus cavity fractures above your eye - like what happened to Donovan La Bella and a few other people.
  • Grenades - these can be hand thrown or launched from a 37mm or 40mm launcher. Single deployment is the kind of grenade most people think about when you hear "grenade," you pull the pin and throw it, it goes off, you're done. Triple chasers are grenades that have multiple chambers but one pin. You pull the pin and throw the grenade and then each chamber (of three) has its own propellant, so the grenade fractures apart on landing and three individual canisters fly off at random angles (hence the chaser) and disperse gas both along the way and when they land.
    • Pepper gas - made with Pepper brand pepper spray, these grenades come in single deployment or triple chaser variety.
    • SAF-SMOK - this is your typical police/military smoke grenade. It comes in multiple colors. It is not, at all, safe for humans or animals. The chemicals used by SAF-SMOK grenades to produce smoke are highly toxic, and sometimes include heavy metals. When the grenades expire (beyond their shelf-life) the chemicals break down even further and have a tendency not to produce smoke, but to produce cyanide gas. SAF-SMOK grenades are actually more harmful to you than tear gas grenades. Don't stand in the SMOK.
    • Smudge pots - these are usually ground-set items more akin to a bucket of citronella candle than a grenade, but they're used to put off thick, black, obscuring smoke to fill a large area - like an intersection - with smoke to conceal troop movements or to clear territory for an advance.
    • OC gas - Tear gas. This is what is commonly referred to as tear gas. It's mace, in gas form. You cry, you can't keep your eyes open. It sucks. Gas masks prevent it really well.
    • CS grenades - CS gas is more than just tear gas, it also causes burning to the mucus membranes of the mouth, nose, and throat, resulting in coughing as well as the inability to keep one's eyes open.We frequently hear that the cops won't be using tear gas anymore, ONLY CS. Yeah. Only.
    • DM candles - These aren't really grenades either, but they help make grenades more effective. DM, also known as adamsite, is a vomit inducer. Gas masks cannot defend against it. It's usually a sickly greenish yellow color. For these candles they tend to set them up and spray water or OC spray across them, producing large clouds of DM gas. If you start to feel the need to vomit you MUST get out of the cloud and you MUST remove your gas mask. You will throw up if you come into contact with DM.
    • DM grenades - single shot only and aerosol dispensed rather than heat based, this does the same thing as above. If you see references to yellow or green gas, it's because we're warning people around DM clouds.
    • Flash bangs - They do what the label says. They make a bright flash and a loud bang. Eventually you won't even flinch when you hear one go off.
    • Nine-Bangers - Like a flash bang but they have up to nine bangs and they go off at set intervals depending upon the brand or buyer's choice.
    • Stinger Grenades - these are grenades filled with rubber coated lead balls. They're frag grenades for crowd control. The hand thrown variety tends to look like a big, fat, black, rubber hand grenade. The launched version looks like a pipe and is full of the damn things. One of these exploded on a person's shoulder last month and she's now deaf in her left ear, permanently.
  • Sprays - whether they come in a little canister on your belt, a fire extinguisher looking device, a backpack sprayer, or that god damn industrial fogger that the Turks really didn't mean for use on humans, sprays are effective and dangerous weapons as well. Mace is kind of ouchy. I have several containers of Sabre's top of the line civilian issue stuff and I'd rate it somewhere between a two and three on the Chinese American food scale. Bear mace is hell. One of our reporters in PDX lost feeling of her face and head on Saturday because she got a stream of bear mace directly into her ear. You could hear the terror in her voice.

Munitions.png

Here is a photo of some of the munitions that are being used in Portland. These have been collected by one of our local scientists, who is tracking down SDS data for as many of them as they can.

The investigator insisted on taking the youngest child from Curry's lap and, without permission, began to undress her. In the presence of the male deputy, the investigator proceeded to undress each child, male and female, down to the genitals (removing the diapers of the two youngest). Curry tried to object, but she knew she was powerless to stop the investigator from doing full-body inspections.
The last to be undressed was her 4-year-old son, taught by his pediatrician that he should never let a stranger take his clothes off without his mom's okay. But when the boy tried to make eye contact with Curry, the investigator stood directly in his line of sight, leaving him helpless. Then the investigator pointed to the deputy and said, "Show that cop your muscles!" The little boy removed his shirt and flexed his biceps as ordered. The investigator and deputy began laughing while the investigator started to pull down his pants. When the little boy finally was able to look back at his mother, she was holding back tears. The little boy's face registered shame and fear.

The alt-right militias are using live, lethal rounds. I still don't really know much about firearm ammo, so I'm going to leave that to individuals to research online.
The biggest risk is that, while LEO ammunition may be standardized, there’s no telling what you might face from an independent.

Most LEO ammo is jacketed/bonded hollow point, subsonic (<1000 feet/305m per second) rounds ranging in weight 125-180grains (8-12grams, or about 1/3oz) that are 9-10mm/0.33-0.4in in diameter. That might sound like a wide range, but really the difference between 9mm, 38spl, 40S&W, and even 357mag duty rounds isn’t going to be as large from 30yds/25m away. If you look at the plate descriptions above, they’re even grouped together under “Level II/IIa.” And while many police are also sent into the field with shotguns, it’s a lot harder to justify using them in a crowd situation, plus it’s a lot harder to explain why you were carrying one in the first place OR why you ran all the way back to your vehicle to get it and then came back if you truly were “fearing for your safety.”

Vigilantes, however, could literally be carrying just about anything. And not just in calibers other than listed above, but also hand-loaded or high-performance ammo with higher velocity or heavier weight bullets that a LEO would not even be allowed to carry. Plus there’s the matter of whether they are actually trained in the use of their weapon(s). That unpredictability means that it’s hard to prepare a defense, since you have no idea whether you can stop whatever they’re packing with 1/4in/7mm of plywood or whether even a cast-iron pan would not be enough, or whether they are going to have the discipline/skill to prevent unnecessary discharge and/or death.

—Patrick

The biggest risk is that, while LEO ammunition may be standardized, there’s no telling what you might face from an independent.

Most LEO ammo is jacketed/bonded hollow point, subsonic (<1000 feet/305m per second) rounds ranging in weight 125-180grains (8-12grams, or about 1/3oz) that are 9-10mm/0.33-0.4in in diameter. That might sound like a wide range, but really the difference between 9mm, 38spl, 40S&W, and even 357mag duty rounds isn’t going to be as large from 30yds/25m away. If you look at the plate descriptions above, they’re all grouped together under “Level II/IIa.” And while most police are also sent into the field with shotguns, it’s a lot harder to justify using them in a crowd situation, plus it’s a lot harder to explain why you were carrying one in the first place OR why you ran all the way back to your vehicle and then came back if you truly were “fearing for your safety.”

—Patrick
The shotgun info is interesting, because I always thought it would be considered excruciatingly bad form to use a shotgun in modern crowd control and even warfare situations, given just how much damage shotguns can do; but every time the riot cops or feds come out, they're armed with a mixture of lethal and non-lethal arms, and every time there are at least five officers with bullpup shotguns and they're more than happy to aim them right at your head if you don't shut up. Haven't seen any with "combat shotguns," as the gamers call them, but they love their bullpups and their assault rifles (I don't know what the cops are carrying, but BORTAC tends to carry modern military issue rifles).

Also, we've already had medics taking shotgun pellets to the back from chuds driving by. We call our alt-right agitators chuds in Portland, after the B movie of the same name. In the first case, it was bird shot and wasn't enough to penetrate his flak jacket, but next time might not be.

Gared, I ain't got much, but if you folks have somewhere I could drop a sawbuck or two . . . .
Right now, the best place to drop a buck or two is to our medical supplier. Every dollar is a dollar toward an IFAK, a full EMS trauma bag, or a chest seal. Cashapp is $ComradeBean and Venmo is Pinto-TheBean. And thank you.

Oh, and I forgot to post what I was actually coming here to post. Kyle skipped court this morning, so the judge agreed to extend the hearing date by a month, no questions asked, no bail revoked, no bounty hunters necessary, just - try again in a month, sorry you couldn't make it, have a nice weekend.

Oh, and I forgot to post what I was actually coming here to post. Kyle skipped court this morning, so the judge agreed to extend the hearing date by a month, no questions asked, no bail revoked, no bounty hunters necessary, just - try again in a month, sorry you couldn't make it, have a nice weekend.
Word is that this info was doctored.

He's...he's not in jail anymore?

It seems to have been arranged over the phone via an attorney with the judge.
Ok - if this were any other case, that would be totally normal and I wouldn't think twice about it. Seriously, attorneys reschedule hearings ALL THE TIME. But Jacob Blake is handcuffed to his hospital bed. This is going to ENRAGE people even with the correct information. But it is good to know that this was an official rescheduling.

Enough time to get the Medal of Freedom

I have no idea where this is going, but I just watched camo-clad Denver PD officers push protesters through the street to the entrance of a parking lot that the Proud Boys just showed up at and occupied, while said Piss Boys are openly carrying. The piss boys are now straining at their leashes trying to get to the protesters to fight with them.

Portland had a drive-by shooting by a chud who fired seven rounds from his 9mm into the air and sped off into the night, and an unsuccessful car attack to go with its dozens of arrests and riot declaration because some plywood was a little scorched.