[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

I still love the Scream series. I appreciate that it mimics the trends of modern day horror/slashers with each film, staying relevant but also playing with the tropes.

figmentPez

Staff member
SHAZAM! Fury of the Gods trailer 2

Warning! This trailer looks like it gives away a lot of the plot. I know that's the norm for trailers these days, but this one seems to go a lot further than most.

SHAZAM! Fury of the Gods trailer 2

Warning! This trailer looks like it gives away a lot of the plot. I know that's the norm for trailers these days, but this one seems to go a lot further than most.

Saves me $12. Although I wasn't planning on watching it until it was streaming. I'm genuinely surprised it didn't give away a Black Adam* cameo.

*I don't know if they're going to have Black Adam have any interactions with Shazam/Captain Marvel. This was purely speculation. They gave away everything else in the trailer, so I was more surprised it didn't happen.

GasBandit

Staff member
Saves me $12. Although I wasn't planning on watching it until it was streaming. I'm genuinely surprised it didn't give away a Black Adam* cameo.

*I don't know if they're going to have Black Adam have any interactions with Shazam/Captain Marvel. This was purely speculation. They gave away everything else in the trailer, so I was more surprised it didn't happen.
Apparently Black Adam's off the table TFN (obfuscated behind studio "not right now, maybe later" verbiage).

I heard that Johnson's ego didn't like the idea of him being a villain, and ultimately losing a comic book movie fight. He's the reason that Black Adam got separated out from Shazam and he was (still is?) the main obstacle keeping the characters apart.

But then again this was all rumor mill stuff from news articles, so take it with a grain of salt.

GasBandit

Staff member
I heard that Johnson's ego didn't like the idea of him being a villain, and ultimately losing a comic book movie fight. He's the reason that Black Adam got separated out from Shazam and he was (still is?) the main obstacle keeping the characters apart.

But then again this was all rumor mill stuff from news articles, so take it with a grain of salt.
I, too, have heard from other sources that Johnson literally has it written into any contract for any movie he stars in that his character cannot lose a physical fight on camera.

But from what I've heard his sidelining in the DCU has come more to a degree from Black Adam's poor box office performance (which sounds to me like hollywood accounting, tbh - it made well over 100m more than its production budget, and most of the movie's marketing was Johnson's twitter account), but moreso because of office politics - apparently Johnson went above some people's heads or circumvented them altogether trying to pitch projects, and wanting producer credit for things he wasn't really being a "producer" for.

I feel like this is an ongoing problem with a lot of Dreamworks* films, although Disney has come close to crossing that line lately: to draw in adult audiences, they worry about casting a well-known actor over an actor who's voice might blend in better with the character. Or they give too many of the actor's characteristics to the character, rather than have them develop their own. Occasionally it works out, like Robin Williams as the Genie. Or in the case of Despicable Me or Shrek, Steve Carrell and Mike Meyers were able to create a new character, different from their own schtick. This might be going into Shark Tale territory, which.... yeesh.

*To me, Dreamwork's strongest films to date are their Dragon series, where they used a mix of A-list and B-list actors, but really made them get into character, not the other way around.

Reactions: Far
I did, calling is worth it, texting, unless something comes of it later isn't so far, even if when you call it also tells you to text.

Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
So apparently the actress that voices the lady in that Mario commercial is the same actress who voiced Princess Toadstool in the Super Mario Bros Super Show.

I haven’t looked yet, but the voice is very familiar.

—Patrick
I've tried looking up more recent roles she's done to see if I can match the voice. Right now it's a possibility but I can't confirm its her through the voice alone. It would be a nice touch though. I'm sure it will be revealed soon so that the correct actress can get the credit.