[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
You mean like the studios are pandering to a bunch of people my age who grew up during the 80's and are pining for a return to a simpler time and now have a lot of disposable inco-OHhhhhhhh
Play that movie, I want you to smile
Shut out all the worries, stream away for a while
The look you had in your eyes back then
We'll pretend it's '85 again

Play that tape, make me feel like I'm home
Take me back again to see the look of that chrome
The power of love is back on the screen
And we'll have '85 again.

That Ghostbusters trailer looks all wrong. They got the car completely wrong (it's supposed to be a 1929 Whippet!), no talking skull phone, no pink bat, and not a single hint of a gorilla.

Some day, the REAL Ghostbusters will get some respect.

Dave

Staff member
I had no want or need to see anymore Marvel movies...but this looks actually decent. And it's not a "world threatening" thing.

Extra points for incorporating Rachmaninoff.

I did not reverse the trailer to find out what is in the backmasked speech, though.

--Patrick

Making me feel old!

This actually reminded me of an info-graph that Mark Hamil in TFA is actually older (64) then Alec Guinness when he was in the original Star Wars. (63) and that kind of blew my mind a little.

"From the writers, producers, and director of Searching."

FUCKING SOLD. If the trailer had led with that, I wouldn't have even needed to watch it.

Dave

Staff member
Wow! I had no idea of his history. I only knew him as a performer. This one might be worth a watch even if I despise Jesse Eisenberg.

figmentPez

Staff member
I hate this trailer.

This is every cliche I hate about parenting, generation gaps, technology, etc. I want this movie to die in a fire.

3D models and somesort of 2D eyes? Weird but interesting.
Story is nothing new. A typical father can't deal with his kids grow up story. But it would be interesting to see a wholesome animated movie again. And then the trailer reached the midpoint and lost me with the robot bullshit.

Also the daughter was born around 2000-2002. Why is the dad written like a dad from the 80s?

Man, this trailer feels like somebody took the National Lampoon's Vacation movies, the plot of both Goofy Movies and accidently put some of the Will Smith I Robot movie into the script. (or the one Futurama episode)

somebody took the National Lampoon's Vacation movies, the plot of both Goofy Movies and accidently put some of the Will Smith I Robot movie into the script. (or the one Futurama episode)
Glad I’m not the only one that got a Griswold vibe.

—Patrick

Also the daughter was born around 2000-2002. Why is the dad written like a dad from the 80s?
Because millennials.

And I say that as one of them. But this to me looks like millennials failing to grasp that times change.

Their idea of a parent is the boomer generation of parents they grew up with, but their idea of a kid is generation z. (That gen z kids actually typically have gen x or older millennial parents doesn't occur to them.)

I was kind of into the idea until the sudden twist with robots suddenly came in. It's like it's a trailer for two entirely different movies. But...I don't know. My intuition is saying this might be a surprise fun movie.