[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Dave

Staff member
The basic plot does seem to be the same, but they've taken the characters (other than 5) in what looks to be very different directions.

I am going to give them a LOT of leeway based on how much I loved the first one. The fact that Hazel is in it makes it that much better.

I am absolutely not going to a movie theater, but I really want to see Bill & Ted. But do I want to pay $25 for it. Hmmmmmmmmm. (No, I'm not going to sail the seven seas, so don't even)

I am absolutely not going to a movie theater, but I really want to see Bill & Ted. But do I want to pay $25 for it. Hmmmmmmmmm. (No, I'm not going to sail the seven seas, so don't even)
My $.02: I saw Bogus Journey opening night, and every time I go to the movies with the family I pay around $60. $25 is a steal to watch it and not miss a chunk because I insist on drinking 32 oz of Diet Pepsi in the first 30 minutes..

You either die a vampire, or you live long enough to see yourself become the bat...man.
:rimshot:

Aaaaaaannnnnyyyway, is there is reason DC is blowing it's wad on trailers today? Besides the bad news with its comics lately.

I introduced my daughter to both Excellent Adventure and Bogus Journey this weekend and she absolutely loved them. If Face The Music is just as fun, inventive and emotionally sweet as the originals than I know it will be worth the $25 to watch it with her.

I hate myself for this unintentional pun, but I found Dune a very dry read. Interesting ideas, but Tolkien levels of almost unnecessary explanation. But honestly, worth a read.

figmentPez

Staff member
It makes me want to read Dune.

Should I read Dune?
What @Celt Z said, plus it's dated. But it's dated in a way that's still influencing modern nerd culture. For instance, one of the repeated lines in the book is "fear is the mind killer" and this philosophy still gets echoed heavily in nerd attitudes and in modern media, but I find it to be an ignorant understanding of psychology and not reflective of what modern science knows to be true of the human mind.

It makes me want to read Dune.

Should I read Dune?
Not until after teh film.

Made teh 1st LOTR much more enjoyable seeing it before reading the books.

For instance, one of the repeated lines in the book is "fear is the mind killer" and this philosophy still gets echoed heavily in nerd attitudes and in modern media, but I find it to be an ignorant understanding of psychology and not reflective of what modern science knows to be true of the human mind.
Well it more about not panicking, and i doubt that modern science thinks panicking is good for getting out of dangerous situation.

But of course it also a damn mantra to trick yourself into doing something, used by an organization that plays games with human lives for eugenic reasons and world domination, so... i don't know if you're supposed to take their values as a good thing.

Hell, the way the whole thing turns out is more of a warning against deifying out leaders and tryng to conmtrol the masses like that. Maybe it's not as apparent in the 1st book, but the 2nd tries to make sure it hits you over the face with it, just in case you missed it the 1st time.