[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

I don't think so; this made me laugh.
Fantastic Mr Fox, The Royal Tenenbaums, and Rushmore are all very funny, IMO. The rest of his of decent too. I think this looks funny. I'll definitely watch it. However, I think they are going to smack us over the head with a message, which I am not necessarily too excited about.

Fantastic Mr Fox, The Royal Tenenbaums, and Rushmore are all very funny, IMO. The rest of his of decent too. I think this looks funny. I'll definitely watch it. However, I think they are going to smack us over the head with a message, which I am not necessarily too excited about.

Add The Grand Budapest Hotel and to some extent Moonrise Kingdom to that. GBH is my current favourite movie and has been since it came out. It's my "I don't know what to watch, I'll just watch this again." movie cause I know I'll laugh everytime.

Also excited for Jojo Rabbit, even if it really looks like a parody of Wes Anderson movies(as much as I love them, they are very mockable.), cause Taika is hilarious.

As much as I really enjoyed the first, I'm not digging the new Zombieland trailer at all.

Last edited:
I've seen TRT, Rushmore, tried to watch FMF, and saw... another one I'm forgetting right now. I think he gets great casts and I love his use of music, but I don't think a single film actually made me laugh out loud at any point.

Guys, I can't get over how much I hate that Picard trailer and how much I would pay to beat up Alex Kurtzman.
I’m curious to know why.

I am the most casual Star Trek fan one can be, so while I enjoyed TNG when it was on I never got super invested in Star Trek as a whole. For me, the trailer seemed okay. But I would like to see it from a more hardcore fan’s perspective.

I’m curious to know why.

I am the most casual Star Trek fan one can be, so while I enjoyed TNG when it was on I never got super invested in Star Trek as a whole. For me, the trailer seemed okay. But I would like to see it from a more hardcore fan’s perspective.
While I can't speak for @Frank one of the major things that missed me off about the trailer was the appearance of Data at the end. Not because Data is a bad character - Measure of a man was a Data centric episode which was the first truly great episode of TNG, one of the best episodes of not only TNG but of Star Trek as a whole, and arguably one of the greatest episodes of any TV show.

Unfortunately Data's story was told. It was resolved. And yes Nemesis was a terrible movie & the way Data was killed off in that movie didn't make sense...but he died. He chose to sacrifice himself for what he saw as the greater good, and to undo that just because you want to bring back a popular character I feel is insulting to the character.

Of course if it turns out this isn't Data - if it's b4 or a hallucination Picard is having then ignore this. Although it still doesn't fix the problem that Data is an immortal unchanging Android who doesn't age and Brent Spiner is not.

Last edited:
Just so long as we admit this is definitely not the first time Star Trek has had a character make a heroic sacrifice, only to be brought back later.
Yeah I'll happily admit they've done it before. But just because a bad idea has been done before (and maybe even done well) does not mean it is not a bad idea.

Anybody read the TNG novels since Nemesis? Or played Star Trek Online and read Path to 2409? Read the Star Trek - Countdown comics from 2009? This has been a "thing" the fandom and various writers have had fights about since 2009.

I'm honestly more surprised that Brent Spiner took the money.

Last edited:
While I can't speak for @Frank one of the major things that missed me off about the trailer was the appearance of Data at the end. Not because Data is a bad character - Measure of a man was a Data centric episode which was the first truly great episode of TNG, one of the best episodes of not only TNG but of Star Trek as a whole, and arguably one of the greatest episodes of any TV show.

Unfortunately Data's story was told. It was resolved. And yes Nemesis was a terrible movie & the way Data was killed off in that movie didn't make sense...but he died. He chose to sacrifice himself for what he saw as the greater good, and to undo that just because you want to bring back a popular character I feel is insulting to the character.

Of course if it turns out this isn't Data - if it's b4 or a hallucination Picard is having then ignore this. Although it still doesn't fix the problem that Data is an immortal unchanging Android who doesn't age and Brent Spiner is not.
So would you say we're over our Data limit?

I will show myself out, thank you.

I’m curious to know why.

Honestly, it's the horseshit Alex Kurtzman, "SHE'S THE KEY TO ALL OF THIS THE END OF THE UNIVERSE ONLY ONE PERSON" bullshit that permeates this trailer full of laser fights and karate kicks.

JJ Abbrams and his entire cadre of talentless hack writer friends are the worst thing that has ever happened to the big and small screen.

Honestly, it's the horseshit Alex Kurtzman, "SHE'S THE KEY TO ALL OF THIS THE END OF THE UNIVERSE ONLY ONE PERSON" bullshit that permeates this trailer full of laser fights and karate kicks.

JJ Abbrams and his entire cadre of talentless hack writer friends are the worst thing that has ever happened to the big and small screen.
I didn’t know Kurtzman was the main force behind this. Yuck. The majority of his career is shit. That certainly does not bode well.

One theory I actually liked was that it was simply holodeck. And then there was a joke about how around the table were also Newton, Einstein, and Hawking.

Honestly, holodeck would be OK. It's his "journal" or "sounding board" for himself. Somewhat still messed up mentally perhaps, but wouldn't spoil it entirely IMO.

That one small stinger in the trailer isn't enough to say that data is alive again, especially when they show his corpse in the same trailer. I would guess that is either b4 with data's memories or a holodeck program.

As for Data aging, I distinctly remember it being mentioned in the series that the Noonien androids were designed to age in appearance to make them as close to human as possible.

figmentPez

Staff member
This movie looks terrible, but I found the trailer unintentionally hilarious!

"I was born to be a race car driver...." says the dog narrating the movie!

But the final line:
"I just hoped it would look like me."

Did.... did the dog? Oh no, what kind of movie is this?

figmentPez

Staff member
"Blinded by the Light" has caught my attention. A coming of age movie about a British-Pakastani teen growing up in the UK, with a Bruce Springsteen soundtrack? I'm in.

This movie looks terrible, but I found the trailer unintentionally hilarious!

"I was born to be a race car driver...." says the dog narrating the movie!

But the final line:
"I just hoped it would look like me."

Did.... did the dog? Oh no, what kind of movie is this?
It looks so bad, but I'm so confused why Kevin Costner is doing a bad imitation of Paul Newman/Doc Hudson. I know it's a movie involving cars and racing, but....why, dude?

"Blinded by the Light" has caught my attention. A coming of age movie about a British-Pakastani teen growing up in the UK, with a Bruce Springsteen soundtrack? I'm in.
I think it looks fun. I've been a fan of a number of Gurinder Chadha's movies, so I'm looking forward to it. I'm also shocked it got made because Bruce is famous for being very particular about who, how, and when people can use his music.

I can't remember if I mentioned it, but when I saw this trailer before Yesterday, I said to my friend, "Oh, he is going to be SO disappointed when he gets to Freehold.".

It sounds like Cousin Itt is saying, "Rugged baby bubby bumpers baby baby back in play."
Also I'm not seeing the magic of the Astin or Julia versions. Maybe it will have its own magic.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
This was written by Shia LaBeouf and is basically a biopic about his growing up a child star. Looks amazing.

Reactions: Far