I was going to avoid the trailer since the movie releases in less than two months, but I caved and I'm SO SO HAPPY!
Taking stuff from the kids side of the book but didn't do in the kids side movie: really damn smart.
Having the adult Losers trying to save kids in Derry instead of coming in at the ass-end of Pennywise's latest feasting: REALLY DAMN SMART.
Those are some excellent choices, moviemakers! I'm really excited; it looks great. I don't even mind they're doing the book's climax. They might even pull it off! I can't wait !
There are 5 basic tweaks that could improve that horrible Cats CGI immensely.
1) For fuck's sake, get rid of the human noses. You're doing CGI, put a fucking cat nose on there. Broad bump for a bridge and wide flat inverted triangle for the bottom.
2) Related: split cat lips. There's a reason cat emojis are :3 not :] Even the fucking Wizard of Oz in 1939 gave the cowardly lion a split lip prosthetic.
3) Big Expressive Cat Eyes, not beady-ass little human eyes. District 9 managed to do one as part of Wikus' transformation. It's big and conveys emotions as well as the human eye. https://pa1.narvii.com/5876/1ca8313fb5dc20eba29d4380c710c63cdf13874e_hq.gif
4) What the fuck is up with the creepy-ass human hands? No attempt at paws or claws, just regular-ass human hands. Look at Puss in Boots: little stubby paw hands that are still capable of manipulating stuff, but look like cat paws, not human hands. https://occ-0-1722-1723.1.nflxso.net/art/0c131/6b695c28e43c291c5bc38f8de5767d9e3c00c131.jpg
5) Apparently no one making this knows how large or heavy cats are, because the cats appear to be like 5 inches tall and move like they're in moon gravity.
My best friend, who is a designer by trade, was flabbergasted at how they digitally removed the ears of the actors by shrinking the heads inwards. He was mad at everyone involved for not actually looking at a cat.
This trailer for season 5 of Supergirl can fuck right off. It makes me not want to watch the show anymore.
Wah! People using their phones means they aren't connected to people anymore! They're not communicating, they're just staring at their screens! Technology is evil! People are being brainwashed by screens!
Fantastic Mr Fox, The Royal Tenenbaums, and Rushmore are all very funny, IMO. The rest of his of decent too. I think this looks funny. I'll definitely watch it. However, I think they are going to smack us over the head with a message, which I am not necessarily too excited about.