[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Yeah, the new Hellboy isn't doing it for me, either. The new trailer IS better, but I'm still not feeling it.

As far as Dark Phoenix, it's weird that of all the X-Men movies to remake, they go with X3: The Last Stand.

The ONLY saving grace in that movie was Kelsey Grammer as Beast. Which made his cameo at the end of DofP even better. I nerded out so hard for that.
It's one of those bits of casting that are completely dead-on, but the shame is that is had to be in the worst movie.

As far as I’m concerned, there are only 6 movies in the X-Men universe:

X-Men
X-Men 2
X-Men: First Class
X-Men: Days of Future Past
The Wolverine
Deadpool

Everything else was crap. This new one looks like shit too.

No Logan?
I did not enjoy it. I couldn’t tell you exactly why, except a vague sense of feeling too grim to fit in with all the other movies. It felt like an unearned tonal shift. Also, I’ve never liked Wolverine that much as a solo character, so I only begrudgingly put The Wolverine in that list. It was good enough to overcome my own personal distaste for the character’s solo outings in general.

EDIT: Now that I think about it calling Logan crap would be inaccurate; it was well-made, I just didn’t enjoy it.

I'm not watching the Dark Phoenix trailer on the grounds that I'll be forced to watch it against my will before half a dozen better movies this year.

As far as I’m concerned, there are only 6 movies in the X-Men universe:

X-Men
X-Men 2
X-Men: First Class
X-Men: Days of Future Past
The Wolverine
Deadpool

Everything else was crap. This new one looks like shit too.
It's a solid list, although I would probably put Logan instead of The Wolverine for me. The Wolverine felt a little too by-the-numbers for me, and I feel like it didn't add any depth to the character or move the X-stories forward in any way. YMMV.

On second thought, I'm still evaluating my feeling on First Class and Apocalypse. I though First Class was a solid film, bringing life back into a franchise that seemed dead and people were flogging it's corpse. *coughx-3originscough*. But I didn't find myself loving it or being as excited [X-cited?] about the casting choices as I was in previous outings. And although Apocalypse wasn't a great movie, I ended up enjoying it more than I thought I was going to. I think the one thing it had going for it is that it had a reasonably balanced ensemble, unlike the other movies that quickly become "The Wolverine Show" or "The Mystique Show" or the "Xavier/Magneto Show".

Of course the @$#%$#%! Search engine can't help me find the previous post I made on this movie, so today I'm either repeating myself or wondering if I talk here at all! :mad:

Last edited:
I really love that they try to remember this is still a kid in an adult body. There is something a little Tom Hanks-ish about it, without copying his performance.

Also, this is the first time I noticed it's supposed to be in Philly. Nice.

This may no longer be the case, but I believe that they signed the Rock to play Black Adam in a future DCEU movie. Maybe it's a solo outing, maybe it's a Shazam sequel, maybe it won't happen now. But the villain in the movie is NOT supposed to be Black Adam.

The Rock is still attached for Black Adam. They've just changed the origin of Dr. Sivana to be more in line with the New 52 version and his powers there. As Shazam is one of the series that (arguably) benefited from New 52, I'm okay with this.

Last edited:
I think you're the one who needs to get a clue:
Synopsis
Two years after Steppenwolf's invasion,[N 1] Billy Batson, a troubled 14-year-old orphan living in Philadelphia, is set up to move into a new foster home – his seventh in a row – with the Vazquez family and their other five foster kids in Fawcett City. One day, Billy gets on a subway car and finds himself transported to a different realm where an ancient wizard gives him the power to transform into a godlike adult superhero by uttering the word "Shazam!" Billy and his new foster brother Freddy Freeman must learn what Billy's new powers are and how to use them in order to stop the villain Dr. Thaddeus Sivana from nefarious acts, with powers of his own.[7][8]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shazam!_(film)#Synopsis

Dr. Sivana. End of story.

Wait, I thought Fawcett City was supposed to be more middle-US...

[Clicks link]

...oh, they moved it 7 years ago. Well, then, carry on, DC.

I think you're the one who needs to get a clue:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shazam!_(film)#Synopsis

Dr. Sivana. End of story.
Yeah, i wasn't actually saying that wasn't Sivana, but that Black Adam isn't the only other character who they could have combined with Sivana to make the film's villain.

And i was actually hoping they went with something like that before i saw AshburnerX's post about Nu52's Sivana (i originally was asuuming my post would go after PatrThom's).

GasBandit

Staff member
If Dr. Sivana doesn't break into "Take Me Home, Country Roads", I'm lowering my review a letter grade.

Also, WHAT is going on with the lower half of Dr. Sivana's body in that graphic? I can't tell if he's forwards or backwards.
It's a direct recoloration of the original image this is parodying... that bulge in the front... is his package.

Ehhhhhh...better than the teaser, but there are still parts I'm not entirely sold on. And I wish they actor they picked for Jafar had a deeper voice.

That looks about as good as could be expected...... still not going to bother. Would rather watch the animated movie again.

Dave

Staff member
Ehhhhhh...better than the teaser, but there are still parts I'm not entirely sold on. And I wish they actor they picked for Jafar had a deeper voice.
And he's young and hot. Jafar is supposed to be so old that it literally breaks the Sultan out of his hypnotic trance in disbelief.

And he's young and hot. Jafar is supposed to be so old that it literally breaks the Sultan out of his hypnotic trance in disbelief.
I'm not even bothered by the age thing as much as the voice. I feel like Jafar got away with so much because he could be commanding and convincing. He was able to "sweet talk" the sultan, Aladdin, etc. This guy just doesn't sound like he has much confidence or knowledge. It makes you wonder how he got to be vizier in the first place.

figmentPez

Staff member
I still don't like the character design, but the animation looks pretty good. The story looks pretty damn stock for crossovers, though.

The story looks pretty damn stock for crossovers, though.
I literally know nothing else about this other than the video thumbnail still, but I assume you mean that something wicked goes down in the city, and Batman finds the turtles skulking around in their encounter cloaks and assumes they are the cause. Some fights ensue, but eventually Master Splinter and Batman hash it out and bury the nata once they are each satisfied with the other’s intentions. The wickedness is found to be the result of (probably) Joker and Shredder teaming up for some underworld shenanigans and the heroes all go to confront them at the old abandoned warehouse/amusement park/wharf/railyard and a spectacular fight ensues, during which the entire facility is destroyed. Everyone goes home, but Batman warns the Turtles that he’ll be keeping an eye on them.
Other scenes: Multiple Turtles attack Batman unsuccessfully, prompting one of them to say, “How hard can this be?! He’s just one guy!” Splinter tells the Turtles, “You could learn something from him.” Batman and Splinter trade Yoda-isms after their time in the East and get all mystical, prompting a “Whoa...”

—Patrick