[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Reactions
732 42 1
Now this looks good. Reminds me of the old JL/JLU AU. Probably because most of the voice actors are the same, and of course, it's a Bruce Timm joint.

Bruce Timm kinda lost me after Batman and Harley Quinn, which was pretty shitty outside of the bar scene.

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
1,812 817 13
Hey I'M not the one that started the Tolkien jokes. I am just better at it than you.

Reactions
229 83 0
I cannot believe I'm excited for a live action Pokemon movie, but god dammit am I excited for a live action Pokemon movie.

Reactions
670 200 0
I'll be honest, I have zero interest in watching this movie, but I am really enjoying how they're bringing the various Pokemon to life. I mean, Ludicolo and Aipom were nightmare-inducing.

Spotting references in the background is also kinda fun, like the Palkia and Dialga statues.

And if I'm being honest I fanboyed pretty hard at Mewtwo's entrance.

Ok, fine, I'll watch this movie.

Reactions
1,189 300 2
Okay, WHAT is up with Jennifer Lawrence's $2 wig? It's like they said, "Hey, look, these guys are going to be rebooted in the MCU, like, tomorrow. We're not going to try anymore kthxbye.-Fox".

I'll admit, I am curious, mainly because while much of Jean Grey's characterization over the years annoyed me (and the book @GasBandit sent me, The Refrigerator Monologues, addresses this quite well), one thing I've always liked about her was the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix persona. I kinda like what I see so far, but it doesn't have me jumping out of my seat.

Reactions
1,189 300 2
Ok, so, wait, wait... I have one question then, re: Dark Phoenix

We established that the current cast becomes the 2000's cast at some point, especially during Days of Futures Past, and wiped out X3, but kept X-Men and X2 canon. So how does that work if Mystique is now dead? Or are we just doing the traditional X-Men "alternate timeline" hand-wave? Because they went through a lot of trouble to make sure the past 3 movies lined up with the characters/timelines of the 2000's X-Men movies.
Post automatically merged:

You know, right after I wrote the previous post, the OTHER obvious answer came to me:

But they really wouldn't do that to her TWICE, would they?

...Guys, would they?

Look, just get the poor X-Men into the MCU already.

Last edited: