[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Keep in mind that this is the start of a new series, so Regenerator G-1 might not even be a thing. It may not even be taking the original 1954 movie into account, so we can't be sure of anything for this new Godzilla.
I thought that was the go-to-all explanation for why the G-man keeps coming back? Fleh, whatevs.

I thought that was the go-to-all explanation for why the G-man keeps coming back? Fleh, whatevs.
His special DNA is totally how he came back from being sucked into a black hole? :p

Regenerator G-1, if I recall correctly, is only Godzilla 2000 (which would include Godzilla 1954 for purposes of that continuity).

I mean, most of the time they didn't need an excuse. In the Showa series, he didn't really lose that much. The one in Godzilla Raids Again is another of the same species (or Gigantis, if you watch the stupid version). In the Heisei series, it was always something plot-related, because Japan had already identified and tried to exploit G-cells from pretty early on. Ocean temperature, time travel nuclear bomb, Rodan's surrogate sibling love for Godzilla's adopted son ...

I just mean, don't expect any familiar terminology, plot threads, or lore. We're in new territory with Godzilla Resurgence. Hopefully it does well in Japan and there will be more movies to come from Toho.

His special DNA is totally how he came back from being sucked into a black hole? :p

Regenerator G-1, if I recall correctly, is only Godzilla 2000 (which would include Godzilla 1954 for purposes of that continuity).

I mean, most of the time they didn't need an excuse. In the Showa series, he didn't really lose that much. The one in Godzilla Raids Again is another of the same species (or Gigantis, if you watch the stupid version). In the Heisei series, it was always something plot-related, because Japan had already identified and tried to exploit G-cells from pretty early on. Ocean temperature, time travel nuclear bomb, Rodan's surrogate sibling love for Godzilla's adopted son ...

I just mean, don't expect any familiar terminology, plot threads, or lore. We're in new territory with Godzilla Resurgence. Hopefully it does well in Japan and there will be more movies to come from Toho.
Fresh start, good to know.

I thought the main reason Godzilla kept returning was the folly of man? It's something history shows us again and again after all.

i ain't even mad, i love that song. I wouldn't know about it if not for its inclusion in Guitar Hero

also kind of sidebar - i watched Godzilla 1956 for the first time recently. and. shit. IT IS FUCKED UP.

With the way the trailers keep getting brighter, trailer 6 will feature actual daylight.
Whoa whoa whoa, let's not get too crazy, now.

This is a WB movie after all.

Though it's hilariously ironic that of all their planned properties, fucking SUICIDE SQUAD is the one that gets a more light-hearted approach. Doubly ironic since a dark, bleak style actually suits it (like the original comic; well, comparatively to other DC books at the time).

Though it's hilariously ironic that of all their planned properties, fucking SUICIDE SQUAD is the one that gets a more light-hearted approach. Doubly ironic since a dark, bleak style actually suits it (like the original comic; well, comparatively to other DC books at the time).

So... Russia's basically do their own version of the Avengers? Okay, sure. But without any context, I really have no idea why people would rout for these guys. The Avengers worked because they have a bunch of movies and decades of comics before they even tried it.

So... Russia's basically do their own version of the Avengers? Okay, sure. But without any context, I really have no idea why people would rout for these guys. The Avengers worked because they have a bunch of movies and decades of comics before they even tried it.
Dammit, this is not what I meant when I said they were Russian out these superhero movies!

That said, this looks kinda cool. If we get a subtitled version of the movie somehow, I'm down.

Of COURSE there's a bear guy. Because Russia.

--Patrick