[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

I haven't seen Doc Hollywood. I have seen The Color of Money.
Therefore I see the Paul Newman similarities more than I would see any Michael J. Fox ones.
Cars is actually a decent movie. Most of the online hate goes to Cars 2, which I understand is rather silly (still haven't seen the sequel).

--Patrick

I saw Doc Hollywood for the first time after I saw cars and remember thinking that Pixar wore the influences on their sleeve rather than just taking the basic story archetype and putting their own characters and world in it (Bug's Life for example). I feel like there's a difference and line between ripping off a story, paying homage, or adapting a classic story type/plot. I'm not sure I could put it into words though.

I think it also benefits from no one claiming it's a perfect original modern masterpiece that will forever change movies, like a certain James Cameron film.

Let me guess: you've seen one of these movies and not the other? :p
Hmm...James Cameron films that I have seen:
Piranha II
Terminator
The Abyss
Terminator II
True Lies (which is jarring to see right after Wayne's World, lemme tellya)
Titanic
Terminator III

I might also have seen Aliens and Rambo II, I'm not sure. The action runs together, so I'm not sure if I'm just conflating them with the other movies.

--Patrick

I don't know there's not a lot there to go on, but "Archie meets Twin Peaks" could be pretty great if they don't change the core of the characters. The Riverdale gang can be very adaptable to a setting as the publisher has proven over the years.

Hear that? That's the sound of DC Studios sending a memo to its security personnel, ordering them to confiscate belts, shoelaces, and razor blades from the other employees when they come in on Monday. This is gonna outclass whatever DC has in the pipeline.

Oh my god that 2 minutes was full of so much comic book joy that it almost erased how bad Batman v Superman was......:facepalm:
..... holy shit guys BvS was really, really bad..... I mean I'd heard all of the bad reviews but on some level I thought there might be something redeemable I mean... WW was cool.... I have no idea what she was doing there ... cause that plot, I mean holy shit someone who makes decisions at WB approved that plot and no one stopped them?!? Martha??!??!? The fight is over because Martha?!?!?!?! But Wondy was cool... I guess.... not cool enough to redeem how bad the whole movie was but she looked cool. All watching it did was make me want to watch a Marvel movie.... any Marvel movie, just to get the bad taste out of my brain.

I guess I'd agree, but only because Daredevil will be over quicker. BvS is a mess, but Charlie is right that it's not a bland mess. Sad masculine dumpster fire mess, but not bland.

On the other hand, Daredevil might be an easier sit because it's just junk, whereas BvS has good stuff in it, which makes it all the more frustrating that it's not good.[DOUBLEPOST=1480855565,1480855369][/DOUBLEPOST]
OK, I am so very ready for that movie. But I am not watching another damn trailer for it from here on out.
I wish it was that easy, but if you're going to any superhero/Disney/action movie in the next five months, they'll probably be throwing out more trailers.