The Undisputed Unified Wrestling Thread

Zappit

Staff member
Fire Kevin Dunn.

After last night the expected card for wrestlemania is

• Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE Title
  • Alexander Russev vs John Cena (for the US Title?)
  • Triple H vs Sting (probably)
The only reason I have the Network now is for the back catalog and NXT. I'm told the TakeOver specials are on Hulu Plus after the show, so I'm strongly considering cancelling. I love NXT and have watched all the specials live, but the Rumble last night was so disappointing I have no hope that Wrestlemania 31 will be any better than Wrestlemania 24.
Well, let's face it. Wrestlemania's main event will turn into a triple threat now. It's their go-to fix for matches the fans hate. It's what they did for Orton vs. Batista and Cena vs. Lesnar. They probably look at it as a free pass to fuck up now.

I would normally say that they should have known better than to put this up, but last night I watched the Royal Rumble, and their deafness to the audience no longer surprises me.

image.jpg

It wasn't the worst Rumble in history (close) but it was BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

But it's been bad for years now. The last one that was good was won by Edge.

Surprised there's no WWE/He-Man crossover. It's got all the beefcakes Vince McMahon would've enjoyed and there's even "Fisto"! I'd like to see them get that one under the radar.

I watched the Canadian National Womens Curling Championship instead of Fastlane or the Oscars!

I won hands down!

Man, I was watching some AMAZING old Big Boss Man stuff where he is literally the most evil son of a bitch ever and I fell down the youtube hole until we got to this pre-Attitude era thing between the Nation of Domination, the Hart Foundation and D-X. I'd forgotten a lot of this stuff.

D-X are the fuckin' FACES! WHAT THE HELL?

Nation - Someone vandalized our locker room with racial slurs and other such horribleness. It's fucked up. Fuck y'all for treating us like this. We totally think it's the Hart Foundation because someone wrote Canada rules on the wall.

Audience: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Harts - Man, we're Canadian (and British and American) eh, we ain't racist. Canada is like, a haven of non-racism. We don't care if you're yellow, brown or black. This is totally not condescending eh! It was D-X messing with you guys!

Audience: FUCKING BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

D-X - Bret Hart is the grand wizard and he totally said the n-word and we TOTALLY didn't write that racist shit in your locker room to rile you up.

Audience: YEAH, FUCK THESE BLACKS AND FOREIGNERS! YEEEEEE HAWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After troubling allegations of racism, sexism, homophobia and assault were brought to the attention of the mainstream media by the staff of /r/SquaredCircle Bill Demott has resigned as head trainer of NXT.

The one guy at the end was reading Annihilator. That comic is fucking great.

Pretty girl overload in that vid. Shawn Michaels girl's got it.

Last edited:

Zappit

Staff member
Lesnar is resigning with WWE, and it might be for awhile. He announced his career in the octagon is over, but his wrestling career is not. WWE made an offer he couldn't refuse.

So...suddenly a Reigns win isn't so inevitable...

Axlemania!

clap clap, clap clap clap

Axlemania!

Axlemania!

Axlemania!

Some guy climbed the Elimination Chamber at Fan Axxess (or however they fucking spell that) and chanted, "BOO ROMAN REIGNS! BOO ROMAN REIGNS!" before being brought down by security and arrested.

Fandango did the smart thing and recorded it for a chuckle later.

Man, I'm glad they're still giving young bucks like the Big Show a chance to shine.

D-Bry curtain jerking. Seems right.

OOOOH DEAN....that's...not a way to have a long career.

THE BOYHOOD DREAM....was fulfilled last year. This year he gets the kiss of death title.

Did Sting get in shape for this match? Or we getting t-shirt TNA Steve.

Also, that RKO finish was a thing of beauty. Seth Rollins is a champ.

Damn it, why didn't they use Sting's old theme? That would have been fucking awesome. Good on Sting though, he's in legitimately better shape than he was for half his run in TNA.

I can't roll my eyes hard enough for HHH's entrance. Self parody levels now. Dopiest cross promotion ever. Well, not quite as dopey as WCW Robocop, but close.

NWO saves Sting....nobody who watched WCW at the time booked this!

All of HHH's buddies getting more airtime than the rest of the roster. CLIIIQIQQIQIQIQIQ.

Wow, that sucked.

No Goldust v Cody, no Mizdow v Miz, no D-Bry v Zigler.

We get the old folks home bingo gathering.

Divas match was alright. Needed more of Paige's finishing submission. It looks cooler and she has a better theme.

I suppose it's time for John Cena to overcome the odds with Rusev.

Blech, it stinks that Nash got higher billing on that thing than Macho Man. Alive or not.

I thought this was Amurica!

Arnold doesn't go anywhere without that tank eh?

Is it wrong that I loathe when the champion goes out first. Champion should always be second.

Rusev is seriously my favorite wrestler right now. That entrance was perfectly cartoonishly super villainous.

FUCKING GAAAAAG.

Last edited:
I'm of the mind that the stadium is not transmitting the actual response from the crowd to the microphone, thus allowing the WWE to present their own narrative, regardless of what the crowd is doing.

I'm of the mind that the stadium is not transmitting the actual response from the crowd to the microphone, thus allowing the WWE to present their own narrative, regardless of what the crowd is doing.
Football stadiums always just sound like white noise. Unless the entire arena is behind something, you'll always get what sounds like a more lively crowd in a closed off arena.

THIS IS SO FUCKING LONG. That was 25 fucking minutes long! You had 3/4s of your roster in the pre-show and you dedicate 1/8th of the show to that?!

FUCK OFF.