The Undisputed Unified Wrestling Thread

For anyone interested, New Japan Pro Wrestling has launched their own streaming service for only 999 yen (~8.40 USD). If you're super into wrestling or want a good alternative not called Chikara this might suit your need. It's all in Japanese, but there's apparently no geographic restrictions, and the head of NJPW said he was surprised and pleased at the number of international subscribers, so there may be an English version down the road.

NJPW World

Here's someone's 5 step guide to signing up.

that women's title match tho :eek::eek:
Awesome and continues to show that if you give the women longer than 2 minutes they can put on good stuff. Look forward to seeing them look like shit in the WWE when they're not.

Also, Finn Balor's paint and entrance was super rad, but I hope they only do it on special occasions (like PPVs and such) so the audience doesn't get worn out on it.

I'm also not ashamed to admit I would bury a knife in a stranger's sternum for his abs.

So, Randy Savage is finally going into the WWE Hall of Fame, inducted by Hulk Hogan. Which is cool I guess, it's not like Savage hated Hogan for a decade or longer before his death.

The three way between Rollins, Lesnar and Cena is exactly why all three guys are employed. Awesome.

Bubba Ray is a legit shock.

I know it's not over yet, but WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING WITH THE RUMBLE SO FAR?

The crowd is corpselike now or outright booing EVERYONE. Way to do NONE of your roster any favours. Here comes your big new babyface to a chorus of boos. Good job. The Rumble is now a complete tutorial on how to get a crowd to shit on everyone who works for your company for an hour straight.

They just Batista'd Romans Reigns.

This is legitimately the shittiest Rumble in years.

After the INCREDIBLE threeway before the Rumble, they end it with this fucking mess.

Reigns sucks and Wrestlemania's headliner is going to be trash.

Last edited:
I liked the whole Kane/Big Show tossing corpses over the top, it was a nice change.

The result: Sets up Reigns beating Brock to lose it immediately to Rollins.

I think the worst part of it for me is how little Reigns did. He barely did anything, and needed the Rock to come in and win it for him. So he just looks weak, and after the amazing triple threat match before the Rumble, he has a very long, long way to go to get me to even be willing to believe that he could take on Lesnar.

I'm daydreaming at night about Heyman showing up tomorrow and telling Reigns to go fly a kite, Brock wants Rusev, Title vs Title, because that's whats best for business and what's best for business is a Wrestlemania title match people want to watch, so Brock can get a bigger PPV cheque.

rusev.png

Fuck us. Fuck us all.

Last edited:
#CancelWWENetwork is the fourth highest trend on Twitter right now. And with good reason.

Ironically, the triple threat match was a prime reason why I'm still a fan.

Then they reminded me why I'm not anymore.

Zappit

Staff member
There were so many directions they could have gone. Reigns, his abysmal mic skills, and his five moves ain't gonna sell Wrestlemania. Taking DB out so early was an incredible mistake. Really, when the crowd started the CM Punk chants, CM Punk walking out and winning it was about the only thing that could've saved the Rumble.

They made Wyatt look strong, but rather than turning him into a major player, they eliminate him. They gotta give him a new faction and send him to war with the authority. Give him Harper, the Ascension, and a sleeper agent in Kane. Have Wyatt make a move to take over. Give his promos some weight.

Yeah, I agree with y'all. Title match was hot, the Rumble was not, and the rest was completely forgettable RAW matches.

Big Show and Kane shouldn't be sniffing the last 10 left of the Rumble, much less the final four. There's a less than zero percent chance of Big Show vs. Lesnar or Kane vs. Lesnar ever happening on any show, much less Wrestlemania. It was 100% over when Ambrose went out. Actually, probably even when Bryan went out.[DOUBLEPOST=1422273114,1422273033][/DOUBLEPOST]
and a sleeper agent in Kane. .
the only positive thing that Big Show and Kane could do for the world of wrestling is immediately retire

To be fair, Kane has quietly and happily accepted that his role is to be the big strong tough guy with a proven track record that can be beaten by new guys to boost their rep. And he's been doing it for a long while now. Big Show needs to adopt this role or just plain retire.

I was hoping for Orton to save Reigns, then to immediately RKO him.

And to be honest I forgot that Rusev was still in the match I was so annoyed by the final four.

It just blows my mind that they would do this TWO years in a row. The first time felt like they were just oblivious and trying to just keep on with the original plans.

This year? Not only did they eliminate Bryan - the one guy the crowd CLEARLY wanted to see over everyone else - so soon into the match, but it felt like they actively did things to further piss the crowd off. Any of the crowd's favourites were quickly disposed of. Sandow was the first one not to be booed and he got eliminated in mere seconds. Ziggler was dumped unceremoniously. Cesaro tossed out like nothing. Hell, they even started chanting for RUSEV just by default. Ironically, that's what happened to Reigns last year when he and Batista were the only two left.

But, I mean, could someone honestly answer me this: what company goes out of their way to fight so hard against their own fanbase? Why piss off the fanbase that's paying for you to keep alive?

Honestly, if they continue down this road, I don't see how WWE will still be in business. I've been a fan since WrestleMania 3, but at this point, I think them going bankrupt is exactly what they deserve.

Fire Kevin Dunn.

After last night the expected card for wrestlemania is

• Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE Title
  • Alexander Russev vs John Cena (for the US Title?)
  • Triple H vs Sting (probably)
The only reason I have the Network now is for the back catalog and NXT. I'm told the TakeOver specials are on Hulu Plus after the show, so I'm strongly considering cancelling. I love NXT and have watched all the specials live, but the Rumble last night was so disappointing I have no hope that Wrestlemania 31 will be any better than Wrestlemania 24.

Fire Kevin Dunn.

After last night the expected card for wrestlemania is

• Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE Title
  • Alexander Russev vs John Cena (for the US Title?)
  • Triple H vs Sting (probably)
The only reason I have the Network now is for the back catalog and NXT. I'm told the TakeOver specials are on Hulu Plus after the show, so I'm strongly considering cancelling. I love NXT and have watched all the specials live, but the Rumble last night was so disappointing I have no hope that Wrestlemania 31 will be any better than Wrestlemania 24.
Reigns is Vince's pet project.

I honestly feel fucking terrible for Reigns, I can't imagine how bad that must've felt.

Bet today they are regretting that you only have to sign up for a month for the network.

Love a PPV? Keep the network.

Hate the PPV. Dump the network until the next big show and buy it back for $10.

Turned their old model of only buying the PPV's you want at $50 each into only buying the WWE Network for the PPV's you want at $10 each.