The Undisputed Unified Wrestling Thread

SummerSlam card-ish??

WWE Title Brock vs Cena
IC Title The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Bo Dallas
Divas Title AJ Lee vs Paige
Tag Titles Usos vs Wyatts again?? Another gimmick match?
Bray Wyatt vs Chris Jericho
Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins
Reigns vs Orton or Kane ?

-Maybe a payoff to Fandango vs Layla/Summer ?
-KENTA ????
-a StarDust angle?!
- Steph McMahon and the Bellas might talk to each other

and I'm probably forgetting something. Rusev and Cesaro might be there? I love both of them. Adam Rose could have a fun pre-show match! Is it just me or is this shaping up to be possibly better than Wrestlemania?!?!

From what I'm hearing on the rumour mill, Sheamus and Miz are wrestling and they're going to unite the IC and US titles.

Of course, that uniting rumour's been going since around Rumble time, so take that with a grain of salt.

I'd actually like that if they waited until Night of Champions, actually make that PPV matter somewhat.

Rumor is a new championship belt after Summerslam to go along with the switch over to the Network logo as the main company logo.

If we get a competitive back and forth match between Lesnar and Cena I'll be thrilled. I might be the only person who didn't like the entirety of their No Mercy match from a couple of years ago. I'm not a fan of one sided 20 minute beat downs. It might be why the only Brock Lesnar match I've enjoyed since he came back was his match with Punk.

It's funny how often they have Brock be the giver of the one sided beatdown considering that he's an incredibly seller. He can make anyone's offense look like a million bucks.

It's funny how often they have Brock be the giver of the one sided beatdown considering that he's an incredibly seller. He can make anyone's offense look like a million bucks.
And still look like a complete monster, while building up his opponent. Losing can make a wrestler look better as long as the match is back and forth. I'm pretty sure I've written about this on here before, but John Cena losing to Kurt Angle certainly didn't hurt him getting over.

In unrelated news Spike TV has elected to not renew their contract with TNA. Impact Wrestling is going off the air in October.

They've been slowly dying for awhile now. This is hardly surprising. Hell, let's be honest. They've been pretty much killing themselves with bad decision after bad decision.

From what I'm hearing on the rumour mill, Sheamus and Miz are wrestling and they're going to unite the IC and US titles.

Of course, that uniting rumour's been going since around Rumble time, so take that with a grain of salt.
No, they are looking to keep two mid titles and divide them amongst good guys and bad guys, so that each will have a chance to grow.

Zappit

Staff member
He's one of the few who can actually give himself a piledriver.

Rumor has it TNA is not getting it's contract renewed with Spike TV is because Spike is negotiating to buy TNA, going the Turner-WCW route, and grabbing it cheap at a low point with plans to relaunch.

So am I skimming that article right and they want to present the network as a traditional channel? If so that's terrible. On my phone right now and don't want to confirm my skimmed assumption.

So am I skimming that article right and they want to present the network as a traditional channel? If so that's terrible. On my phone right now and don't want to confirm my skimmed assumption.
It's exactly that. It's basically WWE 24/7 again rather than the Netflix-like video streaming app that the Network is in the states.

Which is fucking ridiculous. I was ready and primed to get the Network the very second it dropped in Canada. Not now. They lost a guaranteed sale from me.

FINALLY. That dead weight needed to be gone a long time ago.

I get the feeling they were on the verge of releasing him, anyway, and this gave them a good reason.

Damn, that's out of nowhere.

Also, is it just me, or does SummerSlam look kind of crappy now, after looking amazing a few weeks ago? I just hate Flag and Lumberjack matches. I know they're old school and there have been classic ones, but they suck nowadays.

Also, is Sheamus dead?

Zappit

Staff member
He's also in the running to be Darth fucking Vader in Episode 7. I know it won't be his voice, but still...

"Luke, I am your fa-ter, fella."

Vader picking up the Brogue Kick might kick ass.

Hey guys, the WWE Network is totally available right now for 9.99! 9.99!

It's totally 9.99. It's only 9.99!

Guys, John Cena is the WWE, the Network is only 9.99, Champion!!!

Even if he doesn't win the title, Brock has definitely won the undisputed sweatiest man that ever lived title.

Ambrose and Rollins are both great and managed to make one of the shittiest match types work. Ambrose's "I still love you brother!" to Rollins during the curbstomp, his pre-emptive swinging at the lumberjacks when he was thrown out of the ring and constant suicide dives just sells his character to a degree that most of those guys should take notes from.

The commentary team is still, just...dreadful. MAGGLE, the network is 9.99 MAGGLE.

So the main event went for about 15 minutes to long. Just boring. Best thing I have to say about it is that at least it didn't end like the match at Extreme Rules 2012.

Boring match is boring. No squash match needs more than 5 minutes. Truthfully every match Lesnar has had since coming back have all been boring snoozefests for that exact reason, save for his match last year against CM Punk, where Punk was actually allowed to get meaningful offense in.

Boring match is boring. No squash match needs more than 5 minutes. Truthfully every match Lesnar has had since coming back have all been boring snoozefests for that exact reason, save for his match last year against CM Punk, where Punk was actually allowed to get meaningful offense in.
He lost his first two back.

Also, if someone were to tell me that Brie Bella and Stephanie McMahon would have a more entertaining match than a big PPV AJ and Paige match, I would have called you a stupid shit from stupid shit town. Hey, look who's the stupid shit now.

Hell, I think it's funny that Randy Orton and Roman Reigns ended up being the piss break match, they had trouble following up Steph and Brie.

Last edited:
Last nights Raw takeaway? Ambrose and Rollins are fucking stars since they managed to not allow Kane to suck the life out of either of their matches.