The Undisputed Unified Wrestling Thread

I'm watching the iPPV now. A large and very enthusiastic crowd, and good wrestling. Especially by the Indy standards. 3 matches in, only one superkick and no finisher-2 count exchanges.

NXT Takeover is tomorrow and Payback is Sunday. Guess which one I'm more excited for?

Both have pretty lousy cards, but I'm looking forward to seeing Sami Zayn and Tyler Breeze wrestle each other, and the NXT crowd should be great as usual. Payback will have Cesaro vs. Shemus which could be match of the night depending on which Shemus shows up.
Man, I wish WWE had been more upfront about how unwatchable it would become after Wrestlemania. They suckered me into 6 months of the network.

It's not like this is anything new though. Extreme Rules and May PPV are always lackluster outside of 1 or 2 matches each. Don't worry, Money in the Bank and Summerslam are coming up next.

Man, having kids (or nieces in Natalya's case) of famous wrestlers come out to basically remixes of their father's themes is a little played out. Curtis Axel, Natalya, Charlotte and Ted Dibiase Jr (who started out coming out to the Million Dollar Man's theme exactly). Come on guys.

So when I wished for new storylines to start following Payback, I never meant for that to happen. :cry: I just wanted to see people wrestling new opponents. :cry:

Zappit

Staff member
Complete, updated list.

• JTG (just added)
  • Drew McIntyre
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Aksana
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Theodore Long
  • Camacho
  • Brodus Clay
  • Evan Bourne
  • Yoshi Tatsu
  • Marc Harris (referee)
3MB is officially dead. Can't be too long before Slater and Hornswaggle get the boot, too.

And honestly, I'm surprised JTG lasted as long as he did.

Edit: Hmm. Just saw this over at Wrestling Inc. it's an older article, but maybe it's another reason Ziggler got buried.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...ot-with-dolph-ziggler-partially-to-blame-for/

Last edited:
Slater's back to being a one man band, bay-bee!!

Honestly, this was a long time coming. WWE used to do roster spring cleanings every year around this time (not long after a WrestleMania).

On the surface, it sucks for the guys that get released but most see solid success on the indies. They're a big name after working the big time, even the lowly job guys.

Plus, this means room for new, fresh faces. Which WWE could really use.

Zappit

Staff member
This all comes, like, just days after the WWE said they changed their policy to just let contracts run out, and wouldn't just cut people.

Complete, updated list.

• JTG (just added)
  • Drew McIntyre
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Aksana
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Theodore Long
  • Camacho
  • Brodus Clay
  • Evan Bourne
  • Yoshi Tatsu
  • Marc Harris (referee)
3MB is officially dead. Can't be too long before Slater and Hornswaggle get the boot, too.

And honestly, I'm surprised JTG lasted as long as he did.

Edit: Hmm. Just saw this over at Wrestling Inc. it's an older article, but maybe it's another reason Ziggler got buried.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...ot-with-dolph-ziggler-partially-to-blame-for/
Hornswaggle is about as safe as anyone on the roster could possibly be. Vince thinks he's fucking hilarious.

Dear WWE,

Do more RAWs like that. That was awesome.

Sincerely,
Me

Seriously, we had some surprise returns, some great starts to new stories, Kofi and Dolph both winning their respective singles matches (!!!!!), and the whole RAW just flew by. Whatever they did tonight, I want more of it.

The old Wyatt NXT theme was a thing of beauty not made better by the addition of lyrics.

This may have been the best and most fitting wrestler theme going.

Also, I like Cody Rhode's Stardust theme. As fucking silly as the gimmick is, Cody Rhodes is fucking awesome doing it. That guy can make any shitty gimmick (he got a fucking mustache over!) they throw at him work. The only time he falters is playing plain Cody Rhodes. The guy is a fantastic talent.

On the topic of new themes, did no one notice that Ambrose's new theme is basically a remix of Chris Benoit's old theme?

Cesaro's current theme is still hot garbage and doesn't suit him one bit.

Seth Rollin's new theme is alright, but I hate the drop and it sounds WAAAAAAAY too much like the Ascension's theme and they're boring as hell. I probably wouldn't dislike Ascension so much if they didn't look like rat people and they're not fucking awesome to watch like Adrian Neville (who is also a rat person).

Last edited:
WWE has signed Japanese star KENTA, who will be headed to NXT. If the hype about him is true, expect him to move onto the main roster quicker than most. Apparently he is the man responsible for Punk's GTS and Bryan's flying knee (how is this not already called the "Knee Plus") finishes.

Zappit

Staff member
WWE has signed Japanese star KENTA, who will be headed to NXT. If the hype about him is true, expect him to move onto the main roster quicker than most. Apparently he is the man responsible for Punk's GTS and Bryan's flying knee (how is this not already called the "Knee Plus") finishes.
It is called the Knee Plus already.

Wrestling Inc's announcement of the signing had a video of a Kenta/Brian Danielson match, which was quite good. (And yes, it is a young Daniel Bryan.)

Is it officially? I know that's what a lot of people have been calling it, but I don't recall ever hearing one of the curmudgeons calling it that.

I tried watching a Kenta/Bryan Danielson match from 2008, maybe it was the same one? It was pretty good, but the silent Japanese crowd was killing me. I know it's just how they are over there, but man it made me realize how much a crowd can affect my opinion on a wrestling match.

They've never referred to it as Knee Plus anywhere but once in one of those app interviews.

The commentators have never called it that.

So, now that KENTA is in WWE (well, NXT), I can't wait to see what kind of hideously racist gimmick they'll give to one of the world's best wrestlers.