I think that Sam the Eagle or Scooter would be better as DM. Sam, because he would have it all planned out and the group would be constantly doing the unexpected and going “off script.” Scooter because he would never be in control but would willing to work along with all the weird stuff the gang would try.
I think Kermit works best because it brings him back to his original role on The Muppet Show as the director trying to stay sane among a large group of weirdos. He was essentially the straight man on the show.

We follow Kermit (Ranger), Rowlf (Kermit's Companion), Miss Piggy (Barbarian), Fozzie Bear (Bard), Gonzo (Sorcerer), and Animal (Druid) as they go through a dungeon. They battle Sweetums (Ogre), Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker (flesh golem and its creator), Statler and Waldorf (2-headed giant that argues with itself), a swarm of chickens (one of which starts following Gonzo around), Sam Eagle (Eaglebear -- "I am NOT an owl, I am an eagle!"), and every shopkeeper/merchant they meet is ALWAYS Scooter ("Wait, didn't we run into you back in that swamp town?" "Oh! That was probably my brother Skeeter. Yeah, we get mistaken a lot.")

And then, at the end of the goofball adventure where Kermit is screaming at the camera like Daffy Duck in that vs. animator cartoon, the viewpoint pulls back and we see that the GM is...the Swedish Chef. It makes sense, after all, since he's the only one with actual hands to be able to roll all those dice.

--Patrick

Sam the Eagle; Paladin
Fozzy Bear; Cleric
Sweetums; Rogue
Animal; Animal
Kermit, the group leader struggling to get people to work together

As much as think Scooter would be the competent DM, I really want to see Gonzo run it, for SO many reasons.
(I think Kermit is too busy to run a D&D game, but he's kind enough to give it a try if Scooter or Gonzo asked. He'd probably be the audience surrogate.)

Oh yeah for sure Scooter would be a munchkin. Sam is a rules lawyer. Animal can't wait for his turn. Fozzy forgets his character sheet every game.

I was on the train to half-work today, this dude stumbled a little and almost dropped a bag, and as an obvious curtesy I asked "Are you good?" to which he replied "If I wanted to know what you thought, I would have asked", like twice in a row. The weirdest interaction.

Dave

Staff member
I was on the train to half-work today, this dude stumbled a little and almost dropped a bag, and as an obvious curtesy I asked "Are you good?" to which he replied "If I wanted to know what you thought, I would have asked", like twice in a row. The weirdest interaction.
Old guy at the supermarket a couple of months ago. I was going in and he was just finishing up unloading into his car. I asked him if he'd like me to take his cart to which he angrily replied, "Get your own fucking cart!"

Okay, you miserable old shithead parked in a handicapped zone because you can hardly walk. Have fun taking the cart to the corral.

Who am I kidding? He just left it there.

I'm sorting through my GoPro footage tonight. A lot of stuff recorded that hadn't been sorted into their own folders.

I completely forgot that I haven't done a single thing with the footage from my Lunenburg trip back in August 2021. I keep meaning to make a video like "10 Things I Learned From My First Bike Tour" or something. I feel like 3 years is maybe too late for that? I don't know.

I'm sorting through my GoPro footage tonight. A lot of stuff recorded that hadn't been sorted into their own folders.

I completely forgot that I haven't done a single thing with the footage from my Lunenburg trip back in August 2021. I keep meaning to make a video like "10 Things I Learned From My First Bike Tour" or something. I feel like 3 years is maybe too late for that? I don't know.
I'd be interested. If I can ever get my schedule figured out, I'd like to do some light touring, and I'd appreciate your insights.

I just realized I could break up each chapter or lesson by what I learned at each point in the journey. Like, show footage when I was in Chester, and what I learned there. And do the lessons chronologically.

I have a new hot subordinate this week, he's a guy from the Czech Republic and he's joining my team as a translation editor. Coincidentally, today I'm wearing a t-shirt that my wife bought me when she went on a trip to Prague with her family a little while back. My shirt says "Prague" and prominently features the Prague astronomical clock, so my new coworker was all like, "Hey, Prague, that's my city, cool!"

Anyway, the reason I'm telling this story is to share that I got to say—out loud, in real life, and in an appropriate context—the sentence, "Yeah, my wife went to Prague and all she got me was this t-shirt."

GasBandit

Staff member
He's not wrong, but bear in mind this was a very small, crank operated "chainsaw" that was very different from the giant timber-devouring monstrosities we have today.

He's not wrong, but bear in mind this was a very small, crank operated "chainsaw" that was very different from the giant timber-devouring monstrosities we have today.

Aw man.

Guess I'll toss this "Leatherface as a midwife" fanfic, then.

Every time someone brings this up, hand-cranked or otherwise, I can feel every inch of post-childbIrth me screaming, "This is not a "fun" fact! THIS IS NOT A FUN FACT!"

GasBandit

Staff member
Every time someone brings this up, hand-cranked or otherwise, I can feel every inch of post-childbIrth me screaming, "This is not a "fun" fact! THIS IS NOT A FUN FACT!"
Wait till you read about what they used before the invention of the tiny vagina chainsaw. Remember, this was considered to be a vast improvement that greatly increased the chances of survival for the mother.

Not sure where else to put this. My ex is trying to raise funds for surgery for her cat. If I wasn't working out my own debt, I'd help. If anyone can spare something, it'd be much appreciated.

I just learned that my ex's cat passed away. I believe she was about 16 years old.

I sometimes joke with a friend of mine if the roles were reversed throughout history what insane shit female doctors would have done to our junk like male doctors have to women for thousands of years.