I'm not working today. Meanwhile, my wife (a teacher) is at work and they had to evacuate it because of a possible gas leak so shes just standing outside with a bunch of children.

I've never felt this image more in my life.

1703171260465.png

Uh Tin? I think you're famous. Came across this Woobles ad on Instagram and totally did a double take
Yeah, all my friends have been sending me those ads for a couple months now ;)

@Tinwhistler is a COMPLETE BEGINNER.
(Well that's better than being an INcomplete beginner, I guess)

--Patrick
I was when I bought my first wooble. They're what taught me how to crochet :D That lion was the 4th thing I ever made. At the time they put out calls for testimonials, I had no idea they were doing Shark Tank and then going to do a huge media blitz. But I don't mind it.

GasBandit

Staff member
So we were at Costco getting groceries yesterday...

Her: "Oh, I want to get some of this, too. It cooks well in my air fryer."

(She puts a certain kind of frozen greek spinach pie in our cart)

Me: SPANAKOPITA!!!!!

Her: "????"

Me: "Ohhhh we have got a SERIES to start tonight.

Hot female friend of mine (the one who treats me as a gay male friend, even though technically I am not gay): Hey there's this guy I've been talking to, and he's been really busy and stressed at work lately, so I was wondering what I should say to him to make him feel better. Any suggestions? What do guys want to hear from a girl when they're busy and stressed?

Me: Well, it depends very much on the guy, but I guess most guys like to feel that their efforts are being seen and recognized, so maybe you could tell him how much you admire him for working so hard?

Hot friend: Okay, good idea, anything else?

Me: (jokingly) Also most guys like boobs, so if you send him pictures of boobies that might take his mind off work.

Hot friend: Do they have to be my boobs?

Me: I WAS NOT SERIOUS ABOUT THAT, DO NOT SEND IMAGES OF YOUR BOOBS TO THIS GUY YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT WELL.

Are you sure she wasn't talking about you? Think of the opportunity lost!

(kidding, right answer, of course)
Heh, nah, like I said, she knows I'm married and treats me as a gay friend, ie someone who she's completely not romantically interested in and can trust to be completely not romantically interested in her.

So far I have repaid her faith in me by hitting on her a grand total of zero times.

Also she had something of a sheltered upbringing and kinda doesn't know how to interact with men, so despite being quite attractive she's actually had trouble finding and staying in relationships. As an illustration, I talked about her in this post, which shows how she tried to use subtle hints to attract a guy and ended up failing miserably.

Last edited:
Got summoned for Jury Duty for a 10 day trial. I'd do it but pay is only 20$/day for the first 10, 40$ for 11 to 49 and then 100$ for 50 days+ and I'll need to excuse myself just due to financial hardship alone. Also because my team is basically 2 people and it's at the end of next month, our busiest time. We've got a legal team that will write up the needed letter that should hopefully get me off it so not worried but before I knew the compensation, I'd have gladly and willingly done it. How can anyone expect a jury of their peers when there would only be a small subset of the population that could even afford to attend this?

So Mickey Mouse is now public domain but only in a very limited way for now, and while its symbolically nice due to the history of Disney trying to prevent this for decades, its not that big of a deal for Disney. Nobody really cares too much about making Mickey Mouse stories besides shock value and he's mostly valuable as a logo which they still have protections for.

However, I'm looking at stuff coming up and while its a bit of a ways off, we are now 10 years away from Superman being Public Domain. I think that is something that will actually be significant (and whatever corporate entity owns him at that point will try incredibly hard to fight).

How long will it take for "Mickey and Minny: Doing Drugs and Murdering Teens coming soon to Shudder" to be announced?

I hope after how truly dogshit that Winnie the Pooh movie was that folk have learned their lesson.

Dave

Staff member
Sitting in the hotel in San Antonio right now. Sam graduates from Air Force basic on Thursday. Tomorrow is family day. Then the drive back home. But it’s been an interesting road trip.

And you Texans? Learn to fucking drive.

GasBandit

Staff member
Sitting in the hotel in San Antonio right now. Sam graduates from Air Force basic on Thursday. Tomorrow is family day. Then the drive back home. But it’s been an interesting road trip.

And you Texans? Learn to fucking drive.
I have noticed, the last few weeks especially, people have been absolutely oblivious when driving. Three times a day or more I see these menaces to navigation, just waiting to get somebody killed. I don't know why things have suddenly taken such a turn for the worse.

I have noticed, the last few weeks especially, people have been absolutely oblivious when driving. Three times a day or more I see these menaces to navigation, just waiting to get somebody killed. I don't know why things have suddenly taken such a turn for the worse.
It's not just TX. MI has had its share of idiots. Just last week I had someone come to a complete stop in the left lane at a green light in front of me, just to sit there for a few moments and then turn right (across all the other lanes, of course). There's something in the ... whatever they're drinking, I swear.

--Patrick

It’s this time of year. Plus, you’re in one of the worst areas of Texas for this. The I-35 corridor. From south of San Antonio, all the way north to the Oklahoma border, I-35 is completely batshit crazy.

It’s this time of year. Plus, you’re in one of the worst areas of Texas for this. The I-35 corridor. From south of San Antonio, all the way north to the Oklahoma border, I-35 is completely batshit crazy.
As a texan, Dallas drivers suck. All I-35 drivers suck. Houston drivers suck. All I-35 drivers suck.

Oh, and Hi :)
Post automatically merged:

Did anything get recently legalized because wow.
Nope, but that hasn't stopped the smell of skunk-ass weed from permeating the air almost everywhere we go nowadays.

Almost one HUNDRED percent done with the flu, all that's left is the flem build up, and the occasional coughing. Either way, Christmas parties-NEVER AGAIN!

At least not at my dad's friend's house that was incredibly cramped and had like 50 people and...WHY?! Why do people with not that big of houses think their house is a good venue for SCORES of people, it was a nightmare!

And how are people always getting second plates at these things, I fill up on the FIRST plate because its always those tasty stuffed shells, and nothing fills me up more than good Italian food.

Dave

Staff member
My son - who hardly ever talks - made a joke yesterday that enraged me that I didn’t think of it first.

We were driving to a restaurant and passed by a HUGE line of cars. Seeing that they were in line for a Chic-fil-A my daughter said something about intolerant homophobes needing to get their “Jesus chicken”. From the back all we heard was, “Well, he did fry for your sins.”