GasBandit

Staff member

Well a big section of the oldest prison west of the Mississippi burned down. No injuries, but a lot of damage. 655 inmates lived in that section that burned.

That is my office in the foreground. They smelled the smoke at 2am but took another 4 hours to find the fire.
I have driven through that exact intersection like 75 times, because my company's second biggest customer is SHSU (which for those of you not familiar with Huntsville, TX, is 1 block up that street).

GasBandit

Staff member
The property of the two actually touches. And there are some prison offices on campus.
In fact, I was there a week ago a stone's throw from you at the Beto CJC, commissioning new AV systems in classrooms, as well as the Dan Rather school of Broadcasting. I've done the AV system programming for pretty much every SHSU classroom since late 2019, including their Woodlands campus and the College of Osteopathic medicine over by Conroe. Oh, and the softball field audio system, and all the AV in the athletics field house.

In fact, I was there a week ago a stone's throw from you at the Beto CJC, commissioning new AV systems in classrooms, as well as the Dan Rather school of Broadcasting. I've done the AV system programming for pretty much every SHSU classroom since late 2019, including their Woodlands campus and the College of Osteopathic medicine over by Conroe. Oh, and the softball field audio system, and all the AV in the athletics field house.
Cool, I only support 10,000 users.

A hot female friend of mine recently started a new job, which has a reputation for being a high-pressure position that often leads to burnout. I decided to send her a quick text, "Hey, heard about your new job, how's it going? Not too much stress, I hope?"

She wrote back around three pages of texts that could basically be summarized as, "Stress? Why would I be stressed? I don't get stressed from this job. I get stressed by inefficiency or not meeting deadlines, the job itself is fine. I don't get why you think I would be stressed. You confuse me."

So yeah, she's probably doing all right.

Dave

Staff member
I am really annoyed that as I get older I’m getting less religious while my sister is getting way, way, WAY more religious. I love her to death but every day that’s all she posts about!

Still better than my racist asshole brother.

Vacation!

Hey Homer, I'm worried about the beer supply. After this case and the next case, there's only one case left!

GasBandit

Staff member
FEEEEEL OOOLLLLLD

Yes that's right, this classic turned TWENTY as of Sept 1st, 2023.

--Patrick
I thought it was older than that actually.. I remember playing DAOC in 2001, and in Hibernia, there are lots of badger mobs. If you stand around them saying "badger" over and over, at some point the badgers will start screaming "SNAAAAKE! SNAAAAKE!" or "MUSHROOM MUSHROOM!"

1693713124781.jpeg

GasBandit

Staff member
And then Korn and Tool and Marilyn Manson, some Candlebox, then a surprise guest appearance from Stone Temple Pilots and Pearl Jam.

Dave

Staff member
Toad was excellent. Collective Soul was not good. Barenaked Ladies started out great and then literally said, “We’ll, people have asked us to stop playing hits!” Then they went to old deep cuts nobody knew and the songs they did do that people knew they either had a different person singing (like from another band) or just messed with the lyrics, which was fun at first but got old fast. I love the band but I just wasn’t impressed overall.

I will say that this was in a very rich part of town and @bhamv3 would have had his head on a swivel. There were so many beautiful girls there it defied logic or physics.