A guy I played football with nearly 30 years ago just hired my niece for a competitive secretaries position. I only talked to him once since high school. I do not know how to thank him with out making her hiring look like nepotism. He knew she was my niece months ago with out her going up for his admins positions months later.
I believe a good part of my acquaintance hiring my niece had to do with my mom. While she is a bit racist she always stood up for my brothers, myself and our friends. The mortgage mom and dad signed said not to sell the house to blacks, she always defended our black friends from our neighbors. So on Friday mornings before the home games she had all the seniors over to the house to make sure they had a good breakfast. Some of the neighbors complained to her that there were blacks in the group that came over... she told them to fuck the right off. She also fed the Fellowship of Christian Athletes at our home too to the same welcome of the neighbors.

I think the gringo breakfast tacos and my mom's strength rubbed off on my friend that hired my niece, to give her the first break that she needs.

Hmmm, drat. What other Mexican vaping wanderers of the world do I know? :confused:

But yeah, you are that other Mexican guy on my FB :rofl:

Happy Friday, then!

I do NOT "vape" in the normal doing-it-in-public with noticeable clouds and chemical liquids shit.

I own a THERMAL EXTRACTION DEVICE for DRY HERB and I obviously never use it in public or pose with it in pictures anymore than I would with lit joints HOW DARE YOU CONFOUND ME WITH VAPE BROS :rage:

I've mentioned a few times that I'm a bit of chip junkie, they're my junk food of choice 110%

Lately I'm addicted to these from the drugstore a block away, BUT THEY'RE NEVER IN FUCKING STOCK.

They absolutely demolish every other brand of onion ring bagged snack I've ever had by miles. I used to think these things were disgusting until these oily, sweet and salty darlings came into my life like a hurricane.

1660953499258.png

LOL, me telling a Russian ambassador on Twitter who posted "No mercy for Ukrainian civilians" then later deleted the tweet and claimed he meant that the Ukrainian military will show no mercy to Ukrainian civilians that "Ooops, hopefully you aren't poisoned for this blunder" is ban worthy but this account, whom the wrestler in question being targeted has said the guy has been harassing her for weeks, is perfectly acceptable according to the report I got from Twitter.

LOL, me telling a Russian ambassador on Twitter who posted "No mercy for Ukrainian civilians" then later deleted the tweet and claimed he meant that the Ukrainian military will show no mercy to Ukrainian civilians that "Ooops, hopefully you aren't poisoned for this blunder" is ban worthy but this account, whom the wrestler in question being targeted has said the guy has been harassing her for weeks, is perfectly acceptable according to the report I got from Twitter.

Reported as well, who knows, maybe the Almighty Algorhythm will wake up.

GasBandit

Staff member
Something apparently broke in Feedly and it isn't updating feeds based on youtube channels any more. I've noticed it acting more and more flaky lately, so I decided to move over to The Old Reader, which is an attempt to reacapture how the original Google Reader worked for RSS feeds. I remember not particularly liking it back in the day, but it seems to have come a long way.

Downside? A free Old Reader account only handles 100 feed subscriptions, and my feedly had 170+.

But over 70 of those were for defunct content. After trimming out 30+ dead sites that didn't exist any more, and 40+ feeds that hadn't updated in over a year, plus a few active feeds that I actually always skip nowadays (looking at you Fine Bros) I'm down to a svelte 81 feeds.

GasBandit

Staff member
Granted my Japanese is barely weeb-level anymore these days, but I don't think that's Japanese. At least, not any of the basic Hiragana or Katakana I learned in college.

I'd put money on it not being Korean, either.

Calling @Terrik & @bhamv3

Does this actually say anything?
View attachment 42320

(Though I suppose it could be Japanese as well...if it's not gibberish heh)
Not anything I would recognize as text, no. It might be Japanese, but I highly doubt it. It might be some stylized form of Simplified Chinese, in which case Terrik or Jun might know more. It may also be some form of ancient writing (eg. oracle bone script from around 3000 years ago). But I'm inclined to think it's just random scribblings.

So I’m in the process of planning my wedding. Awhile back we went to taste the different food options at the venue. One of the options for appetizers was bacon-wrapped scallops. My dad had one and said that we absolutely had to choose that as one of our options. Now, my dad is supportive of us and paying for a good chunk of the wedding so it’s not weird that he gets input, but that is also literally the only aspect of the wedding planning he has had any opinion on whatsoever. We didn’t argue against picking them since it’s not like it’s an unreasonable request, I just found it funny since that was the one hill he was going to die on if he had to.

So fast forward a few months. My parents are responsible for handling the rehearsal dinner, but I went to my moms house for dinner one night and she told me she just wanted us to pick the menu since my dad apparently looked it over and was “absolutely no help.” So we looked over the booklet the restaurant (which isn’t the same place as the wedding venue) gave us, and I noticed that literally the only marking in the entire thing was under the appetizers where their bacon-wrapped scallops were circled 3 times, as my dads only input into the rehearsal dinner.

I at least give him credit for consistency