I hate to be that stereotype but every time I try something maple flavoured, it's always delicious. Nick ain't wrong.
I had 'bacon icecream' once that I ordered on a dare because it sounded gross, but it turned out to be maple-flavored ice cream with candied bacon bits, and it was delicious

Maple barbacoa tacos sound pretty yum
Yeah, I tried to think of something that would taste terrible with maple syrup. But immediately after I posted it, I said "you know, a little maple in the taco meat would probably be good, actually." And then Nick posted that recipe, and I was like "dang"

GasBandit

Staff member
Visit Grizzlebee's and try our signature honey-maple-ranch dipping sauce!

Grizzlebee's! You'll wish you had less fun! (tm)

I think my stomach is starting to shrink. I haven't been able to finish a single meal we've had here, and everything has been delicious. And god knows I'm working up an appetite on the slopes! Good thing we rented a place with a kitchen. Been saving money on lunch from the leftovers, tho'.

Welp, going to see The Batman in about 20 minutes. The positive reviews from a lot of people I know, plus good ol' FOMO (fear of missing out) broke me.

Ever have that happen? Where something you weren't really interested in seeing/playing/reading, but couldn't help yourself due to FOMO? To the point you say "Okay, okay! I'll watch/read/play it!"

Welp, going to see The Batman in about 20 minutes. The positive reviews from a lot of people I know, plus good ol' FOMO (fear of missing out) broke me.

Ever have that happen? Where something you weren't really interested in seeing/playing/reading, but couldn't help yourself due to FOMO? To the point you say "Okay, okay! I'll watch/read/play it!"
Oh, definitely. Less so these days, but back when tv was still mostly, you know, regular tv, in smaller markets like Belgium you'd often have line one big hit show/series/whatever and it'd be the number one talking point on Monday, so... Yeah, watch it or miss out on half the conversation and in-jokes. Better watch I guess.

You know, usually I'm all about the FOMO when it comes to superhero movies, but I'm just not feeling it about The Batman? I don't know if it's Batman-fatigue, or now I've just become spoiled/lazy, but I'm looking forward to streaming it rather than having to go to a theater. I've heard good things, and I want to see it, but not enough to put the effort in to go to the theater. I've already been spoiled on it, and I don't really mind.

That's basically what I went through with Ace Ventura. It looked so stupid, but all my friends were raving about it, so I finally bit the bullet and saw it. And I hadn't laughed that hard in years. I hope it works out for you.

You know, usually I'm all about the FOMO when it comes to superhero movies, but I'm just not feeling it about The Batman? I don't know if it's Batman-fatigue, or now I've just become spoiled/lazy, but I'm looking forward to streaming it rather than having to go to a theater. I've heard good things, and I want to see it, but not enough to put the effort in to go to the theater. I've already been spoiled on it, and I don't really mind.
I will say, seeing it at home vs a theatre is completely fine for this EXCEPT the Batmobile scene. Having theatre sound pumping out the engine noises was almost worth the price of admission alone.

Batman fatigue is the reason I'm not seeing it yet. I'd like to see some DC characters that I haven't already seen in 9-10 other movies that almost all of them seem to be treading in the same footsteps. The Shazam and upcoming Black Adam movies were good steps. Original WW, NOT 84, was great. Even though the tv shows have lost me, Supergirl and The Flash would interest me. Not every freaking DC movie needs to have Bats or Supes in it.

GasBandit

Staff member
LinkedIn: Hey, this company is looking for an A/V Project Engineer!

Me: Ooh?

LinkedIn: ... In Grapevine, TX.

Me: Oh.

I'm not looking to sell my house to buy a broom closet in DFW where I can spend 3 hours a day fighting traffic Mad Max style.

LinkedIn: Hey, this company is looking for an A/V Project Engineer!

Me: Ooh?

LinkedIn: ... In Grapevine, TX.

Me: Oh.

I'm not looking to sell my house to buy a broom closet in DFW where I can spend 3 hours a day fighting traffic Mad Max style.
Grapevine's not a bad place, and nearby Lewisville has homes in the 300's and wouldn't be much of a commute. That's the area I'm considering moving back to once my divorce is done and I can start home shopping.

GasBandit

Staff member
Grapevine's not a bad place, and nearby Lewisville has homes in the 300's and wouldn't be much of a commute. That's the area I'm considering moving back to once my divorce is done and I can start home shopping.
In the 300s NOW, or in the 300s before house prices got stupid?

In the 300s NOW, or in the 300s before house prices got stupid?
Now. I just looked on realtor.com and saw several that weren't shacks (though, of course, there are a few of those as well). These are "stupid house prices"...back before I moved to VA, these same houses would probably have been in the 150's.

edit for example:
nearly 2000 sq ft, $380K, and was selling for $150K in 2012, and it's been on the market about a month.

The pickings are slim under 400K, but they can be found.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Now. I just looked on realtor.com and saw several that weren't shacks (though, of course, there are a few of those as well). These are "stupid house prices"...back before I moved to VA, these same houses would probably have been in the 150's.
Alright, but I still don't like DFW traffic. It's not Houston, but it's still awful. I've still got nightmares about the morning commute from the hotel to the TAMU College of Dentistry there when I was on site for a couple weeks >_<

edit for example:
nearly 2000 sq ft, $380K, and was selling for $150K in 2012, and it's been on the market about a month.

The completely bricked off first floor section weirds me out a little. Looking through the pictures I understand why it's like that, but from the front it looks like they're trying to hide a room or something.

edit for example:

And now it’s pending sale…

GasBandit

Staff member
Judging from the briefest glimpse of the thumbnail, I'm going to assume it was the "Happy Happy Joy Joy" song and dance from the Happy Helmet episode of Ren and Stimpy.