This kid is going to have a rough couple of days.1646550235504.png
Xavier Valle, 19 years old, who returned on the humanitarian flight, says: "I got out because we took a risk. The Foreign Ministry did absolutely nothing, the only thing they did was help us cross the border quickly"

Story idea:
War time, battles are fierce and devastating. The two sides are locked in a stalemate. A truce is called for peace talks. After about a month, peace talks fail and the war is resumed. Except, it doesn't. Battles just...don't happen. Troops do not respond to orders. Eventually observers are sent to the front lines by both sides and they find all of the troops still there, with all of the supplies they need, but no one is fighting. Seems during the week of peace talks, the soldiers on either side got to talking as well. They discovered they have a lot more in common with each other than with their superiors. THEY have decided that the war is over. They will no longer fight. The troops are recalled and replaced with new soldiers, but word has already spread amongst the ranks and still no fighting takes place. Generals eventually show up to inspect the troops and that is when the trouble begins.

GasBandit

Staff member
Story idea:
War time, battles are fierce and devastating. The two sides are locked in a stalemate. A truce is called for peace talks. After about a month, peace talks fail and the war is resumed. Except, it doesn't. Battles just...don't happen. Troops do not respond to orders. Eventually observers are sent to the front lines by both sides and they find all of the troops still there, with all of the supplies they need, but no one is fighting. Seems during the week of peace talks, the soldiers on either side got to talking as well. They discovered they have a lot more in common with each other than with their superiors. THEY have decided that the war is over. They will no longer fight. The troops are recalled and replaced with new soldiers, but word has already spread amongst the ranks and still no fighting takes place. Generals eventually show up to inspect the troops and that is when the trouble begins.
1646592222765.png

Haven't noticed too many of those Freedumb Flag pickups driving around as of late. Then again, I'm off and it's Spring Break.

My knee is still healing. I have about 80% of a tube of Mupirocin left--think of it like Neosporin on steroids and that requires a prescription.

So, I get back from my trip, doctor and bandage my knee, and on Sunday, I can't find the damn ointment. So I sigh, go to CVS, get some less-effective-but-better-than-nothing Neosporin. Today--can't find the neosporin. But I found the Mupirocin.

Is there some online alzheimer's test I can take? lol

(The problem is that the bandage bothers me in my sleep, so I tear it off. Which wakes me up enough to go replace it and the medicine, while half asleep. And then, when I wake up I have no idea what I've done with the medicine)

GasBandit

Staff member
Dammit, stop broadcasting on my frequency! You must be why I couldn't find my tube of neosporin last week, and went and bought a new tube at the grocery store, and then came home and immediately found my old tube where I SWEAR TO GOD it was not before.

Dammit, stop broadcasting on my frequency! You must be why I couldn't find my tube of neosporin last week, and went and bought a new tube at the grocery store, and then came home and immediately found my old tube where I SWEAR TO GOD it was not before.
Guess who *just* also found the neosporin. lol

A cyclist in my city is in the hospital with life-threatening injuries after getting hit at an intersection. I really hope they're okay. From the details released so far, it sounds like the cyclist was going straight (in the bike lane) and there was a collision when the driver turned right at the intersection. From my experience, I'll bet anything the driver didn't use a signal light and didn't check for the cyclist before turning. I see that way too often.

This is the intersection in question. It's a pic from last August.
GoPro.JPG

This is honestly my biggest fear while riding among traffic. I've gotten used to riding among traffic, but I'm constantly on guard for any of them to take a turn the wrong way or cut me off. One time, I was riding towards a stop light, with a row of cars waiting at the light. Cyclists are allowed to pass on the right if it's safe and there's room, which there was in this case. And one asshole in a van purposely swerved to block me from passing them (even though I fully intended on stopping at the light with the rest of them). It's dangerous shit like that that I have look out for sometimes.

True Off My Chest: I think the memes of acktually (the MSPaint image) and "I think it is a shop, you can tell by the pixels, I've seen a few shops in my time." Came from arguments I had back in the day.

The key to any scientific theory is if it's falsifiable. I will have to test this theory with...tacos. :D
Huh. I didn't think it'd be a thing, but a quick google search for "maple flavoured tacos" proved me wrong.