GasBandit

Staff member
Could you just call and say "Hey, can you ask *Dark Audit's real name* to call me back when he can?"

That shouldn't be too weird or invasive.
I'll think about it, but typically the kind of employers that smell similar to DA's employer come down hard on employees for personal calls. But I will think about it.

I saw that post and read that comment, I usually ignore user names so didn't realize it was you!

I've happened across Matthias and Dave on Reddit before. Fun fact: drawn_inward replied to me in a thread I started once.
Like 11 years ago or so, when I first moved to Virginia, I posted in the rage face subreddit about forgetting to buy milk and substituting coconut milk in a hamburger helper dish. Dave commented on it :D

edit: found it! https://www.reddit.com/r/fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu/comments/gomdh/eating_like_a_bachelor/

They wanted to find out if you were religious, what your religion was, and what your political affiliation was... but it's illegal to ask those questions during a hiring interview because they are often used to screen out candidates that don't fit the "culture" of the company. So they ask these questions instead.
I thought this was maybe it, but then my wife brought up their web page, where I had apparently managed to miss the entire "about us" entry that speaks to God and faith being a big part of their success. Fortunately, I was just offered a good position with a company that writes software for lawyers. As the son of a lawyer, I can take comfort that they are probably heathens much like myself.

figmentPez

Staff member
2022-02-25 15.21.48.jpg

2022-02-26 16.20.39.jpg

The photo doesn't get the color right (and probably even more wrong depending on your screen) it's more brown than hibiscus tea, but it's a lot more transparent and red than coke is.

My theory is that Coca-Cola Starlight is a failed attempt at creating a Spearmint / Mint Coca-Cola, and that Coke tested it and found people liked it, except when they were told it was mint. So they branded it Starlight.

I could be completely wrong, though. Online reviews I've read have guessed it's some sort of berry flavor, which frankly I don't taste. To me it's minty the way a lighter root beer or sarsaparilla is minty (and yes, root beer has spearmint in it, spoilers. I wouldn't be surprised if Coca-Cola has some as well). Starlight is a lighter flavor than Coca-Cola Classic, with a little bit of green/plant flavor, and some cooling to the mouth. Overall, I like it, but I won't be disappointed if the flavor fails and never shows up again.

Last edited:
Friendly tip to those who order out, CHECK your address before you order. Had an order I had to have the customer cancel because it was like, FOUR miles away from where the app said the address was, didn't even have to argue, it was a crazy sitch.

Lemme guess, he lives on a directional street, and you got the wrong direction (i.e, North instead of South)? That happens a lot out west.

Dave

Staff member
Friendly tip to those who order out, CHECK your address before you order. Had an order I had to have the customer cancel because it was like, FOUR miles away from where the app said the address was, didn't even have to argue, it was a crazy sitch.
I ordered food in Montana when the wife and I were on vacation last year. When we got home a couple months went by and we tried ordering food but none of our favorite places were there and NONE of the places would deliver to us. Took us a while to figure out that we were still trying to order from Montana and they didn't want to deliver to Omaha...

My theory is that Coca-Cola Starlight is a failed attempt at creating a Spearmint / Mint Coca-Cola, and that Coke tested it and found people liked it, except when they were told it was mint. So they branded it Starlight.
I found and bought a case to try it out.
You know what it tastes like to me? It tastes like someone decided to make a soft drink that tastes exactly like the filling inside of an Oreo sandwich cookie.

--Patrick

I ordered food in Montana when the wife and I were on vacation last year. When we got home a couple months went by and we tried ordering food but none of our favorite places were there and NONE of the places would deliver to us. Took us a while to figure out that we were still trying to order from Montana and they didn't want to deliver to Omaha...
HYUP-it happens, always pays to double check.

Now hold on, I heard from a YouTuber who spews insane right-wing rhetoric that HCGLNS not only hates horseradish, but thinks SJWs are ruining horseradish.