I've been watching a game for over 30 minutes with the sound off. I've been cheering on the wrong team the whole time. I hate that fucking college uniforms change for every game. The colors the teams normally wear have been reversed.
Post automatically merged:

Now I've never done drugs in my life, but I can not for the life of me figure out why I have a book of German poetry from 1954 with two poems book marked by a picture of my two year old daughter in a butterfly costume and one of Gina Carano.
Gina is easier to explain...

Heh, Gordon Ramsay of blood.

"Ey, ey, all of you, come here. Come here. Just take a look at what I've been given. I asked for one serving of good arterial blood, and this is what you've given me. It could not be more obvious that this shit came out of a vein. Just look at the color, it's completely off. The flavor is disgusting. You wouldn't serve this in a blood bank, so why the fuck are you expecting me to serve it here? I'm done. All of you, GET OUT. Give me two nominees for elimination, or else I'm tossing all of you out into the sunlight."

fade

Staff member
I've had this weird experience with Bumble so far. I'm getting advice from women I match with (which I like, that's not the thing). But I keep getting recommendations to make physical comments. That's scary to me, because a) I am very progressive-minded, and I do not want to do that unless I know for sure she's down for it, and b) I don't want to be one of those gross guys who get screenshotted on r/bumble or r/tinder.

I've had this weird experience with Bumble so far. I'm getting advice from women I match with (which I like, that's not the thing). But I keep getting recommendations to make physical comments. That's scary to me, because a) I am very progressive-minded, and I do not want to do that unless I know for sure she's down for it, and b) I don't want to be one of those gross guys who get screenshotted on r/bumble or r/tinder.
Best advice a female friend once gave me: compliment them on something they put work into, like hair, make up, clothes, etc. Not physical assets like their boobs or smile or something. It shows that you notice the fashion choices they made and had put thought into it. It's also less gross than "You have great tits!"

EDIT: Adding to this, it helps to be specific, like how that top really matches her pants or stuff like that.

Last edited:
Shook someone's hand today. Haven't done that since the Before Times.

Guy visiting the yard at work stuck his hand out for a shake as he was leaving & I didn't want to be rude & not shake but I was thinking "who does this nowadays?" as I did it. Then he left & I headed inside using only my left hand to touch things / open doors until I could wash my hands.

I have a hot female friend whose nickname is, literally, "hot girl". Like, our friend group literally calls her "hot girl Janet" to her face and when we talk about her among ourselves. Recently she got married. We asked her if she'd like us to stop referring to her as "hot girl", because she's someone else's wife now, and it's kinda weird to be talking about how hot someone else's wife is. She said she kinda likes the nickname, but if we were uncomfortable maybe we could change it to "hot wife"?

And then there was a brief moment of awkwardness as the people who did know what that term means looked around, trying to see who else recognizes the phrase.

And then I had to explain to Janet what hot wife refers to in certain communities, and she decided yeah let's just keep the hot girl nickname.

I have a hot female friend whose nickname is, literally, "hot girl". Like, our friend group literally calls her "hot girl Janet" to her face and when we talk about her among ourselves. Recently she got married. We asked her if she'd like us to stop referring to her as "hot girl", because she's someone else's wife now, and it's kinda weird to be talking about how hot someone else's wife is. She said she kinda likes the nickname, but if we were uncomfortable maybe we could change it to "hot wife"?

And then there was a brief moment of awkwardness as the people who did know what that term means looked around, trying to see who else recognizes the phrase.

And then I had to explain to Janet what hot wife refers to in certain communities, and she decided yeah let's just keep the hot girl nickname.
Wait, I don't understand. What DOES "hot wife" refer to in certain communities?

Wait, I don't understand. What DOES "hot wife" refer to in certain communities?
Ahem.

Sometimes married couples (or unmarried couples in a committed relationship) may come to an arrangement where the wife is allowed to sleep with other men. This may be accompanied by the husband watching or even participating in a passive role. Basically, the husband gets to satisfy his cuckolding fetish while the wife gets to sleep with other guys. The wife in this sort of arrangement is referred to as a hot wife. I have no idea what the origins of the term are.

Just tried Jiffy Pop for the first time. If you've never heard of Jiffy Pop:
1632970999382.png

It's a little foil-topped skillet you cook on the range (gas or electric. Not on glass-top). It pops up in a big theatrical show. It's quite dramatic, and I imagine it would be super fun to do with kids.

But it's all flash and no substance. The popcorn itself is substandard. And that skillet handle? It's a metal wire. I burned my finger on it. :(

Who orders a salad nigh THREE miles away?! And worse so-DOESN'T EVEN TIP?!

For clarity, I only accepted that order for the DD challenge-BUT STILL!

DD making their drivers dependent on tips is a sick system.
Don't I know it friend. Plus the challenges can be so bullshit for drivers "Do 10 deliveries and get 45 dollars*!"

The asterisk being that they'll round it up to 45 dollars after 10 delieveries...I have NEVER made less than 45 dollars after ten deliveries through this nightmare app.

Don't I know it friend. Plus the challenges can be so bullshit for drivers "Do 10 deliveries and get 45 dollars*!"

The asterisk being that they'll round it up to 45 dollars after 10 delieveries...I have NEVER made less than 45 dollars after ten deliveries through this nightmare app.
So you'd rather people give you 0 tip through the app and give you your tip cash/in person?
Just asking, really, might be useful info for other posters....Things like DD work differently here (no reliance on tips, though obviously they're probably appreciated :-p)

So you'd rather people give you 0 tip through the app and give you your tip cash/in person?
Just asking, really, might be useful info for other posters....Things like DD work differently here (no reliance on tips, though obviously they're probably appreciated :-p)
Honestly yes if you can, that way its just nice non-taxable income for people who have to use a nightmare app to make just a bit more than minimum wage...although we DO have to pay our own health insurance so it...balances out there I guess.

But yeah, if you have the cash, tip, if not tip on the app, 15-20 percent.

Main things to tip well for:

Pizza orders

Hot Coffee

Ice Cream

Ice Cofee ain't no thing, they keep that in plastic and what not, HOT coffee becomes a nightmare.

EITHER WAY-always tip either before you place the order, OR when the food gets there, makes a big difference.

Dave

Staff member
I ordered Doordash last night. The restaurant I ordered from is like 20 blocks away. I was tired after a 12 hour shift. Sue me. I ordered at about 7:45. At 8:15 it showed that the driver had picked up my order. At 8:45 I called the driver and asked what the fuck and why wasn't my food there. At 9 I contacted Doordash to lodge a complaint.

When I did that I needed to point out the restaurant. So I looked it up. I did NOT, in fact, order from the Indian place 20 blocks away, I ordered from a DIFFERENT Indian place that was all the fucking way across town! So the whole thing was my fault.

I met the guy at the door at about 9:10, handed him $10 more, apologized, and let him know the whole thing was my fault. We laughed it off but I still felt bad for being a dick.

I ordered Doordash last night. The restaurant I ordered from is like 20 blocks away. I was tired after a 12 hour shift. Sue me. I ordered at about 7:45. At 8:15 it showed that the driver had picked up my order. At 8:45 I called the driver and asked what the fuck and why wasn't my food there. At 9 I contacted Doordash to lodge a complaint.

When I did that I needed to point out the restaurant. So I looked it up. I did NOT, in fact, order from the Indian place 20 blocks away, I ordered from a DIFFERENT Indian place that was all the fucking way across town! So the whole thing was my fault.

I met the guy at the door at about 9:10, handed him $10 more, apologized, and let him know the whole thing was my fault. We laughed it off but I still felt bad for being a dick.
Ah yes, i once ordered Greek food from Akropolis in Brussels (about 40kms away) instead of Akropolis in Mechelen (like, maybe 2 kilometers).
Damn restaurant owners need to get more creative with their naming :p

I order from Donut Palace whenever I want kolaches. There's one literally 2 blocks away. Door Dash always wants to default to the one 15 minutes away for some reason. Before anyone wants to take me to task for being lazy about driving the 2 blocks, I generally order during my first meeting of the day when I can't get away to go get them. So if you want to take me to task for being lazy, take me to task for setting my alarm for 10 minutes before my first meeting of the day starts. ;)

Dave

Staff member
I had three numbers and the Powerball all one number off of what was drawn and hit one number. I know that's not even remotely close, but it's the closest I've ever come. 4+Powerball would still have been $50,000.

Instead I go home empty handed, which is exactly what I expected when I paid my $2.