Dave

Staff member
At my medical study. I’m an alternate so I probably won’t be taking any medication. Still have to be here until Monday, though.

My fiancée and I went shopping today. When we were cashing out she was at the bagging area so she asked me to put her phone number into the card reader for the store rewards program. I did and it went through. She told me that I put in the wrong number, which made no sense because like I said, it went through fine. She went back and put in her real phone number, which was both correct and not close to what I put in. So she asks me "how did you forget my cell phone number, and who's number did you put in?"

And thats how I realized my ex also has a rewards membership at that store.

So, as I'm semi-planning my biking trip to Lunenburg this weekend, I'm thinking about what exactly I'm going to do. As far as Lunenburg itself, I figure I'll just see what to do once I'm there.

But I'm also thinking about how or what to document. Obviously GoPro footage of my ride there and back. Probably some kind of footage and/or pictures of my activities in Lunenburg. But I thought maybe I could do some stuff on social media, too. Maybe live videos or stories on Instagram? I thought I might compile and edit everything together into a video travelogue once I get back. That might be a fun little amateur documentary.

I don't know, what do you guys think?
(Edit: Obviously, "Enjoy yourself!" goes without saying, as I fully intend on doing that.)
Consider grabbing a cheap notebook and making notes/sketches, keeping things you pick up in there like maps, tickets, etc. It makes a fun keepsake that doesn't take a lot of space

After pruning a big chunk of politics out of my twitter feed, it's chock full of the Bishop Sycamore football story tonight. And it is a DOOZY. :confused:

So at work I had to deal with a piece of code that takes a long time. I usually don't have to deal with it, which is nice because its a "click this button and then leave for lunch" kind of thing. I was so annoyed that it was taking so long that I decided to break in the middle and what was holding everything up. It turns out super deep into the code there was an exception being caught that was returning whatever value. I added one check to return the value rather than throw the exception to do so.

I turned a 1 hour process into a 30 second one. It's been there for at least a decade.

Dave

Staff member
At one of my old jobs a guy I worked with did something similar. Turned a long process into something that took hardly any time at all. But in HIS case it was "copy all of the data and then shut off instead of writing it to the backup tapes".

I took over for him and discovered the business had no data backups for TWO YEARS. Had anything happened during that time they'd have been fucked.

I'm confused, I don't see the hentai on the shelf that would usually precipitate that sentiment.
Hentai no, but a Blu-ray of "Caligula", the uncut version.

Hentai or not, it doesn't matter. With all the anime, disapproving looks are a sure thing.

I have no issue with the anime. I am however giving you a very disapproving look based on the lack of alphabetical order on that shelf.

The games and the anime are in alphabetical order, mostly. The rest not so much.
I'll be honest, if you'd tried bullshitting me about how "although those are English language DVD's they are actually in alphabetical order based on the German name for those shows, you ignorant monolingual Brit" you'd have had at least a 50/50 shot at pulling it off. ;)

Hentai no, but a Blu-ray of "Caligula", the uncut version.

Hentai or not, it doesn't matter. With all the anime, disapproving looks are a sure thing.
Anime is becoming increasingly mainstream worldwide, I think. I'm pretty sure the amount of disapproving looks you'd get would be low, and would probably continue to decrease in the future.

Unless, of course, you want people to disapprove thereby giving you a reason to not invite them to your home, in which case I understand completely, and I hereby contribute a disapproving look: ಠ_ಠ

Anime is becoming increasingly mainstream worldwide, I think. I'm pretty sure the amount of disapproving looks you'd get would be low, and would probably continue to decrease in the future.
Oh, more mainstream yes, but more accepted? I don't know, it's probably mostly my personal impression of my fellow germans and what their opinions of things I own and like might be.

Unless, of course, you want people to disapprove thereby giving you a reason to not invite them to your home
Not something I even have to do. No one has visited me in the past 10 years. Usually I'm the one going to visit my relatives.

I finally put all my DVDs, Blu-ray and games in one place. For some time I stored them in boxes but it was always a hassle to find something specific. Looking at the shelf make me realize something. I can never let anybody visit me. :oops:
View attachment 38745
Hmmm, let's see, it's hard to read some of them, but I'll give my ranking...
Lord of the Rings +2 brofists
UHF +5 brofists
Star Wars trilogy +3 brofists
Top Secret +1 brofist
Spaceballs +1 brofist
Jabberwocky +2 brofists
Time Bandits +3 brofists
Monty Python +2 brofists
Dr. Who +2 brofists
Clerks +1 brofist
Fanboys +1 brofist
Godzilla +1 brofist
Jackie Chan section +8 brofists
FLCL +1 brofist
Ghost in the Shell section +4 brofists
Assorted other anime +1 brofist
Toy Story +1 brofist
Incredibles +1 brofist
Transformers +10 brofists

Complete lack of organization in any discernible way: -50 brofists

Total: 0 brofists
Result: It's a collection.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, so I hate Apple. Not because I hate their products but because, well, I hate the company. My old phone would hold a charge for about 20 minutes. I could really only use it when it was plugged in. So I was basically forced to get a new phone. And Apple sucks because one of the things they LOOOOOVE to do is take away functionality that is pretty standard on phones and replace it with items they can sell at a fucking HUGELY inflated price. And these items tend to be shoddy pieces of crap that break. I'm talking about the removal of the headphone jack, of course. So the only way I can listen to music is to use bluetooth headphones. I'm NOT going to buy Apple ones because fuck them guys, so I went on Amazon looking at bluetooth headphones.

The whole point of this post - besides shitting on Apple and everything they are and stand for - is that the item I looked at had 4564 reviews and was HIGHLY rated. Now, I know what you're going to say about Amazon's reviews and I agree, but 4564 reviews would be a LOT to fake so I grudgingly trust them. That is, until I started reading them. Look at the reviews and tell me what the fuck is going on.

Amazon product

I may be imagining this, but because my wife has no immune system I continue wearing masks, and I swear I keep seeing these guys give me a look like they want to say something but they're not because I don't look like someone who can be intimidated easily.

GasBandit

Staff member
Okay, so I hate Apple. Not because I hate their products but because, well, I hate the company. My old phone would hold a charge for about 20 minutes. I could really only use it when it was plugged in. So I was basically forced to get a new phone. And Apple sucks because one of the things they LOOOOOVE to do is take away functionality that is pretty standard on phones and replace it with items they can sell at a fucking HUGELY inflated price. And these items tend to be shoddy pieces of crap that break. I'm talking about the removal of the headphone jack, of course. So the only way I can listen to music is to use bluetooth headphones. I'm NOT going to buy Apple ones because fuck them guys, so I went on Amazon looking at bluetooth headphones.

The whole point of this post - besides shitting on Apple and everything they are and stand for - is that the item I looked at had 4564 reviews and was HIGHLY rated. Now, I know what you're going to say about Amazon's reviews and I agree, but 4564 reviews would be a LOT to fake so I grudgingly trust them. That is, until I started reading them. Look at the reviews and tell me what the fuck is going on.

Amazon product
Uh... well apparently, those are 11kg of coolant suitable for use on premature babies in france?

Dave

Staff member
I may be imagining this, but because my wife has no immune system I continue wearing masks, and I swear I keep seeing these guys give me a look like they want to say something but they're not because I don't look like someone who can be intimidated easily.
You're imagining nothing. Were you smaller in stature they'd probably try and say something. Anti-maskers are cowards and selfish fools.

Amazon product
Looks like they used one product to get a bunch of reviews, and then changed it.
I’ve always had decent luck with soundpeats for cheap Bluetooth headphones. They’re nothing fancy, but they work.
Amazon product