I don't understand people.
I used to have more than an entire month's worth of sick time banked, but then they instituted a cap. I average just under one sick day taken per year, and only came DOWN to the cap as of this year.
Vacation is another story...I make sure I use enough of that every year to keep from capping out.

--Patrick

I will say that a nice thing about my husband's birthday being a week before Christmas and my daughter's birthday being in January is that I can take advantage of a lot of sales.

No. If I were going for something that old, I'd go for something wearing an AMC logo and the word "Javelin" or "AMX" on the side.

Did I offer to prepare the pot roast tonight so it's an easy throw in the crockpot because I'm a nice boyfriend? Or did I do it because it gave me the opportunity to quadruple the woefully inadequate amount of garlic the recipe called for? The world will never know.

A) Yes, but you are nearby, intelligent and post voraciously.
B) Really?!
Thank you, and, yes really. They were/are a band making schlager music, German-style folk music I guess. It's not like l actually know a lot about them, but in their genre they're taken seriously?

Get a partner that looks at you the way Travis looks at Laura. (Travis is top left at the table for all you heathens who don't follow VAs or Critical Role.)

That's some love, that super awkward and completely genuine, goofily said "You look beautiful".

My random crap, and oddly thematic.

My delivery driver last night was like top ten most beautiful women I've ever seen in my life. I'm guessing by her name that she was Indian. She was literally so God damn gorgeous that I was stunned. I guess the literal most attractive people on Earth still gotta do the shit jobs no one wants to do too.

I used to think this was a figure of speech until I met someone inhumanly attractive in real life. It really is a shock to the system.
I had a similar experience when I was 18. I was working a crappy retail job. It was super busy, so I was on the register processing customers as fast as I could. I call "next!" and then look up to see a woman so beautiful that my brain just... stopped? I just stammered for a second. I recovered quickly, but I will never forget being truly stunned by how attractive someone was.

Dave

Staff member
Graduation ceremonies in the UK are formal, serious affairs. Students are expected to conduct themselves with the propriety and solemnity required of the occasion.

So, naturally, this is how I walked the stage at my graduation this week.

Fucking well done, young man! You rock!

Now which of the people on the stage were so hot they distracted you?