Mr. Z and I currently on our Gargoyles binge on Disney+, and Mr. Z asks why do all the Gargoyles except for Hudson sound American? Shouldn't they sound Scottish or at a minimum, some kind of U.K. accent? Which...yeah, true.

So, with respect to the original voice cast who did a fantastic job, if you guys had to recast the Gargoyles with actual U.K. actors*, who would you cast?

(*Weird that they didn't let Marina Sirtis use her actual accent.)
I want Benedict Cumberbatch in there. You'd think I'd want him for Goliath. There you'd be wrong. I want him as Bronx.

I'm amused that some of the old animated films come with warning labels: "This program is presented as originally created. Contains tobacco depictions. It may contain outdated cultural depictions."

Geez, sound like holiday dinners with my family.

figmentPez

Staff member
I know this was about YouTube’s decision to delete “commercially unviable” content, but don’t remember the exact wording.
I’m wondering if this isn’t also an attempt to essentially demand, “Allow Google to monetize your content or else face deletion.” If so, the ones who really need to watch out at the folks like Jim Sterling, who merely use YouTube as a place to host their content, but generate their income elsewhere.

—Patrick
It probably ties back to this huge change, too:

What's killing me is that it sounds like YouTube's machine learning will not only try to change videos from 'Made for kids' to not, but will also change from not made for kids to it, so I await the day when anything that is animated gets flipped randomly and the shit storm ensues.

figmentPez

Staff member
One of the things I find most puzzling about this change is that they're blocking the ability to have videos from channels marked for kids added to playlists. I would think that the ability for parents to add videos to a safe list for their children to watch would be a feature that would help the issue.

Dave

Staff member
You know how I know growing old sucks? The mail I got today was from "Funeral Advantage". If I send in for information I also get a free booklet called, "My Final Wishes: Information and Instructions For My Loved Ones".

Nothing like an advertisement for a little existential dread on a Wednesday afternoon.

You know how I know growing old sucks? The mail I got today was from "Funeral Advantage". If I send in for information I also get a free booklet called, "My Final Wishes: Information and Instructions For My Loved Ones".

Nothing like an advertisement for a little existential dread on a Wednesday afternoon.
If it makes you feel better, I've been getting things from AARP, Hearing Aids and electric scooters for years. But it think this is largely due to my grandmother and I having the same name (and residing at the same address at multiple points in my life).

My daughter sprained her knee 2 weeks ago, and thinks she can go on a hike next week. She is getting better from said sprain, but she still whines about using stairs and how she can't bend her knee all the way at dance yet, and thinks that she'd be just fine hiking. Sorry, but no. She sprained it at gymnastics, which she has not been back to yet because that is just too high impact right now, but going to dance is good for getting her to use her knee without too much risk as long as she doesn't push it too hard.