My big fear with any attempted trustbusting of Amazon is that they'd intentionally take down all the internet they control out of spite.

Like me, you must have "that face." The one that says, "You can talk to me about anything and let's face it you probably will."

--Patrick
I used to have that face. I even used to listen while they talked. Heck, there was one time I listened so hard I made some guy skip work for the afternoon while he rambled on about trying to be an actor (I think he had done a TV commercial) and other stuff. I still remember this guy, because his office Christmas party was that night, too.

Now, I just want to be left alone at the bar.

I'll tell your bartender she should stop bothering you. ;)
Just so long as she keeps my coffee cup topped up, that works for me. I mean, I've already heard pretty much everything she might say. And on top of that, when it comes to the banal, pointless stuff like reality shows, she likes the Bachelor (I don't) and I like Big Brother (she don't).

As of this morning, my Canon Pixma 5320 printer has decided it doesn't print text anymore. just the annoying graphics I literally tell it not to print.

I had to take Lyft to work today, and the driver was from Congo. He loves Trump. He talked about how amazing Trump is and how much he has helped the Congo. He literally said, "Trump is going to stop the Rocket Man in Korea from getting our Uranium."

Interesting conversation to say the least.

Dave

Staff member
Well, I haven't gotten it yet, but my bank has my amounts in my "pending" deposits.

My paycheck hasn't changed. I guess I have to check the 3% because it was supposed to start this month. My bonus check is about $1000 more than I expected. Nice surprise.

My $100 bonus for my 10 year anniversary? After taxes comes to $55.55. So a 44.45% tax is okay, I guess...?

Bonus taxes are stupid high. My job used to offer to pay for up to a week of unused vacation time per year. When I saw how much I actually got I vowed to not let a second of time go unused ever again.

Well, I haven't gotten it yet, but my bank has my amounts in my "pending" deposits.

My paycheck hasn't changed. I guess I have to check the 3% because it was supposed to start this month. My bonus check is about $1000 more than I expected. Nice surprise.

My $100 bonus for my 10 year anniversary? After taxes comes to $55.55. So a 44.45% tax is okay, I guess...?
IRS says that bonuses can be taxed at a flat 25%, according to Intuit. But everywhere I've ever worked has just paid the maximum tax bracket on them.

Yeah, you get the payment but it's usually taxed at the "I didn't actually work for this money" rate (which is really high, about 50%).
But then you get it back later when it gets mixed in with the rest of the year's wages.

--Patrick

Man, I feel like posting some memes about "really high" and "I'm just sitting here like..." and stuff, but I'm too lazy.
You all know what I'm thinking, anyway.

Dave

Staff member
I have the next week and a half off. I don't go back to work until the 9th. So of COURSE my internet starts to crawl to a grind. Now a technician is coming on Tuesday. I guess I have to put on pants that day.

(Oh, and by a crawl I mean I'm getting about 40-60 Mbps. Which is still what we used to have at the old place, but way, WAY worse than the 1000 Mbps we're supposed to be getting.)