GasBandit

Staff member
Someone on imgur linked a comic and said it was in the style of "C&H."

Some users interpreted that as "Cyanide and Happiness."
Others interpreted it as "Calvin and Hobbes."

I wonder if that's a generational divide.

Someone on imgur linked a comic and said it was in the style of "C&H."

Some users interpreted that as "Cyanide and Happiness."
Others interpreted it as "Calvin and Hobbes."

I wonder if that's a generational divide.
I thought cyanide and happiness, but only because they are regularly reposted on imgur

But apparently the Z's haven't had such fortune, I guess?
Hey, hey, hey! Watch those nicknames! :p

On a side note, probably since I am not a Millennial or Gen-whatever-letter-they've-adopted-now, while I recognize the characters/artwork immediately, I always forget the comic is called "Cyanide & Happiness".

British Airways flight BA3271 got a bit lost today. It was supposed to go from London to Dusseldorf, but somehow ended up touching down in Edinburgh.

GasBandit

Staff member
Hey, hey, hey! Watch those nicknames! :p

On a side note, probably since I am not a Millennial or Gen-whatever-letter-they've-adopted-now, while I recognize the characters/artwork immediately, I always forget the comic is called "Cyanide & Happiness".
I think Millenials still interpret it as Calvin and Hobbes, as their GenX parents have often passed down/re-bought the collections to give to their kids because they were so precious to their own childhood. Generation Tide Pod, though... I guess not so much.

British Airways flight BA3271 got a bit lost today. It was supposed to go from London to Dusseldorf, but somehow ended up touching down in Edinburgh.
... But... HOW? Did they realize it, too? Or did they get to the jetway and wonder "why aren't the skycaps speaking German?"

... But... HOW? Did they realize it, too? Or did they get to the jetway and wonder "why aren't the skycaps speaking German?"
It looks like the pilot's were given the flight plan for the plane's last flight yesterday (which was London to Edinburgh). No one realised anything was wrong until the plane was coming down to land & the pilot did the whole "We are now landing in Edinburgh" announcement & the passengers collectively went "Wait, what?".

Apparently one of the cabin crew ended up asking the passengers to put their hands up if they wanted to go to Dusseldorf & the entire plane put their hands up.

I think Millenials still interpret it as Calvin and Hobbes, as their GenX parents have often passed down/re-bought the collections to give to their kids because they were so precious to their own childhood. Generation Tide Pod, though... I guess not so much.

I'm pretty sure Millenials were alive for Calvin and Hobbes, and didn't need it handed down.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm pretty sure Millenials were alive for Calvin and Hobbes, and didn't need it handed down.
Some of the earlier ones perhaps, but less so the ones born in the first half of the 90s.

You and I are X, but Millenials can be as young as 25 (born in 1994) and the last C&H comic was in 95.

The article I read was titled: “Plane lands safely, at wrong airport, in wrong country.”

—Patrick

Some of the earlier ones perhaps, but less so the ones born in the first half of the 90s.

You and I are X, but Millenials can be as young as 25 (born in 1994) and the last C&H comic was in 95.
C&H was syndicated and did (does?) reruns, so Millenials with newspaper-using parents could've enjoyed them all the same. My born-in-90's-Spain experience isn't wholly relevant to U.S. upbringings, but I grew up reading C&H on newspapers (and Sunday supplements), starting at age 4 or 5. My dad would often cut the strip out of a competitor's newspaper in the newsroom so I could read them at home. Hands down my favorite comic strip pre-internet.

A lady who's apparently the mother of the next door neighbor knocked on our door and asked if she could come over and pick our lemon tree, as she's already picked all she can reach from over the fence. Like, I'm happy to give away lemons because there's more than we'll use, and of course the neighbor is within their rights to any growing over the fence, but asking for unfettered access to our tree from our side of the yard seems a bit... cheeky? I'm not sure exactly what the etiquette protocol is here. I just gave her a grocery bag half full of lemons rather than let her in the yard.

A lady who's apparently the mother of the next door neighbor knocked on our door and asked if she could come over and pick our lemon tree, as she's already picked all she can reach from over the fence. Like, I'm happy to give away lemons because there's more than we'll use, and of course the neighbor is within their rights to any growing over the fence, but asking for unfettered access to our tree from our side of the yard seems a bit... cheeky? I'm not sure exactly what the etiquette protocol is here. I just gave her a grocery bag half full of lemons rather than let her in the yard.
Give them some lemon seeds. :D

Ready for the randomest of random crap?

I was listening to the radio on the drive home from work tonight. CBC Radio's As It Happens was talking about, of all things, a seagull impression competition. And asked listeners to call just for fun and give their best impression. Winner gets a tote bag I think?

Like a bird brain, I called. Fingers crossed, folks. Or is that feathers?

Who knows? Maybe the people in charge of the competition will be so impressed, they'll invite me to enter.

Of all the things to accomplish in my life, that would be the weirdest.

I have a conference call with a major pharma company today, and I am the only one from my company who will be on it. I am supposed to discuss our non-disclosure agreement and data sharing/services (I just found that we will offer these services yesterday) with them. When my boss told me that I would leading this all by myself, all I could think was "uh, wut."

Yay. Startups are fun.

EDIT:
The call is over. I couldn't answer a single question. I just kept saying, "We'll have to get back to you about that." I have a whole page of questions that I need to write to my boss so he can tell me what to say so I can write the company back with all the answers. On the bright side, I guess I can add negotiations with pharmaceutical companies to my CV now.

Last edited:
A friend of mine inspired me for a possible new tattoo: the wolf emblem from The Witcher 3. Maybe on my shoulder, above the bicep?

I don't know. I love the game, but do I love it enough to get a tattoo?

A friend of mine inspired me for a possible new tattoo: the wolf emblem from The Witcher 3. Maybe on my shoulder, above the bicep?

I don't know. I love the game, but do I love it enough to get a tattoo?
No. You do not love the game that much.

Does the wolf mean enough to you?

No. You do not love the game that much.

Does the wolf mean enough to you?
I don't think it's your place to tell me how much I love the game. That question was more rhetorical to myself.

It doesn't hold any meaning to me aside from being one of my favorite games. People have tattoos of things if lesser meaning than that.

Get the tattoo if you feel like getting it. You dont need some kind of spiritual or emotional connection with a tattoo. Do it because you think its cool, do it because
you like the witcher, do it because you love the endorphin release after a tattoo or do it just because; or dont, thats ok too. As long as you want to.
I have a fox tattoo. I got it because I thought it looked pretty sweet. And I like foxes. Thats all.
Not once did I regret it.

My next goal after saving up is getting the Hyrule shield.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've loved a lot of video games over the years, but I don't know if I've ever loved one enough to get it permanently engraved upon my flesh.

I've loved a lot of video games over the years, but I don't know if I've ever loved one enough to get it permanently engraved upon my flesh.
That's basically where I'm at. The only reasons I'd like it is it would look badass and it's in a spot where I hadn't considered getting a tattoo yet.

Video games are kinda meh, I have a board game tattoo as it represents the time I spent with my friends during a set period of my life. All my tattoos are like that though, symbolic of a time period in my life.