The Random Crap Thread 2: It Hits the Fan.

Reactions
481 239 0
I started decluttering purge of my comics today.

Over three banana boxes filled so far.

The hardest part will be selling them, of course.
Do you have to sell them? I mean, are you selling them because you need the money? If not, have you considered donating them to a hospital with a pediatrics ward or a shelter for abused women (that have kids with them)? Comics can help kids feel more normal in a tough situation. It might be something to look into if you are able.

Reactions
1,819 528 14
If there are any actual collectibles in there, I would skip the kids/donation route. That’s how heads explode.

—Patrick

Cajungal

Staff member
Reactions
468 128 0
It sounds like someone has been knocking on the wall all day. The wall is two stories up and on the outside of the house, so it’s:

1 a hallucination
2 a quiet woodpecker
3 either the kids or cats have screwed something up and are the cause of this sound.
Could be someone trying to get out of purgatory.

Reactions
468 297 1
Lol! Poor them. I didn’t answer.

Getting off the couch right now is a serious undertaking. I have been deliberately delaying getting up now for a while. My knee is a mess and the cats keep trying to kill me on the stairs.

Do you have to sell them? I mean, are you selling them because you need the money? If not, have you considered donating them to a hospital with a pediatrics ward or a shelter for abused women (that have kids with them)? Comics can help kids feel more normal in a tough situation. It might be something to look into if you are able.
This is what I've done with my comics, though I know a lot of Nick's aren't kid-friendly.

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
1,709 762 12
Mmmmm. Razoo's....

Place was really good. Glad I had lots of money because y'all fuckers ate a lot. And I know, I didn't have to buy for the whole table, but that's what I'd budgeted my vacation for.

Reactions
645 188 0
I'm sitting in a simultaneous interpretation booth right now, positioned behind our speaker. Who is young, female, and fit. And is wearing yoga pants.

I'm too distracted to interpret properly.

Reactions
362 181 1
I've been eating "Natural" peanut butter exclusively for about 6 or so years. I bought a small jar of Jiff b/c the store was out of the natural stuff. It tastes so processed and funky now. I used to love it. Even my 3 year old wouldn't eat her PB&J with the Jiff stuff.

Reactions
1,819 528 14
I've been eating "Natural" peanut butter exclusively for about 6 or so years. I bought a small jar of Jiff b/c the store was out of the natural stuff. It tastes so processed and funky now. I used to love it. Even my 3 year old wouldn't eat her PB&J with the Jiff stuff.
Sugar, molasses, and palm oil. They make such a difference.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
5,140 1,122 23
My favorite new news story of 2019.

Crematorium in Germany catches on fire and has $1.7 million worth of damage. The only thing untouched? The 20 bodies they had in storage awaiting cremation.

https://apnews.com/06d7cc62c7b44d7786b447b8d6c7a05a
Heh, if they were kept in a fireproof area, I guess that'd make sense. Probably it was meant to keep a fire IN and had the side effect of keeping this fire OUT.

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
1,709 762 12
My guess is they were in a secure refrigerated area. Those tend to be fireproof. But still, isn't it ironic? Don't ya think?

My favorite new news story of 2019.

Crematorium in Germany catches on fire and has $1.7 million worth of damage. The only thing untouched? The 20 bodies they had in storage awaiting cremation.

https://apnews.com/06d7cc62c7b44d7786b447b8d6c7a05a
Sadly, the firefighters were unable to resuscitate any of the 20 bodies found.

Also, are we sure there were 20 bodies to begin with? This might be an elaborate murder plot.

Reactions
645 188 0
I got two of my classmates hooked on Cookie Clicker. The three of us all started a new game at the same time this morning. It is now evening, and one of them just sent me a picture showing off his 2.5 million cookies per second. I responded with a pic of my current production, at 5.5 million cookies per second.

To be fair though, I'm an experienced Cookie Clicker-er.

Reactions
1,819 528 14
*Boss walks in*
SHOULDN'T YOU ALL BE TRANSLATING SOMETHING?!
饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 饼 ...

--Patrick

Reactions
1,072 251 1
Mr. Z got banned from a Reddit thread today because he quoted My Cousin Vinnie in a legal advice thread. I'm very proud of him.

(I should mention he's not upset about it, he thinks it's funny that someone got a stick up their ass about it.)