I remember the episode where it was all from Pinky's point of view, including hearing his thoughts. After that episode, I could never hear one of his weird responses to Brain's "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?" question without trying to figure out how Pinky's train of thought led to that.

"I think so Brain, but wouldn't a hippopotamus look funny in Speedos?"
Never thought a phrase like that coming from Pinky would ever make sense.

GasBandit

Staff member
Taxes filed. $30 refund. Dang, that's a little farther from 0 than last year.

(I always try to get as close to no refund as possible. It's like... tax golf.)

Ironically what made my refund about $18 higher than last year was that I made *less* money off youtube than in 2017. Youtube doesn't do withholding, so the more money you make there, the more you pay in taxes.

I like having a big, juicy refund to enjoy at year end :)

And our pay system is barely capable of paying us, much less altering standard withholding codes.

GasBandit

Staff member
I like having a big, juicy refund to enjoy at year end :)

And our pay system is barely capable of paying us, much less altering standard withholding codes.
I'd rather have the money as I earn it, without having to loan it to the government interest-free. In fact, I'd rather come up short and have to make a payment than get a refund.

Theres this fancy local steakhouse that does a "free steak on your birthday" deal. I did it a few years ago and ended up on their mailing list, as you do.

Now they send me spam at least every week informing me of the deal. I guess I would've liked to think they'd be smart enough to spam it around my brithday and maybe do other ads the rest of the year, but nope. Every week "is it your birthday? free steak!"

fade

Staff member
How come Launchpad McQuack wears pants? Do you think he's like a freak in the Duckverse? "Whoa, check out that dude. He's wearing pants."

How come Launchpad McQuack wears pants? Do you think he's like a freak in the Duckverse? "Whoa, check out that dude. He's wearing pants."
Gyro Gearloose also wears pants, as well as the Beagle Boys and Mark Beaks. Goldie and Della also wore pants. So... no?

I think the real question is why do all the Ducks refuse to wear pants?

Gyro Gearloose also wears pants, as well as the Beagle Boys and Mark Beaks. Goldie and Della also wore pants. So... no?

I think the real question is why do all the Ducks refuse to wear pants?
Clearly because no one's invented pants that can hold that much duck, if you know what I mean.

It's pretty much the tall, long bodied ducks that wear pants, while the short, squat bodied ducks - scrooge, donald, the nephews, etc - get their porky pig on. Maybe some sort of weird height-ratio thing going on there.

Didn't really want to make a new thread for this, but do y'all have any idea what a reasonable timeframe is to call back for a job interview? I'm trying to upgrade to a full-time position within the company I'm currently at, and had a talk with them about the possibillities for that two weeks back (Monday 4th). They told me to send an email to another recruiter for a specific position, which I did. Since then, nothing.

Is calling back okay, or should I just wait it out?

Dave

Staff member
A follow-up email is perfectly reasonable, but after that it's up to them. And sometimes the fuckers never call if the answer is no. HR departments ghost more than disinterested hot chicks.

An email or two is fine. I’ve been on both sides of the interviewing, and I am happy to respond to emails. I try to be up front in interviews and give a time line, but I know it does t always work out.

Yeah, two weeks is perfectly fine to send a reminder. Best if you can add a non-passive-aggressive question asking for a response, so that they'll respond - at least you're sure they received your mail and haven't forgotten you.

I saw a brawl today. Like full on, two dudes beating the hell out of each other. It started in the parking lot across from work and then they ran behind my car to finish up in our lot.

I called the police and they were not impressed that I got out of my car.

GasBandit

Staff member
I generally wait two weeks, send one followup e-mail, and after that the ball is in their court. Granted, I don't know if this is the best way to go about it.

So, uh, have any of y'all been to my wonderful adopted home state's Natural Wonder of the World - otherwise known as the Grand Canyon - anytime in the last 18-19 years? If you have, and you went into the Grand Canyon Museum where they have a lot of artifacts about and from the Canyon...

...well, you might want to get checked out for radiation poisoning.

Seems they left a few buckets of uranium out among the exhibits. The amount was pretty significant - three five-gallon buckets of uranium ore - and it was in a high-traffic area of the museum, near some taxidermy exhibits.

So, yeah.

So what you're saying is that while I was in the bathroom, mom came home, walked past the bathroom, took a chair from the dining room and used it to reach the snacks in the pantry and then left without being heard by anyone.