This has nothing to do with anything, it's just something that was on my mind lately.

Toyota is doing a special Toyota Racing Division of their sporty FT86 model for 2019. That's cool, there was a time when the MR2, Supra, and AE86 were world-beaters in various types of racing.

But after watching a review of its performance, it's just massively disappointing. It's $32k+, it's 2+2 (2 adults, 2 pieces of luggage or two pets), and it's 6-cylinder boxer engine produces 205 horsepower. That's... honestly, not a lot. Yes, the steering is sporty and the suspension gives you a very stiff, responsive driving experience. But you get all that with a number of similar cars in the neighborhood, price wise, that give you more. It doesn't really have the muscle to be a track or street racing car, and it's too sporty to be a daily driver in a city.

For about $3,000 more, you can get a Honda Civic Type R. The type R either has a 4 door model, or a 2-door hatchback, both of which have much more room than the FT86, making it more practical as a daily driver. It's more comfortable when not attuned to sport mode, and it has slightly better fuel economy. But more than that, it has literally more than a hundred more horsepower, 306 to 205. So it's both more practical as a daily driver, and a higher performance racer.

For just a little bit more, you can get a Subaru WRX STI, which has a little more horsepower and all wheel drive, is a 4-door with a trunk, and has about the same fuel economy.

I mean, it's just that Toyota could have done something special here. GIve it a twin turbo or something. Give it the same amount of muscle as its competitors. Instead, it comes off looking a bit anemic, which is sad when you think about the Toyota Racing Division's legacy.

Got a phone call last night from a buddy. It's a long & drawn out situation but here's what it boiled down to:

• His sister in law got a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft.
  • She believed him
  • She gave him access to her computer and downloaded a program.
  • Her laptop was locked up tight and they said $1500 to unlock.
Now, some of this I knew going over to their house to help out and some of it I found out when I got there. In the end, they decided to just toss the old POS laptop and get a new one. There was nothing on there that they really cared about. The number the "Microsoft" guy gave did not work so that said to me that they were data mining so I had them change all their passwords and call their banks since if the guy did datamine they have all the accounts, passwords, credit card numbers, etc.

Then they asked me to look at their other desktop. Taskbars everywhere. So I tried to download Spybot S&D and couldn't find a copy for...Windows Vista. When I finally did I downloaded it at a blazing 100k bps. And the update was still downloading when I left. I had to get up for work and couldn't stay any later.

Jesus, people! MICROSOFT WILL NOT CALL YOU!!
My parents' computers are always in a mess like that. My dad will click every 'Click Me!' he sees. Luckily, he uses a iPad mini as his daily computer.

Zappit

Staff member
So, after much planning and soul-searching, I’ve decided that the current Supervillainous storyline will be the last Supervillainous storyline. It’ll take a couple months to finish, but we’re coming up on the end.

So, after much planning and soul-searching, I’ve decided that the current Supervillainous storyline will be the last Supervillainous storyline. It’ll take a couple months to finish, but we’re coming up on the end.
I thought you already announced this?

—Patrick

I'm pretty sure I should never use drugs because my brain already acts like it's high.

For some reason I was thinking what a funny prank announcement from Harebrained Schemes would be about Battletech, for April Fools Day. That got conflated with the weird Azure Lane / Battleship girls crossover with World of Warships. The result was an anime series where the girls were Battlemechs, like "Locust-chan" and "Jenner-kun" and "Marauder-sempai" and "Atlas-sama", etc.

I swear to god I'm not actually on drugs.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm pretty sure I should never use drugs because my brain already acts like it's high.

For some reason I was thinking what a funny prank announcement from Harebrained Schemes would be about Battletech, for April Fools Day. That got conflated with the weird Azure Lane / Battleship girls crossover with World of Warships. The result was an anime series where the girls were Battlemechs, like "Locust-chan" and "Jenner-kun" and "Marauder-sempai" and "Atlas-sama", etc.

Sounds kinda like Kantai Collection.

GasBandit

Staff member
Another day-one decree for if I ever inexplicably find myself emperor of mankind -

All video recording devices shall only operate in landscape mode. Any attempt to record in portrait mode will cancel recording and delete the current footage.

Another day-one decree for if I ever inexplicably find myself emperor of mankind -

All video recording devices shall only operate in landscape mode. Any attempt to record in portrait mode will cancel recording and delete the current footage.
Could you also mandate an electrical shock and message that must be responded to as punishment?

Dream Thread is that-a-way.

—Patrick

I have nothing to do tonight. No girlfriend. No family. No friends. Not even a sports game I care about. This is probably the first day like this in months.

I'm so happy.

I have nothing to do tonight. No girlfriend. No family. No friends. Not even a sports game I care about. This is probably the first day like this in months.

I'm so happy.
What would Joe Montana do?

EDIT: from SNL "Sincere Stu"
Code:
https://vimeo.com/119808091 GRR XF stop auto-embedding my link
--Patrick

Last edited:
A store near me carries it.
I was tempted by the Apple Crisp variety.
Not enough to buy it (I was on a mission to buy rum for the wife), but I was certainly tempted.

--Patrick
I just opened it and tasted it. It's actually not half bad. It's smooth, though a bit hot. You can definitely taste the corn. It doesn't have that charcoal flavor you get with a lot of whiskeys. I'd buy it again.

I'm trying to figure out why the hashtags #boymom and #girlmom are so obnoxious to me.
Because they're sexist constructs that reinforce the idea that a boy and a girl are inherently different and bound by our stereotypical cultural interpretations?

But, you know, less pretensiously worded. It's a modern and seemingly innocent reinterpretation of "boys will be boys" and "girls just want pink toys and barbies".

If you're looking for low cost flowers for that special someone, try the cemetary, people leave gorgeous bouquets free for the taking.

/r/UnethicalLifeProTips
FTFY

So your flight is delayed and you're stuck in an airport for 4 hours, bored out of your mind. Whatever shall you do?
Well, if you have a smartphone (and a cat!) and nothing else to do, maybe something like...this:

--Patrick

Just got a foot and a half section of tree branch thrown at me, so that's cool.

I am already requesting a do over for today please.