Dave

Staff member
If there were only 4 made and this was the last one, what the fuck are they doing flying it around?!?

GasBandit

Staff member
If there were only 4 made and this was the last one, what the fuck are they doing flying it around?!?
They were getting it ready for an upcoming airshow. There's another Northrop flying wing of not quite exactly the same model at the smithsonian, but this one was the only one of this particular model. Until now, it had been kept functional and flying.

Today I finally got sick of the ridiculous amount of gray I have and colored my hair for the first time in two years. I spent 15 minutes feeling like I got the color too dark before I realized I've just gotten too used to how white everything in the front has been. :p

GasBandit

Staff member
I hope @GasBandit can confirm for me that there's a special hell for people that put car horns or sirens in radio commercials
I hope there is, too. I have lambasted more than one jock for using such. I don't know if sirens and horns are technically illegal, but if you use actual "Emergency Broadcast" noises in your commercial, the FCC will actually sit up and take notice.

Is there something like too much vacations? There's 4 days left and I would like to go back to work. For the first time in my life I took my full 30 days of vacations. I always took 1 or 2 weeks max. There was always work to do, but after the last 3 years, I was tired. I feel good now, but I'm afraid that feeling will not last after I return to work.

All at once?
For the first several years at my job, I couldn't take vacations at all. Even when I'd schedule 40 hours of vacation, I'd end up working 20-35 hours of it. So, finally, once I built the department up enough that I could actually go on vacation, I took the entire month of December off, the last couple of years.

This year, the company has updated their vacation policy to only allow 2 weeks at a time. :D

I drove through Alto TX last week. I was on my way to see Mom for Easter. A week earlier it was struck by tornadoes. Along the highway I was traveling there were downed trees lining both sides of the road for a stretch of 9 miles. It was like driving through a place that was carpet bombed.

There is also a state park at the start of that destruction (Caddo Mounds.) It had a new HQ and a large grass house that were built within the last 7 years. Both total losses.

IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM MEASURING FORCE IN METRIC TONNES THEN YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH ME AND I SUGGEST YOU LET THAT ONE MARINATE!

At breakfast Noah was talking about how fun text-to-voice can be to play around with. He put in LOLOLOLOL which came out sounding like the Trololo song. So Aussie had to play the video for them.

Lily then said the funniest thing she has ever come out with - "What if they replaced the Wilhelm scream with the guy singing trololo?"

Can anyone make this a reality? Because, judging from how much the four of us laughed about it, I think you'd be internet famous!

GasBandit

Staff member
At breakfast Noah was talking about how fun text-to-voice can be to play around with. He put in LOLOLOLOL which came out sounding like the Trololo song. So Aussie had to play the video for them.

Lily then said the funniest thing she has ever come out with - "What if they replaced the Wilhelm scream with the guy singing trololo?"

Can anyone make this a reality? Because, judging from how much the four of us laughed about it, I think you'd be internet famous!
Do you mean the song with screams instead of the trololos, or do you mean the movie scenes with trololos instead of the scream?

IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM MEASURING FORCE IN METRIC TONNES THEN YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH ME AND I SUGGEST YOU LET THAT ONE MARINATE!
A Metric tonne is a kilogram times one-thousand.

A kilogram is a unit of mass, not force.

The metric unit of force is a Newton. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_(unit)

Come at me bro.

(And he knows where I live, he's been to my place multiple times, so this isn't an empty taunt! Though I know where he lives too, and the same applies)

1. It's a meme.
2. It's a Canadian meme.
3. The metric measurement of force using tonnes is called the tonne force and in common parlance simply tonnes.

Yeah I just needed a silly release because some one are work decided to "improve" a working file from 20 selectable units of measurement down to 2.

See, this is why spy movies with super advanced spy stuff are silly. It's part of the fire code that the fire department be able to access stuff normal people can not, such as elevator controls. To do this they have a special key that only the fire department may own. But what if little Johnny accidentally has that key, well you can't accidentally have that key because the manufacturer's specifications are included in the published fire code.

Dave

Staff member
My message to IT this morning after they closed a ticket last week after doing nothing.

This is NOT resolved. I guess when I was being nice about what we've tried I should have been more clear. I researched this issue before sending it to IT because we'd done everything on our end to fix it before sending it to you. THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE THAT CAN NOT BE RESOLVED CLIENT SIDE.

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...atically-moved-to-deleted-items?forum=outlook

There are SERVER SIDE things that need to be checked. CHECK THEM! It's incredibly frustrating when IT doesn't research or check anything and then just sends a message telling you to do stuff you've already done. A new profile is probably going to be the way to go since in most cases that I've researched it's a corrupted profile. But setting up a new profile will not allow access to old emails and John has a LOT of emails he needs to keep access for student issues, so this is something IT needs to do.

So now instead of being nice and asking I'm pretty much telling you: Set him up a new profile and move his emails over. It's not something he can do and because of security issues I don't know whether I can do it for you.