GasBandit

Staff member
Wikipedia said:
Phoneutria, commonly known as Brazilian wandering spiders, armed spiders ("aranhas-armadeiras", as they are known inPortuguese), or banana spiders (not to be confused with the relatively harmless species of the genus Nephila), are a genus of defensive and highly venomous spiders found in tropical South and Central America. These spiders are members of the Ctenidae family of wandering spiders.

The Brazilian wandering spiders appeared in Guinness World Records 2012 as the world's most venomous spider.

Wandering spiders are so-called because they wander the jungle floor at night, rather than residing in a lair or maintaining a web. During the day they hide inside termite mounds, under fallen logs and rocks, and in banana plants and bromeliads. P. nigriventer is known to hide in dark and moist places in or near human dwellings.

and in banana plants

in banana plants

IN BANANA PLANTS

fade

Staff member
Further down the same article on Wikipedia:
Aside from causing intense pain, the venom of the spider can also cause priapism in humans. Erections resulting from the bite are uncomfortable, can last for many hours and can lead to impotence.

Venom from wandering spider injected in human body can lead to death within 2-12 hours. The venom induces release of nitric oxide which acts as a dilating agent and arteries and veins are dilated, it is then followed by increased blood flow in penis and results in a long duration penile erection

Fuck fuck FUCK.

Why the fuck did I click on that?!

I have been so good lately, not clicking on spoilered images. I learned my lesson long ago when Gas Bandit posted the gif with squids or some shit coming out of her ass.

Why the fuck did I break my own rule?

I must hate myself.

Like, seriuosly guys. I opened that spoiler and it was closed in less then a second.

My husband felt my whole body jump from his side of the couch.

I had to close the lap top, take off my glasses, and verbally berate myself for being and idiots and ask a God I don't believe in why this exist.

WHAT THE FUCK.

S

SeraRelm

not funny thread has awesome images in it too. like.. THIS ONE!

The horror...

M

makare

Is that alton brown? That bastard can eat my ass.

You know what would be better than ignoring threads would be to rename it so I could enlarge the NOT funny part. I keep accidentally clicking it and seeing horrible things. It makes me sad. I think we could rename threads on our own screen once. Maybe that was a different forum.

M

makare

I don't want to get into it but I have gone from loving him to knowing that he is an ass. Now I don't want anything to do with him or his shows.