Belgian-style ales are good, especially Ommegang's Three Philosopher's, Abbey Ale, and Tripel Perfection. Their Joemegang (coffee-flavored) is pretty fantastic, too.

I don't disagree. It's a good "working" beer, for when you're doing yardwork or somesuch. Sam Adams' Summer Ale is another good one for that, too.

Null, you and I can be friends. Ommegang's beers are in regular rotation at my house, along with St Barnardus Abt 12.

I used to be able to get La Fin du Monde at Krogers, but they stopped carrying it. :(

AH Gansett, THAT is a working man's lager. Get em and a shot at a Philly bar for a city wide ya can. Or Pabst, I've warmed up to pabst over the years, I think my revulsion to it was due to the MASSIVE obsession it had.
I had my first 'Gansett in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I hit maximum hipster points that day.

I remember Dale Gribble talking about Hipsters on King of the Hill. "They walk slow, because there's nowhere they gotta be."

fade

Staff member
I’ll be over here having a hefeweizen later, if anyone wants to join me.
Not a fan of those either. They taste like banana runts to me. Other than that (and American style fizzy piss beer) I'll take just about anything.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm really tempted to buy Elon Musk's new flamethrower.[DOUBLEPOST=1517178947,1517178549][/DOUBLEPOST]Or at least I was, until I watched some actual video footage of it and realized it's not a flamethrower at all, but merely a large blowtorch.

I'm really tempted to buy Elon Musk's new flamethrower.[DOUBLEPOST=1517178947,1517178549][/DOUBLEPOST]Or at least I was, until I watched some actual video footage of it and realized it's not a flamethrower at all, but merely a large blowtorch.
Sure but can you imagine a more badass way to make your creme brulee?

That's because it it projected any farther it would have to be legally classified as a weapon.

GasBandit

Staff member
That's because it it projected any farther it would have to be legally classified as a weapon.
Flamethrowers are not regulated by federal law, and are legal in 48 states (California and Maryland, being the exceptions).

They're commonly used in controlled brush burns and in snow removal, amusingly enough.

Yeah, my steak knife covers me in sticky burning oil from 10' away, too.
His version is just propane gas, and projects a flame less than a meter. No liquid fuel, and my guess is it doesn’t last very long before emptying or freezing the cylinder.

I still want one, but I could get the same effect by removing the regulator from this $30 torch:

https://m.harborfreight.com/propane-torch-with-push-button-igniter-61595.html

So I’ll just have to settle for the boring hat I guess.