fade

Staff member
Apologies in advance for all the old post ratings from me. I'm coming out of my vacation fugue state. I've been on vacation since the 14th.

“Here we see @fade emerging from torpor. Notice how his hand automatically goes for the left mouse button even though his body temperature has not yet returned to normal.”

EDIT: THANK YOU for getting that pun. I agonized over the exact wording for minutes!

—Patrick

We have a dude coming in this week to interview for a position in my department. Since I have his name and other basic info, I'm Googling his Chinese name to see if anything notable pops up. Unfortunately, his Chinese name happens to be the same as the protagonist of what appears to be an extremely lascivious Chinese web novel. Think of it like a guy named "Christian Grey", except the name is much more uncommon than that. Pretty much all the hits I'm getting are of this novel, with nothing on this applicant himself. I'm now guessing he doesn't have any social media accounts.

So, not only did I not uncover anything about this guy, I now have a bunch of searches in my web history for a much worse-written version of Fifty Shades in Chinese.

Not sorry for calling a spazzy crack whore a spazzy crack whore. It's the most accurate description I can give the local deputies for this woman hanging around the property and bothering guests. I'd been marginally polite up to now, but no more. Told her point blank she is not welcome here. EVER.

Now that the holiday season is over or at least nearing over, please permit me to share some advice on certain issues.
  1. NEVER go to a strip tease club with your buddies while having your credit card in your wallet, and a number of pints under your belt.
  2. Number 1 is an ESPECIALLY bad idea if you happen to live outside of your country of origin, and have given your mother's address to all official parties as your contact address, and asked her to open any mail received that looks like an invoice and scan it to you.
  3. In case you fail all of the above, you should definitely pay your credit card bill before any physical invoice ever gets sent to your mother.
As an additional inconvenience, it may be an annoyance when, while flying to your country of current residence while having booked an economy class ticket, the VIP lounge at the airport where you have a four hour transit layover doesn't take cash to pay for entry. And your credit card is, due to completely unrelated reasons of course, all maxed out.

Nothing in this post should be taken as an admission of anything on my part. I am simply sharing with you these musings on a completely hypothetical scenario, in case any of you might suffer a lapse of good judgement that has never and will never happen again.

B

BErt

Someone on letgo appears to be trying to sell stolen credit card numbers. Very dumb criminal or obvious police sting?

He's not particularly good at this job. "Set of skills" or not, they got taken 3 times. To quote Liam Neeson himself, "That's just bad parenting.".

He's not particularly good at this job. "Set of skills" or not, they got taken 3 times. To quote Liam Neeson himself, "That's just bad parenting.".
I've only just seen the first one. In that one though, the mother was rough with the lying about the real nature of the trip etc and that they both sucked for letting her go at all!