Ignorant third worlder here. What exactly is this spam you talk about? (too lazy to google it)
Canned pork shoulder. It's kinda considered a low-budget/trashy food but is absurdly popular in Hawaii for some reason. I've never actually eaten it so I can't speak to its taste.

I have a can of Spam that we got when Spamalot was in previews on Broadway. (Photo will have to wait until I get home.)
I hadn't planned on opening it because outside of Hawaii, I don't eat Spam.

So, uh, how long, exactly, does this stuff keep? Because it's been a while.

Canned pork shoulder. It's kinda considered a low-budget/trashy food but is absurdly popular in Hawaii for some reason. I've never actually eaten it so I can't speak to its taste.
I imagine Spam is a (much) cheaper alternative to perishable food.

The popularity of Spam in Hawaii has a lot to do with WWII and the fact that the unopened can doesn't need to be refrigerated. Back then it took a longer time to get supplies to the island, so it was easy to store as non-perishable food.

For once, I agree with Gas. Spam is nasty (unless is sliced super thin and fried really really crispy, then it barely qualifies as food, and even then it's more like a salt-lick.)

Don't forget the Great Taco Debate of whatever year that was.
That was 2007 when I successfully convinced everyone that a Canadian who does not eat Mexican food was the person to trust regarding what cheese goes on a taco over the opinions of two Mexicans.

That was 2007 when I successfully convinced everyone that a Canadian who does not eat Mexican food was the person to trust regarding what cheese goes on a taco over the opinions of two Mexicans.
It's been 10 years since that?! Damn, I feel old.

I want this guitar, but I can't justify the temporary debt or dipping into savings to get it. Wish my birthday was near. C'est la vie-tar.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...ssic-ash-body-electric-guitar/j41359000001000
Because of how it looks? Or how it plays? Or because you think it might appreciate in value?
As guitars go, I don’t think I would ever buy one for any reason other than how it sounds/plays. Nothing else would matter to me.

—Patrick

Because of how it looks? Or how it plays? Or because you think it might appreciate in value?
As guitars go, I don’t think I would ever buy one for any reason other than how it sounds/plays. Nothing else would matter to me.

—Patrick
Sounds. I really like Fender's Baja Teles too, but they're too much as well. I don't need anymore instruments in the house anyway. I do like the ash, but that is completely secondary.

I haven't actually played a G&L, but I have seen and read dozens of reviews. Apparently, the ASATs were designed by Leo Fender (the L of G&L), and he concerned them the perfected version of the Telecaster.

What do you play?

What do you play?
Nothing, mainly due to a lack of time and the fact that the music store where I worked and got free lessons went bankrupt only two weeks into my lessons. I’ve been told I have talent, but I likely won’t ever get the chance to really develop it. But I got a really sweet acoustic out of the deal, a Martin J-15M that sells for more than triple what I paid for it with my (then) employee discount. I actually toy with the idea of trying to convince someone to make a tele-wannabe out of lead crystal or something else nonmagnetic but of similar density.

—Patrick

Nothing, mainly due to a lack of time and the fact that the music store where I worked and got free lessons went bankrupt only two weeks into my lessons. I’ve been told I have talent, but I likely won’t ever get the chance to really develop it. But I got a really sweet acoustic out of the deal, a Martin J-15M that sells for more than triple what I paid for it with my (then) employee discount. I actually toy with the idea of trying to convince someone to make a tele-wannabe out of lead crystal or something else nonmagnetic but of similar density.

—Patrick
Ooo that's a sweet guitar. I have a MIK Fender DG-10 that sounds way better than it should. I lucked out with it. I've played it since ~'95 so it needs some frets either replaced or leveled, but it has a nice deep dreadnaught sound. I have a electric guitar kit from China that still needs work. My brother had a Strat and an SG that I played a bit. I have a Kala uke too which is a bunch of fun.

I don't have much time either. I played 2-3 hrs nearly every day during undergrad, and now just 30 minutes here and there. I do play songs for my daughters regularly though.

Buy some new strings and get on youtube and learn some songs! It's not too late!

So... a few weeks ago, back before Halloween, my wife and I were sitting in our house in beautiful (and quiet) southwest Oregon, when we heard the unmistakeable sound of jet engines overhead. Now, we used to live under several traffic patterns of JBLM, SeaTac, and Boeing Field (all at once), so it's not a sound we're unfamiliar with, but it's the first time we've heard it since moving, and it... lingered. It honestly seemed to be flying in circles in the valleys, which could be possible since there are F-15s over at Klamath Falls and there have been complaints in the past about their pilots buzzing roads on training missions. It (the noise) went away after 10 to 15 minutes, and then came back, off and on for a good hour or so. It hasn't happened since. Apparently, at least a portion of the noise was from F-15s scrambled to locate and identify an unresponsive, unidentified, white plane reported to be seen flying at airline flight-levels (35,000 to 45,000 feet). What the hell? I thought we'd managed to escape the weird shit in the sky envelope when we moved away from JBLM.

So... a few weeks ago, back before Halloween, my wife and I were sitting in our house in beautiful (and quiet) southwest Oregon, when we heard the unmistakeable sound of jet engines overhead. Now, we used to live under several traffic patterns of JBLM, SeaTac, and Boeing Field (all at once), so it's not a sound we're unfamiliar with, but it's the first time we've heard it since moving, and it... lingered. It honestly seemed to be flying in circles in the valleys, which could be possible since there are F-15s over at Klamath Falls and there have been complaints in the past about their pilots buzzing roads on training missions. It (the noise) went away after 10 to 15 minutes, and then came back, off and on for a good hour or so. It hasn't happened since. Apparently, at least a portion of the noise was from F-15s scrambled to locate and identify an unresponsive, unidentified, white plane reported to be seen flying at airline flight-levels (35,000 to 45,000 feet). What the hell? I thought we'd managed to escape the weird shit in the sky envelope when we moved away from JBLM.
I get Apaches and Blackhawk helicopters flying low over my house at least once a week. I guess my pond is an easy to spot navigation aid.

My phone is giving up the ghost so I've been looking at new ones and color me intrigued, I thought refurbished phones would be cheaper than buying new, but wow is that not the case?

Why is that?

My phone is giving up the ghost so I've been looking at new ones and color me intrigued, I thought refurbished phones would be cheaper than buying new, but wow is that not the case?

Why is that?
If its an Iphone, that's because every version before the Iphone 7 is infinitely better. INFINITELY!

figmentPez

Staff member

Why is that?
Are the new ones showing a price that's subsidized by a service contract?