GasBandit

Staff member
I just noticed the last couple days... playing a youtube video has started automatically turning down the volume on winamp if winamp is playing. Dunno how long I have been manually stopping winamp to play a youtube video, and didn't even need to do so...

GasBandit

Staff member
TIL winamp is still around.

It's over 20 years old.

That's 94 internet years.
It's still my favorite audio player program. I especially like how it handles streaming audio. I'm a premium subscriber to DI.FM, and that lets me export a winamp playlist that, when loaded, just lets me switch between all my stations within winamp itself, no browser needed (after the initial playlist export of course).

GasBandit

Staff member
We don't have a Souper Salad in town here any more, and I kinda miss it. So I went to google maps and asked for "Salad Bar"...

The first result on the list is my local hole-in-the-wall Irish Pub. I don't think Carney's has a salad bar, google... buuuuuuuuuut....

It's still my favorite audio player program. I especially like how it handles streaming audio. I'm a premium subscriber to DI.FM, and that lets me export a winamp playlist that, when loaded, just lets me switch between all my stations within winamp itself, no browser needed (after the initial playlist export of course).
You are so old.

GasBandit

Staff member
Frankly, I still miss my Sandisk Sansa m240. I mean, it only held 1 gig, but it was the size of a lipstick container and did everything I needed of an MP3 player (including receiving FM radio) off a single AA battery that lasted FUH-REV-ER. It was in a bag that got stolen :(

Frankly, I still miss my Sandisk Sansa m240. I mean, it only held 1 gig, but it was the size of a lipstick container and did everything I needed of an MP3 player (including receiving FM radio) off a single AA battery that lasted FUH-REV-ER. It was in a bag that got stolen :(
Looks like you can get one for $17 shipped on eBay.

While we're on the subject, the Koss SportaPro are still the best "don't care if it breaks" headphones I have ever found. Astounding sound quality, sturdy, sweat resistant, light, and comfy. We own two pairs, plus a pack of replacement earpads (still haven't needed to use them).