I have an iPhone3 that I use as my primary alarm clock. I picked it up yesterday for the first time in months, and I noticed that the back bezel has basically shattered. It already had a crack in it long ago when I picked up a iPhone4. Now it seems that the battery has swollen to the point of breaking the back of the phone off and will likely catch fire at some future date. Now I need an alarm clock. Or fix my iPhone4.

Anyone have a really good quality alarm clock or should I make a Raspberry Pi alarm clock?

GasBandit

Staff member
Super weird!! And he was all super casual about it?
Yes. I couldn't tell if the other guy was also a Ducky's employee or not.

Also, the other guy must have been terrible at fighting because the guy was barely mussed. No blood or abrasions or even grass stains.

I half suspect they weren't "fighting" and the swinging fists were just for show until I was out of sight.

Yes. I couldn't tell if the other guy was also a Ducky's employee or not.

Also, the other guy must have been terrible at fighting because the guy was barely mussed. No blood or abrasions or even grass stains.

I half suspect they weren't "fighting" and the swinging fists were just for show until I was out of sight.
Closeted Texas Foreplay?

Last night I dreamt I was playing Hide and Seek with Darth Vader. I could hear him breathing, but damned if I could actually find him.

You ever think how non-sensical "Cock-smoker" is as a insult/saying for someone who fellates? I mean, when you smoke a cigarette or cigar you just put your mouth on one end and that's it, you don't LUNG your mouth toward the flaming death stick. Silly it is, very silly.

You ever think how non-sensical "Cock-smoker" is as a insult/saying for someone who fellates? I mean, when you smoke a cigarette or cigar you just put your mouth on one end and that's it, you don't LUNG your mouth toward the flaming death stick. Silly it is, very silly.

TIL Cock-smoker as an insult.

Heck, TIL you'd insult people for fellating.

Dave

Staff member
Sitting at the doctor's office (don't ask) listening to two loud idiots who sound like Trump bumper stickers. If I were playing moron bingo it would have taken me about 15 seconds to fill my card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave

Staff member
Okay I can say now - results are back. My wife does NOT have breast cancer. We were at the hospital getting a second mammogram and ultrasound done because of a false positive the last time she was in a few days ago. She had something show up, but they are calling it a cyst cluster. She'll go back in 6 months and have it done again. If it changes then they'll biopsy and we'll go from there.

So yeah. That was our morning.

In other news I'm down to 196 pounds and met with the personal trainer again. I don't start seriously (twice a week) until next Friday (Nov 4) because of money stuff. Stupid money.

Heh. I saw that. Someone is obviously trying to send a message.
Unfortunately it sounds more like the sort of message you send someone on their way to the grocery store.

--Patrick
Cause of death was said to be choking on his own vomit, so this probably wasn't murder. It sounds like a drunken prank gone wrong.

I'm writing again, and doing some world building to make sure it all fits together. And as I'm doing that, I'm working along some admittedly kind of weird themes, as it turns out. It's a military sci-fi story, and I've been working on writing up the antagonist culture's personal weapons. I kind of like them, but I want to know if they're too cliche or just basically not good ideas.

And for some reason, their official designations by the military is based off South American predatory fish. The idea was based off how odd some of the NATO designations for Soviet military hardware was, ie the MiG-21 "Fishbed", MiG-23 "Flogger", etc.

Saurian anti-personnel personal weapon: “Pirahna”, aka “Serrator” (literal translation of its Saurian name), “Ripper”, “Daisy Cutter”. An automatic smoothbore weapon that fires bundles of razor sharp airfoils capable of ripping unarmored targets to pieces. Fairly short ranged and ineffective against even lightly armored vehicles or fortifications but is easy to use and the large spread makes accuracy less important. It can also be modified to fire flechettes with better penetration against standard issue body armor.

Saurian anti-powered armor / anti-drone weapon: “Candiru”, aka “Shockfang” (literal translation), “Spiker”, “Shocker”. A largebore weapon firing discarding sabot tungsten alloy darts capable of piercing armor. Upon impact, the dart deploys three retractable barbs that latch onto the target, while a power cell emits an ion pulse through the dart, capable of disrupting or destroying electronic systems.

Saurian sonic concussion weapon: “Arapaima”, aka “Crusher” (literal translation), “Screamer”, “Stunner”, “Leveler”. A sonic weapon using an energy charge to create a focused concussive blast. It can be used as an area effect weapon, detonating a shockwave with a 2-meter radius, or as an anti-armor weapon, capable of cracking ceramic-based armors of insufficient resilience with a focused blast.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Reaper's shotguns have a longer range than Roadhog's, Roadhog's gun fires shredded medal that loses almost all its damage potential beyond a few meters, however, his alt fire, like the sabot, flies out farther before then exploding into shrapnel. Your fictional gun is supposed to be ineffective vs armor, Reaper's VERY effective vs armor whereas Roadhog is less so.

Ana's got a dart that incapacitates without necessarily destroying, and it works on robots/mechs too.

Lucio's weapon is based on sound. It's alt fire specifically is a ~2 meter ranged concussive sound blast that is higher damage than the primary fire and is a very strong knockback.

Reaper's shotguns have a longer range than Roadhog's, Roadhog's gun fires shredded medal that loses almost all its damage potential beyond a few meters, however, his alt fire, like the sabot, flies out farther before then exploding into shrapnel. Your fictional gun is supposed to be ineffective vs armor, Reaper's VERY effective vs armor whereas Roadhog is less so.

Ana's got a dart that incapacitates without necessarily destroying, and it works on robots/mechs too.

Lucio's weapon is based on sound. It's alt fire specifically is a ~2 meter ranged concussive sound blast that is higher damage than the primary fire and is a very strong knockback.
Okay, THAT puts it in a frame of reference for me. Yes, that sounds about right. Or at least a good analogue.

My son and I were looking through out poke-cards and working on getting a grip on our collection. As he leaves to put his binder away, I hear him in the hallway in his little voice trying to imitate me "oh my god, you have your sticky hands all over my cards!! Oh my God don't sit on my cards!"

FUCK YEAH-Mick saves the day once again! My parents got a call from an "Amazon sales rep" who tells them for 20 dollars a month they can help them be Amazon affiliates. That shit is free, and wicked easy to use. Fuckin' scam artists.