Today I'm editing a subtitle translation case. It's actually probably my favorite case thus far in my four years of working here. It's for a Mainland Chinese TV series, very melodramatic, quite riveting. There's one character who's a Chinese girl who's supposed to have grown up in the US. As a result, she peppers her speech in Chinese with English words and phrases. And every time she does, the English is spoken by a dubbed-over voice that is COMPLETELY different from the actress's own voice. It's actually very funny. Presumably the actress couldn't say the English dialogue without an accent, which is why they went for the dubbing method. But now every time she speaks English, it's sort of like when you watch a Disney musical and the singing voice is obviously different from the speaking voice.
I am shocked that China lets you guys translate anything for them. Are they not paranoid enough to realize you're government propaganda dispensers peppering all your translations Taiwanese mind control drugs

I may have used it wrong. I'm running on very little sleep.

I asked him if his brain melted. Again.
I'm simply raising suspicion of possible double and triple entendre, you are actually using the correct phrasing for what you intended, I'm just twisting it for my own amusement.

Get some sleep!

I'm simply raising suspicion of possible double and triple entendre, you are actually using the correct phrasing for what you intended, I'm just twisting it for my own amusement.

Get some sleep!
I will send the doomweasels after you.[DOUBLEPOST=1469122595,1469122541][/DOUBLEPOST]
There are other people at this salad bar, now what are they gonna use for croutons? Typical shellfish behaviour, typical Sami Zayn.
This is why I love you so much.

GasBandit

Staff member
That feeling when you spend the entire morning embroiled in political debates and then have to go SSJ4 to get everything done in the afternoon

There ain't no stopping us now
We celebrate on the floor
Top down, we're ready to go
To all the people across every nation
Turn it up and give me some more

:awesome::rofl::awesome:

A local TV icon has passed. Bill "Chilly Billy" Cardille of WPXI in Pittsburgh has died at the age of 87. You may know him as the TV reporter from Night of the Living Dead, but for years, he was the host of Chiller Theater on Saturday nights. The show was so popular, it delayed Pittsburgh getting Saturday Night Live by several years.

A little sample with Barbara Feldon, another Pittsburgh native...

:(

A local TV icon has passed. Bill "Chilly Billy" Cardille of WPXI in Pittsburgh has died at the age of 87. You may know him as the TV reporter from Night of the Living Dead, but for years, he was the host of Chiller Theater on Saturday nights. The show was so popular, it delayed Pittsburgh getting Saturday Night Live by several years.

A little sample with Barbara Feldon, another Pittsburgh native...

:(
I felt the same when I found out Sir Graves had passed. That's a chunk of someone's childhood that just ended.

--Patrick

Well, yesterday was my Friday, since I do not want to work during what may be Southern Ontario's hottest day in decades.

. . . But it's only 31 (88) degrees outside right now.

Dave

Staff member
-heh- Here in Omaha right now it's high 90's with heat index from 102 to 116.

I'm going to play softball tonight now that I know I'm not going to keel over and die.

-heh- Here in Omaha right now it's high 90's with heat index from 102 to 116.

I'm going to play softball tonight now that I know I'm not going to keel over and die.
Yeah, with the humidex, it's supposed to feel like 107. That's the bit that hasn't been reached here in decades and why I'm skipping work.

it was supposed to be 100 today, with a heat index of 110.

It's currently 90, and doesn't really feel that hot out to me. Then again, I'm from Texas :)