I wish I could wear contacts of any kind. I'd love to buy a shit ton of those specialty costume contacts.

But my astigmatism is so bad that even weight glass contacts designed for astigmatism roll around on my eyeball.

Just getting caught up on this thread (been a weird week).

Man, that sucks. Do they know WHY it caught on fire? And do they still own it or just wanted to know because it has a place in their hearts?[DOUBLEPOST=1461167632,1461167550][/DOUBLEPOST]

Me, too.
The Police still investigating but they already think a technical malfunction caused the fire. Nobody in my family can really believe that, my father turned everything off before they moved to Sweden. I don't know the exact details about the ownership, my parents don't talk much about such things with us children.

Everyone working at the pizza place right now can't be older than high school. Hell I question if they are even that old. Surely I didn't look that young when I was 16.

I have a real issue with anything going near/in my eyes. I can't even use eyedrops.
I've never had an issue with eyedrops or anything, but I've never worn glasses, or, obviously, contacts, before today. It was awkward getting them in, but once there I could pretty well ignore them. I was pleasantly surprised.

GasBandit

Staff member
Operator-chan is operating operationally in operational operations.

I don't understand it either, but my head hurts less when I foist whatever caused it off on you guys.

From what I can find it seems to be a /k/ (4chan's gun/ammo/etc board) thing from 4chan that spun out of control, and there's also an operatorchan message board that caters specifically to folks from /k/.

This weekend my wife and I had lunch with some of our old classmates from university, and while we were waiting for everyone to arrive my mind started drifting, and I got into a very intense and involved mental simulation of what I would do if I had Superman's powers. Because it was such a deep thought process that occupied all of my mental clock cycles, I ended up standing there staring into space with an expression of profound concentration. My reverie was only broken when one of our classmates, a girl who's getting married soon, asked me, "Hey dude, why are you staring at my face?"

I couldn't very well say I was pondering the practicality of making tea with my heat vision, so I had to come up with something quick. "Oh, uh, I was just thinking your face looks thinner these days, you must be trying to lose weight for your wedding pictures, huh?"

And she happily agreed that she has, in fact, lost some weight, thanks to her gym sessions after work every day, and she's delighted that the results are apparently now noticeable. Actually I didn't really notice any difference.

Also, making tea with heat vision is totally practical, and I think I'd do it every morning.

It all depends on how precisely you can activate heat vision. You don't want to superheat your tea to explosive temperatures, even if your near-invulnerable throat can probably take it.

I also often get that sort of "why are you looking at me/my face/etc?" questions for similar reasons (though usually not as cool as "what would I do if I had Superpowers?", usually rather things like "What would I do if I had cancer?" or "Who would care for me if I got Alzheimer?" or the like? I'm a happy happy guy -_-). Positive things about figure/weight loss works 97% of the time with women. Men are harder to shake off, but in most non-professional cases I've found you can just tell them you were lost in thought for a second. Not as much prying.

Considering Superman bounces his heat vision off reflective surfaces to shave and cut his hair, I'm inclined to think he's able to control the beam pretty precisely. Otherwise he'd be setting his medicine cabinet on fire.

So Amadeus Cho is the Hulk now...ugh. This is Mac Gargan Venom all over again. Or more accurately Amadeus Cho becoming Iron Spider, though the fact that he was an insufferable PRICK in that ep is worse than that terrible costume of his.

fade

Staff member
None of the old censored phrases apparently made the transition to the new server.

And yet a complete breakdown of civility did not occur.

Amazing, eh?
I remember something like that, but it also seems like I remember that one still filtering fairly recently, though. Maybe I'm just misremembering.

I didn't realize there had been a filter either. One Navy forum I was on had a filter that was so strict it even censored cocktail, pussycat, and the name Dick.