Bhamv especially perhaps, since that article (which I only bothered to skim) and to just be saying "this word in one language, while similar in definition to that word in that language, carries a different connotation. Isn't that fascinating?"

And it surely is.

But comparing that Chinese word to happy and happiness is silly. It seems to me it translates better as serene or serenity.

Hahaha it just occured to me that my daughter has a field trip to the Capitol building in Denver tomorrow. I now feel bad for the bus drivers.

Maybe they'll decide to just watch the parade instead.[emoji14]

Last edited:
Does anybody know if chocolate and peanut butter covered English toffee is a thing? Because it totally should be.

Also, I may or may not have eaten half a bag of mini Heath bars.

Outside a Taco Bell/KFC in northern CA, guy asks for change to buy food. I have no change or cash (plastic only), but I leave with a bag of Doritos chips and offer it, he looks it over and declines "I'm vegetarian, I can't eat that."

Outside a Taco Bell/KFC in northern CA, guy asks for change to buy food. I have no change or cash (plastic only), but I leave with a bag of Doritos chips and offer it, he looks it over and declines "I'm vegetarian, I can't eat that."
What type of Doritos? The plain chips, yellow bag, are actually vegetarian. Surprisingly enough, Fritos are vegan.

Sitting here wondering if that station @GasBandit is at has any surplus parts still hanging around from the turntable days? Assuming they ever even had any turntables. :)

(turns out the cartridge that came with the SL-1200 I bought in December was practically the broadcast standard in the 70s and 80s.)

It's apparently also Pancake day.

I can't keep track of this ridiculous bullshit anymore.

Everyone knows it's Broncos Day! :D

GasBandit

Staff member
Sitting here wondering if that station @GasBandit is at has any surplus parts still hanging around from the turntable days? Assuming they ever even had any turntables. :)

(turns out the cartridge that came with the SL-1200 I bought in December was practically the broadcast standard in the 70s and 80s.)
Unfortunately not. We lost our last turntable and reel-to-reel back around 2003 or so. But hey, if anybody still uses 100VG-AnyLAN equipment, I've got 3 12-port hubs sitting on my shelf doing nothing, as they have for as long as I've worked here.

It's apparently also Pancake day.

I can't keep track of this ridiculous bullshit anymore.

Everyone knows it's Broncos Day! :D
Oh come on, it's Paczki day!

That's pronounced PUNCH KEY. You kind of have to work your way up to it, though. Consider warming up by eating a stick of butter and chasing it with a cup of sugar.

I love those t hings...But yes, they're very, very heavy. Once upon a time I was in a Bulgarian-Polish restaurant, and had one of those as dessert. Couldn't finish it. I saw the cook make it, and I wondered if it was something else he was making for 4 or 5 people, but it wasn't, and he was lovingly making it, late in the evening; I sat there and tried, I really tried, but I simply couldn't eat another bite without throwing up.

Does anybody know if chocolate and peanut butter covered English toffee is a thing? Because it totally should be.

Also, I may or may not have eaten half a bag of mini Heath bars.
Just mix a bag of mini Heaths with a bag of butterfinger bites.
[DOUBLEPOST=1455047712,1455047616][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh come on, it's Paczki day!

That's pronounced PUNCH KEY. You kind of have to work your way up to it, though. Consider warming up by eating a stick of butter and chasing it with a cup of sugar.
Those things have been on sale in local stores for the last two weeks. Two weeks!
Lenten creep! LEEEENNNNTEENNN CREEEEEEEEP!

--Patrick

Those things have been on sale in local stores for the last two weeks. Two weeks!
Lenten creep! LEEEENNNNTEENNN CREEEEEEEEP!

--Patrick
No kidding. Our local Meijer stores have had them right at the front door immediately behind the greeter since mid-January.

I've had almost two a week since then, usually other people bringing them into work to share, or as part of a buffet at a party.

My daughter was playing music off my phone in the car, and she played the into track to They Might Be Giants Flood. When they said, "It's a brand new album for 1990", I realized that she was most likely hearing "a thousand years ago".

fade

Staff member
So what's going on with r/funny? Why hasn't it changed in 3 days? I'm guessing it's some "thing" I didn't hear about.

GasBandit

Staff member
My daughter was playing music off my phone in the car, and she played the into track to They Might Be Giants Flood. When they said, "It's a brand new album for 1990", I realized that she was most likely hearing "a thousand years ago".

THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO...

...there's an eighth Harry Potter story coming?! WHY-oh right money-BUT STILL!
It's almost certainly because Warner Bros offered her a shitton of money and she wants to keep up her charity work. Also because her adult novels haven't taken off at all.

If Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them does well, we're probably going to see more movies too... there is definitely a large amount of material on Pottermore for them to mine, not even going into stuff like a Dumbledore biopic or something.