I haven't gotten one of those "You're doing that thing again" ratings. Do I not have a thing? Should I get a thing? Would I be a better person with a thing?
When you're doing the thing, you're usually also being funny and/or acting huggable, meaning you get more of the others.

GasBandit

Staff member
For absolutely no reason whatsoever, I decided to start using a nail file while waiting for Adobe to finish doing some audio processing on this weekend's radio shows...

... Jibbers Crabst but my shirt looked like I tried to eat a powdered donut without using my hands, by the time I was done.

GasBandit

Staff member
Aha! So the new traffic director is a red head!

Yogi pants?
Actually, as I did mention before, the new Accountant is apparently a redhead. But I have yet to meet her, she's still in Midland, training.

There won't be a new "Traffic Director," that is ostensibly now the person I refer to as Underling #1.

GasBandit

Staff member
I see you gracefully dodged the yogi pants question.

Nod nod wink wink nudge nudge.
Well, my Yogi-sensing powers don't quite make it the 500 or so miles to Midland. Believe you me, I'll let you guys know if it turns out to be the case.

Cajungal

Staff member
I've decided that I'm going to do something positive with my frustration towards a certain group of people this holiday season. I'm already hearing whining about "Christmas, not Xmas," "Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays..." And of course, people are getting whiny about Starbucks' lack of Christmas themed cups. So every time I come into contact with a person like that, I'm going to increase my yearly holiday food bank donation by $1. It keeps me from getting in a bad mood or arguing with people that there's no point in talking to. I think this is going to make me less of a grinch leading up to Christmas. Usually I'm cranky from about now until December 15th. But I'm already feeling good about how this holiday season is going to go.

Cajungal

Staff member
So if I make post after post about taking the Christ out of Christmas, I'm helping charity?
Yep. Bitch away. One addendum: Due to the fact that I'm a teacher, I can't count repeats. So if the old man at my regular coffee place bitches about it the usual amount of times, I can only count it once. Gotta keep the lights on in my house, after all.

Today is the first day you can have your picture taken with Santa at our mall.
Also I have started seeing logging trucks go by carrying Christmas trees instead of their usual log cargo.
It has begun.

--Patrick

We held interviews this week for students. We made it very clear that we would be making our decisions within a week. Now, my week went bananas after Monday, so our hiring decision got delayed a bit but we still knew who we wanted. We needed to do reference checks and touch base with them to see if they were interested. Since the interview, most of the candidates sent emails thanking me for the interview and looking forward to our decision. All good. One candidate sent two more. One demanding feedback and our decision and a second demanding more forcefully. I sent a quick response that we would be informing people of our decision shortly and that we had a crazy week. Under no circumstances will I give results without finding out if the person we had offered to has accepted. This morning I receive yet another email from this person demanding feedback and getting into a rant about how hard the job market is and that I owe her an honest assessment of her skills. Um really?

1 - wtf is this?

2 - she doesn't want my honest assessment. Really. She doesn't.

Yep. Bitch away. One addendum: Due to the fact that I'm a teacher, I can't count repeats. So if the old man at my regular coffee place bitches about it the usual amount of times, I can only count it once. Gotta keep the lights on in my house, after all.
Unfortunately, my actual opinion as a lifelong non-christian is that anyone who gets bent out of shape over merry christmas vs happy holidays is a jerk. Either way you're getting mad at someone trying to just be nice to you.

But uhhh....WHY IS OBAMA DECLARING WAR ON CHRISTMAS? THE FOUNDING FATHERS EXPLICITLY SAID THAT WE NEED TO BE A CHRISTIAN THEOCRACY! DEY TERK ER JERBS!!!!

Cajungal

Staff member
Unfortunately, my actual opinion as a lifelong non-christian is that anyone who gets bent out of shape over merry christmas vs happy holidays is a jerk. Either way you're getting mad at someone trying to just be nice to you.

But uhhh....WHY IS OBAMA DECLARING WAR ON CHRISTMAS? THE FOUNDING FATHERS EXPLICITLY SAID THAT WE NEED TO BE A CHRISTIAN THEOCRACY! DEY TERK ER JERBS!!!!
Second Harvest thanks you for your contribution.

I've decided that I'm going to do something positive with my frustration towards a certain group of people this holiday season. I'm already hearing whining about "Christmas, not Xmas," "Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays..." And of course, people are getting whiny about Starbucks' lack of Christmas themed cups. So every time I come into contact with a person like that, I'm going to increase my yearly holiday food bank donation by $1. It keeps me from getting in a bad mood or arguing with people that there's no point in talking to. I think this is going to make me less of a grinch leading up to Christmas. Usually I'm cranky from about now until December 15th. But I'm already feeling good about how this holiday season is going to go.
That is a brilliant idea. And if you don't mind I'm going to steal it.

Driving home from work yesterday, I notice that one of the creepy ass little churches on the way has changed their sign. This particular church has a way of phrasing things that is just a tick off, so that it's mildly unsettling rather than inspiring. Yesterday's message, though, was starting to get downright Lovecraftian.

"Our God Is Still Under Control"
Hmm. You know? Just hmm.

GasBandit

Staff member
Driving home from work yesterday, I notice that one of the creepy ass little churches on the way has changed their sign. This particular church has a way of phrasing things that is just a tick off, so that it's mildly unsettling rather than inspiring. Yesterday's message, though, was starting to get downright Lovecraftian.

"Our God Is Still Under Control"
Hmm. You know? Just hmm.
THE SHACKLES STILL BIND NYARLATHOTEP, FOR THE NONCE
BUT IT REQUIRES YOUR CONCENTRATION ON YE SPHERES
MERRY YOGSOTHERY