fade

Staff member
There needs to be a service that just bugs the shit of you until you do something. I need that, especially for Fade. Or the 30 other writing projects I have in the air. I'm sure something exists. It can't be a passive alarm, either, because those are too easy to wave off.

There needs to be a service that just bugs the shit of you until you do something. I need that, especially for Fade. Or the 30 other writing projects I have in the air. I'm sure something exists. It can't be a passive alarm, either, because those are too easy to wave off.
A service of roaming Jewish mothers?

fade

Staff member
You know what's annoying? Max Landis is whining on Twitter about how American Ultra got trounced at the box office, and how no one likes original cinema anymore. American Ultra. The movie about a dude who forgot he was a secret agent with mad martial arts skills. The plot that gets recycled at least once a year. Its writer is complaining about originality in cinema.

You know what's annoying? Max Landis is whining on Twitter about how American Ultra got trounced at the box office, and how no one likes original cinema anymore. American Ultra. The movie about a dude who forgot he was a secret agent with mad martial arts skills. The plot that gets recycled at least once a year. Its writer is complaining about originality in cinema.
My wife and I went to the movies last weekend, and among the choices was American Ultra. While the trailers for American Ultra looked really funny, we both thought the same thing about a tired recycled plot, so we went with Ant Man instead. It wasn't a bad choice, though I suspect I might've liked American Ultra better.

GasBandit

Staff member
I try to get to sleep, but it's no good.
My coffee does not taste the way it should.
I know there's no way to make them stop.
My house is surrounded by the cops.

GasBandit

Staff member
@PatrThom @Bubble181 and anyone else needing an explanation:

I am sorry, yes I am
I do not talk to strangers, Ma'am
You're part of this giant plot
Please don't tell me that you're not
My kids must be part of the conspiracy
Mr. Rogers works hand in hand with the KGB

I was playing Fallout Shelter, but I'm at a point where I've built everything I can, and I am incessantly attacked by Deathclaws, so now the game has no interest for me. Sad times.

I'M HOME FROM JAPAN!! :D

I actually think I forgot to say when I was leaving, but yeah, it happened and I'm home. =^^= And I don't think my brain has caught up yet - I can't do simple tasks and I'm so incredibly tired.

Yay, first international trip in the bag.
yeah i know i was confused to see you there and I am like when did she go to japan!?

Quote from Howard Tayler of Schlock Mercenary:

I saw American Ultra just one day after seeing Hitman: Agent 47, and the similarities between the two are misleading:

• Super-agent(s) with amazing abilities
  • Physics-defying stunts
  • Protagonist who is unaware of their latent super-agent abilities
  • Mentor who helps them unlock those abilities
  • Everybody wants to kill the protagonist(s) because of who they are, rather than anything they've done
It is also apparently the plot device behind Blindsight, featuring a tattoo-covered Jamie Alexander (Sif). But seriously, didn't we just have a tetralogy of films with that device in the Bourne series?

I was playing Fallout Shelter, but I'm at a point where I've built everything I can, and I am incessantly attacked by Deathclaws, so now the game has no interest for me. Sad times.
This is when you start a new vault. Or use an online savegame editor to start messing around.

This seems relevant (they discuss the director's complaint too):

I had assumed she left the show due to "difficulties," but didn't expect it would eventually become something like this.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
My chromecast cracked me up yesterday. In standby mode, it does a slideshow thing showing pictures from various feeds I've selected, with the title in the lower right hand corner. I happened to glance up at it while putting on my shoes, just as it was transitioning from one picture to the next. It was a serendipitous moment where I looked at the picture, then started reading the title, and the title changed so perfectly as I read it that I didn't even notice it doing so until my brain said "HEY THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE" when the sentence I read was "Federer, revitalized, subjugates a Space Station."

I had to do a double take, and see that the picture had changed from a tennis headline to a NASA publicity image, and the words just lined up such that my eyes didn't even catch the change in the title.

I slipped in a picture of my lawnmower on our chromecast. Every time it pops up my wife shakes her head. She just don't understand.